Signing(s): Jared Goff signs monster 4 year extension

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Every top 15 QB that signs a new contract will be breaking this guaranteed money record.
Can't wait to see what Mahomes' extension looks like next year.

Reactions: sabresEH

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
While i question Goff's value, the law of the land is basically "you be QB, you make all of the money"

Gonna make Prescott's negotiations interesting and at this point, Mahomes will be given the land deed to the state of Missouri on his next deal.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Guaranteed is not the same as fully guaranteed. I believe Wentz got $66 million fully guaranteed, which is about 2 years worth of average salary.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hes in Kirk Cousins class of QB.

Awful deal.

DigitalVengefulAnnelida-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: joestevens29

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
While i question Goff's value, the law of the land is basically "you be QB, you make all of the money"

Gonna make Prescott's negotiations interesting and at this point, Mahomes will be given the land deed to the state of Missouri on his next deal.

Especially in his case as the Cali kid who has played his entire football career in state, was picked No. 1 & has been a big part of the franchises Resurrection.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Dude he's been in the league for only a few years

It's natural for him to get better

I don't understand what this perception is of him being mediocre or a bust is. He shed that off after his rookie year.
You're looking too deep into it if you think it has anything to do with Goff himself and not the claim itself.

Qb's peak early on in many cases. It's not a linear step-by-step process. It's about preparation, skill, attrition, scheme, teammates etc.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

I don't understand what this perception is of him being mediocre or a bust is. He shed that off after his rookie year.
He has SYSTEM QB written all over him. When Belichick outcoached McVay it’s no coincidence Goff was absolutely awful.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He has SYSTEM QB written all over him. When Belichick outcoached McVay it’s no coincidence Goff was absolutely awful.
But if the system is pretty awesome, then it means he's a good fit to the system considering how well he played for all but one game last season. The system clearly is pretty awesome because it looked great for all but one game. It's not going to be fair to the QBs of the league to say a guy has to beat Belichick to be considered worthy of a big contract.

Reactions: Voight

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
But if the system is pretty awesome, then it means he's a good fit to the system considering how well he played for all but one game last season. The system clearly is pretty awesome because it looked great for all but one game. It's not going to be fair to the QBs of the league to say a guy has to beat Belichick to be considered worthy of a big contract.

I agree with this. I do wonder what Goff would look like in another system or removed from McVay. I tend to think he'd be somewhat average personally. I'd be skeptical of signing him if he were a UFA. However, the Rams don't have to worry about what he would or wouldn't be like without McVay. They get him with McVay.

That's not to say I love the contract, but I get why the Rams lock him up.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Not necessarily. The longer a player is in the league, the more time the league has to adjust. I think McVay deserves more credit for developing Goff than Goff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad