Signing(s): Jared Goff signs monster 4 year extension

Sep 19, 2008
Mcvay turned goff into a great qb. Not sure what the problem is here. People here act like he's awful.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Mcvay turned goff into a great qb. Not sure what the problem is here. People here act like he's awful.
Goff came across like a very dumb person on Hard Knocks, but I was blown away in one game last season where he was using the end zone screen to read the defense before taking the snap. It impressed me because the screen was showing the sideline view. So he was looking up at one view and would then look down, take the snap, and make a good throw. Getting his brain to get the two very different perspectives to work like that impressed me.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You mean he played worse when he lost a guy who was on track for 1200 yards and 12 TDs?

Shocking.

Counterpoint; he still had a bonafide #1 WR in Cooks to throw to, Robert Woods, who was also a 1000 yard WR. Good QBs don't need godlike WRs to throw to. Do they help? Absolutely, but not all need them. Guys like Rodgers and Manning made the careers of some WRs by making them look so, so much better than they actually were.

Goff rightly has issues people are pointing out, but at the same time i don't fault the Rams for paying out the ass to keep him. It's what the market dictates and they're primed to contend now. Better to pay the devil you know than go with some other unknown.

Reactions: Art of Sedinery

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
What options you have, Goff might not be Rodgers but he's good enough to win. Betting on an unknown and saving this cap hit to something else would still probably decrease their odds.

Reactions: Bocephus86

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
What options you have, Goff might not be Rodgers but he's good enough to win. Betting on an unknown and saving this cap hit to something else would still probably decrease their odds.
This and if you don't have a dependable QB locked up on your roster, it can spook your other star players.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Even then, you're going to pay just as much for a QB who is either equal or not as good, in the rarer occurrence that a starter even hits the market. Minny couldn't develop a QB so they had no choice but to give Cousins a fully guaranteed deal.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Dude he's been in the league for only a few years

It's natural for him to get better

I don't understand what this perception is of him being mediocre or a bust is. He shed that off after his rookie year.
Colin Kaepernick
Brock Osweiller
Derek Anderson
Rick Mirer
RGIII
Matt Cassel

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
He has SYSTEM QB written all over him. When Belichick outcoached McVay it’s no coincidence Goff was absolutely awful.
Belichick has coached in 12 Super Bowls my dude. He built his legacy off of shutting down elite offenses.
I dont exactly get how that equates to him being an over rated system QB........though I'm also not saying he's worth that contract.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
The goff haters tell on themselves as having a childish understanding of the sport. There arent five better throwers of a football. He has his issues but the tools are there for him to be one of the best in the league. The doubters remind of of waterboy. Bu bu bu bu but espn said.....

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
The goff haters tell on themselves as having a childish understanding of the sport. There arent five better throwers of a football. He has his issues but the tools are there for him to be one of the best in the league. The doubters remind of of waterboy. Bu bu bu bu but espn said.....
lol

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

One of the worst olines in football. Not sure what he's supposed to do. He's a pocket passer he can't create on his own. If McVay consistently wants deep routes and long developing plays Goff is going to come out looking like shit every week. He's a solid QB not his fault if the people protecting him are awful.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
One of the worst olines in football. Not sure what he's supposed to do. He's a pocket passer he can't create on his own. If McVay consistently wants deep routes and long developing plays Goff is going to come out looking like **** every week. He's a solid QB not his fault if the people protecting him are awful.
Creative play callers often want to see their fancy designed plays work in a game. They can thus overlook the situation with their OLine and forget what their capabilities are and think they can pass protect better than they can. It's on McVay to design the game plan that utilizes his team's abilities.

Goff isn't going to be eluding too many pass rushers.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
One of the worst olines in football. Not sure what he's supposed to do. He's a pocket passer he can't create on his own. If McVay consistently wants deep routes and long developing plays Goff is going to come out looking like **** every week. He's a solid QB not his fault if the people protecting him are awful.
He. Isn’t. The. First. QB. To. Deal. With. Bad. Offensive. Line.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad