Confirmed with Link: James Wisniewski and a 3rd to Anaheim for William Karlsson, Rene Bourque, and a 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Right. We've got to make this our longest losing streak of the year.

Well, with Buffalo tomorrow there's a good chance we can stop it at 2 right now but no way in H will we not lose more than 2 in a row at some point(s) this season.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Well, with Buffalo tomorrow there's a good chance we can stop it at 2 right now but no way in H will we not lose more than 2 in a row at some point(s) this season.

Probably. What's sunk this franchise in the past is letting a lose streak extend to 5, 6, 7 or more games.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Probably. What's sunk this franchise in the past is letting a lose streak extend to 5, 6, 7 or more games.

Or 9 or whatever last year brought. Hopefully the winning streaks will outweigh the losers.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Rene Bourque

Small sample size so far this year with his injury

1) Do you think CBJ tries to re-sign him next year? (UFA)

2) 3.3 cap hit this year, if so what would they offer him next year

At this point I'm leaning towards him in another uniform next year, but he has played fairly well lately

thoughts?

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Rene Bourque

At this point I'm leaning towards him in another uniform next year, but he has played fairly well lately

thoughts?

Move on, too much young talent needs to play

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Rene Bourque

thoughts?

While Borque hasn't been playing bad this year, I can't really see any scenario where he's back next year, even with a hefty pay cut.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Rene Bourque

thoughts?
I think they will use his money towards new deals for Jenner, Murray, Karlsson, and any other RFA's(Prout and Connauton) they want to keep. Cap is tight so they will need all the money/cap they can get. Also, if Rychel isn't traded, perhaps a roster spot for him?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I could see Bourque back at less than a million per. We're going to need a cheap veteran or two, unless you are damn sure Milano or Bjorkstrand are ready (i have my doubts).

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I could see Bourque back at less than a million per. We're going to need a cheap veteran or two, unless you are damn sure Milano or Bjorkstrand are ready (i have my doubts).

We better have a prospect or two ready by next year. We have enough veterans. We need TALENT.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Rene Bourque

thoughts?

1. I really hope not.
2. Hopefully nothing

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We better have a prospect or two ready by next year. We have enough veterans. We need TALENT.

Well, Milano has 11 pts, and Bjorkstrand 6. Points per game about .5 for both. It's going to be a while.

Anyways, I'll amend my old post - Rychel and Anderson, and possibly Chaput, can play. Forget Bourque.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Well, Milano has 11 pts, and Bjorkstrand 6. Points per game about .5 for both. It's going to be a while.

Anyways, I'll amend my old post - Rychel and Anderson, and possibly Chaput, can play. Forget Bourque.

I agree about Milano and Bjorkstrand, especially Sonny. Bjorkstrand missed a lot and has been warming up recently.

Rychel is another guy like we have lots of I see him as taking Bourque's spot next year. Anderson may have to wait another year unless they buyout Boll.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
if he could string some games with points together...i liked that line of him Karlsson and Calvert A LOT last night

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Unless we trade him, I think Rychel takes his spot. Only way Bourque comes back is if they buy out Boll.

Other than that there isn't any room for him or don't re-sign Karlsson or Jenner.:sarcasm:

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I think Bourque is gone. Anyone think he can be flipped at the TDL for a pick?

He's likely not worth much - maybe someone gives up a 6/7th. More than likely we flip him for another player at end of contract for a try out at end of year. Who knows maybe he starts playing well or someone is desperate for a 4th line forward.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If Bourque accepts a camp tryout then he could be back next year. Other than that, no chance. Too many guys in the AHL who can do what he does for cheaper.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
110814-fso-nhl-bluejackets-jameswisniewski.vadapt.620.high.55.jpg

Wiz, Wiz... I miss :cry: Blueliner for nothing

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I could see a good argument that our breakout is struggling without Wiz, who despite the glaring errors was still better at it than anyone.

But of course, part of the reason he was traded was because he can't stay healthy, including in our playoff series when he was a major liability due to broken ribs and whatever else. And he's been injured this whole year up until now.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I said way back when this trade happened that I would reserve judgment until Jarmo got a replacement. And while we still don't know where Jones will top out, I'm finally on board with the Wiz trade. Jarmo had to retain (via the Bourque acquisition) but managed to get good value back. He sold high on a piece that wasn't going to make it long term, and got a better replacement.

Still sad for Wiz. That guy bled union blue. He was our cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad