Confirmed with Link: Jared Knight to wild for Zach Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I am torn. On one hand it was smart to trade him to the western conference but considering offers from the east would have increased the bidding war.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Main problem with Phillips is he is a below average skater. He has some positive attributes, hands, intelligence, but he is slow.

Too bad. Something he can improve though perhaps. Can't improve hockey iq

Or are we gettig fraser all over again? :laugh: still find it hilarious that kid is almost exclusively responsible for 33% of our wins against the habs last season

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Just wanted to say that you probably got something interesting here. Saw him play a lot since I follow the Q and I thought he wasn't solely a product of Huberdeau. Was creating a lot of chances for himself and his linemates. Good hockey IQ. All about consistency for him. Have that tendancy to sleep at the job. If he gets it....might have a chance to do something.

Thanks for the input old friend. Nice to have some info on this guy from someone who actually seen him play and on a regular basis. WS, was a pretty quiet day. I guess with all the moves all week, sort of made for a pretty boring deadline day. I see your Habs added some depth. With the playoffs right around the corner, you can never have enough depth although Petry is more than depth as I expect he's one of your top 6. I heard several rumours you guys were trading your young defenceman Jarred Tinordi , may be good to hang on to him. I was surprised we never picked up a defenceman. Boychuk was never replaced, we lost Miller for the season and Chara seems like he's playing hurt. I like that we never went all in but still could of at least picked up some depth on the D..

Anyway my friend, really hope all is well in your neck of the woods and you and your family are all well. Take good care and all the very best!!

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not Really... Why is every one impressed by Knight, he has done nothing since he was drafted

He can barely put up 30 points in the AHL, is a -30, only 6'0... zero upside there. At least Knight will be a physical 4th liner if he makes it. We got another Hamil.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
This is ********.

rmxMk.gif

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Thanks for the input old friend. Nice to have some info on this guy from someone who actually seen him play and on a regular basis. WS, was a pretty quiet day. I guess with all the moves all week, sort of made for a pretty boring deadline day. I see your Habs added some depth. With the playoffs right around the corner, you can never have enough depth although Petry is more than depth as I expect he's one of your top 6. I heard several rumours you guys were trading your young defenceman Jarred Tinordi , may be good to hang on to him. I was surprised we never picked up a defenceman. Boychuk was never replaced, we lost Miller for the season and Chara seems like he's playing hurt. I like that we never went all in but still could of at least picked up some depth on the D..

Anyway my friend, really hope all is well in your neck of the woods and you and your family are all well. Take good care and all the very best!!

Take care as well. Talbot will probably and surely be having a blast playing against us at one point. I really thought Chiarelli would make some desperate moves....really thought you guys would be given something like Subban, Koko and Griffith for somethig tangible but it wasn' tin the works for either of them to go greater than Petry. Which I think is a fine addition for us...but we're still lacking a top 6 forward.

For Philipps, remains to be seen if he can upgrade his game to another level. I've seen quite a few guys in the Q that looked great but then it's all about development, and for Philipps, I was sure he would do something. But sometimes...change of scenery is needed. Might actually be needed for both players. Anyway, have fun till the end of the year. Will surely talk again.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I hate that ****er Cassidy. Knight agent wanted this and got his wish.

Now we get to see if this kid is a bust or not.

I am going to go to SA and buy a combo heavy and speed bag and name it Cassidy

Well, that would be a waste because the Wild farm team is in Iowa. Des Moines exactly.

They are also the worst team in the AHL, so if Knight can't make it there, he should probably go back to MMA (wow, now there's something that wasn't included in the extensive bios about him for the last two seasons!) training and skip the DEL. Ronda Rousey needs opponents.

Meanwhile, Zack Phillips sounds like he wasn't a happy camper in Minnesota, so I hope he sticks it to whomever and all that.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm happy Jared can finally get developed properly and look forward to watching him for years to come. The B's royally effed up on him. Cassidy is a damn tool. And when he becomes a good nhler, I can laugh at alllllll the things that were said about him in the Prov thread. Kids gonna be a good one.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I'm happy Jared can finally get developed properly and look forward to watching him for years to come. The B's royally effed up on him. Cassidy is a damn tool. And when he becomes a good nhler, I can laugh at alllllll the things that were said about him in the Prov thread. Kids gonna be a good one.

What will you do if he flops with the Wild, admit he is not the player you thought or blame Cassidy for ruining him, just curious which path you have planned?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Great kid with great set of hands. Saw quite bit of him here with the Sea Dogs. He was one of our best players, even on one the best stacked teams in QMJHL/CHL history.

Thanks for this info. I am looking forward to see how the team looks now.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just wanted to say that you probably got something interesting here. Saw him play a lot since I follow the Q and I thought he wasn't solely a product of Huberdeau. Was creating a lot of chances for himself and his linemates. Good hockey IQ. All about consistency for him. Have that tendancy to sleep at the job. If he gets it....might have a chance to do something.

Thanks Whitesnake ! How are you ?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
What will you do if he flops with the Wild, admit he is not the player you thought or blame Cassidy for ruining him, just curious which path you have planned?

Havent even thought about that possibility because I know its not going to happen. That's my path.

But I'll save a spot for you on the Tobin when he makes it. I know you won't be able to handle the fact that you'll be wrong.

:)

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Yeah the personal attachment to Knight around here always confused me...

Dom is an OHL guy who goes to a lot of OHL games (and especially a lot of Knights game, being from nearby Stratford), Jared's dad befriended a lot of people while his kid was playing for the Knights. Dom has a lot of friends on here (as he should, Dom is great).

I liked the pick at the time, in the end Kadri may have been more responsible for Knight as a goalscorer when he was 17 than I thought. Injuries suck, never got ahead of the 8 ball as a pro. I don't follow Providence close enough to know if he should have been getting better minutes but he's never produces anything as a pro, even in limited minutes he should have been able to do something. Phillips was a good junior too, disappointing pro for disappointing pro, worth the chance.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
God bless our best fan!

Unfortunately there will be a bunch of posters here hoping the Bruins flop.

You are very sweet.

I feel sad for any B's "fan" who want the team to fail.

It wouldn't matter what B's management did...Someone will always complain.

I am happy they did not overpay for some average player .

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Good trade. Knight was not achieving what the Bruins thought he should and a fresh start will do him good. Phillips is a bigger stronger player with the same skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad