James Sheppard Appreciation

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Shep stat of the day:

Shep's assist the other night moved him into a tie with Robbie Earl, Todd Fedoruk, Jody Shelley, and 25 other guys for 570th place in the NHL scoring lead with 6 points. Look out Jared Boll, your 7 points and 554th place are in the crosshairs.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
We've all heard of the "Gordie Howe Hat-trick," a goal, an assist, and a fight.

Well, I propose the James Sheppard Hat-trick: no points, no shots, and a minus rating for the game.

James has 10 so far this season. Next best on the team I can find is Boogey with 9. The team average looks like 3 or so.

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
I bet Shep records a plus rating tonight against the Blackhawks, and I love the idea of a James Sheppard hat-trick.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
The James Sheppard Hat-Trick is a grand idea. I like it. Can just picture Greenlay saying it. On a side note, if Shep ever visited these boards and read this thread, he would most likely kill himself.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
The James Sheppard Hat-Trick is a grand idea. I like it. Can just picture Greenlay saying it. On a side note, if Shep ever visited these boards and read this thread, he would most likely kill himself.

Until he looked in his bank account and saw mine, and several others, season ticket holder money and laughs his ass off while he plays NHL '10 with himself as a 95 Rating, thereby being the best player in the game.

Last edited:

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
What happens to him next year? We can't send him down because I'm sure he'll get claimed, but does he have ANY trade value?

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
I guess it's just hard to give up on a guy drafted so high, but he was obviously rushed into the NHL.

I suppose if he is attempted to be sent down to Houston, and someone does claim him, it wouldn't be such a bad deal. I don't think many will claim him after this year, hopefully he can get down there, and play down there for a little while and maybe develop? I don't know if it's too late for him to turn into anything decent.

Having a mil of cap space would probably be more beneficial at this point.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
On a side note, if Shep ever visited these boards and read this thread, he would most likely kill himself.

I know for a fact he's seen these boards in the past (back when he was a junior). I don't know if he still visits though.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I think we're heading into "land of no return" territory - keep the laughing at a player killing himself at a minimum.

As I said. He gets $700K+ a year to push the pucks out of the net and towards the players during pregame warmups before he takes one and goes through Bruno's legs and then does a bunch of random dekes at center ice.

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
I really want to hold on to the hope that he can amount to something, but I think that's long over with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad