Line Combos: Jamie Benn, Ales Hemsky to undergo offseason hip surgery; Sidelined for 4-5 months

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
He's still not 100% and that's the issue. Of course player wants to play and post statistics, but player may not necessarily know what's best for him long-term.

Most doctors aren't going to clear a player if they can damage themselves worse. What we have heard all along about Seguin's status is that he is physically healthy to the point of not doing further damage but that he will have to play through pain. If he's ok to play through the pain who are we to really question it?

Also, the implication that he is doing so simply to put up points I don't buy. He knows how good he is and how important he is to the team. And again, if he isn't doing damage to the injury who cares what his motivation for playing is? I'd rather have a guy fight through pain to put up points than one who would let it keep him out of games. And for what it's worth, for a guy who missed time by injuring his knee he looks fast as hell out there. Doesn't look any worse for the wear.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He's been in the AHL, he has one game remaining on his conditioning stint and should be returning to the NHL shortly after that.

Can't comment on his fitness as I wasn't able to watch any of the games.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I saw glances of the past two games. His skating looked good and got better as the games went on.

Pretty lost defensively though.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Assuming this is to make room for Nichushkin and Garbutt (ugh).

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Or they want to let them play in AHL.

Stars don't play till Friday. Texas has game on Wednesday.

If Nich is ready by Friday I'm sure he gets called up. Not sure who the second forward to play will be...

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Or they want to let them play in AHL.

Stars don't play till Friday. Texas has game on Wednesday.

If Nich is ready by Friday I'm sure he gets called up. Not sure who the second forward to play will be...

Sceviour's still up here.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
The whistle of the wind cutting through the ghost town was the only break in the great absence of all things life. A tumbleweed meandered through the streets of the desolate landscape in the arms of the gusting breeze......

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Per Shapiro

Laxdal never got explanation on why Nichushkin was tossed. “I think the refs just wanted the game to be over.†#txstars

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That sounds pretty bush league, as little as it really matters.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nichushkin is going to get buried on the fourth line.

I won't be upset about the possibility of this until we get to see him on the ice again.

Ease him back in, no need to rush anything at all.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
With the news of Val playing tonight, I feel that it's important that I take a break from exam studying and write about Val's return...

Once upon a time, about a three and a half billion years ago, life was simple. Everybody had only one cell each, and we were all floating around in oceans. It was all a rather fair and egalitarian way to live. This remarkable equilibrium was how life did business for the next couple billion years. But eventually, the universe in all its celestial wisdom, decided this was not enough, that life needed to be something more. Over the next hundreds of millions of years, life evolved from the miniscule singled celled beings to the intelligent life we know refer to as Homo sapiens. From the industrial revolution, to the conveyor belt, to the advent of computers, with each technological innovation, mankind got one step closer to coming to universal perfection.
Then, on one fateful March 4th day in a hospital in Chelyabinsk Russia, the clouds parted and the heavens bestowed upon the earth billions of years’ worth of evolution, a man by the name of Valeri Nichushkin. And on this day, when Valeri Nichushkin makes his triumphant return to the Dallas Stars, the hockey gods look down in utter silence as Val makes his way onto the ice and screams out with the rage of a thousand suns #IAMVALNICHUSHKIN.

Anyways, back to studying Pharmacology, Med Chem and everything else that makes me want to drive a pen into both my eyes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad