James Neal will score 40+ goals this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Funny since we won more playoff series in that stretch. Don't know why you need to make yourself look dumb by posting this lol.

Congrats...
What ridiculous bickering between two teams who haven't had success in terms of playoffs for a decade+.
AgonizingSkinnyAltiplanochinchillamouse-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: kook10

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Oilers 1st in league.

Flames in 13th.

Oilers obviously better.

Hey they can parade around the rink with that Cup you get for having the best record after 4 games.

Because if there is 1 thing we know about the league is that the standings do not change at all after 4 games.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Congrats...
What ridiculous bickering between two teams who haven't had success in terms of playoffs for a decade+.
AgonizingSkinnyAltiplanochinchillamouse-size_restricted.gif

Don't misunderstand Oilers fans. We know we have sucked worse than any other sports franchise in the world in the last decade.

We just think it's funny to point out how delusional Calgary is for thinking they have had any modicum of success themselves. Lol

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
I'm not splitting hairs I am asking a legit question and if that repeatedly getting swept in the first round BS was meant for the Flames it makes zero sense anyways.

And it still ignores the main point that getting swept in the first round is always better than being a bottom 5 team.

The last 2 playoff exits were 0 and 1 win first round exits as was already indicated. That's repeatedly. Oilers have actually won more playoff games in fewer berths.

"And it still ignores the main point" that lack of success for both franchises is essentially the same in recent years. Regardless how they finished.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
The last 2 playoff exits were 0 and 1 win first round exits as was already indicated. That's repeatedly. Oilers have actually won more playoff games in fewer berths.

"And it still ignores the main point" that lack of success for both franchises is essentially the same in recent years. Regardless how they finished.

Really? Because I guarantee you every sports fan in the world would rather have the Flames "same success" in recent years than the Oilers "same success". Including Oilers fans.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009

What an absurd and delusional statement. :laugh:

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
1) No you didn't.
2) Keep telling yourself missing the playoffs 12 out of 13 years is totally cool and better than making it regularly and not winning the cup. Playing meaningful games in March is such a drag man...
3 times over a 10 year stretch is "regularly"?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Well twice in a row, with one not even fitting the criteria is a pretty weak definition of repeatedly. So you can try and shoe horn repeatedly in there any way you want but the reality is repeatedly being swept is not true at all.

Its not really essentially the same. Maybe if you want to say the NHL is a zero sum game and unless you win the Cup you are equally as bad as everyone else but that really doesn't seem like the case at all. Going through a historically bad period, that is not just bad for the NHL but North American sports in general is much worse than just having a bad team.

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
Really? Because I guarantee you every sports fan in the world would rather have the Flames "same success" in recent years than the Oilers "same success". Including Oilers fans.

"Really? Because I guarantee you" multiple players having career years won't be replicated back to back years.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Don't misunderstand Oilers fans. We know we have sucked worse than any other sports franchise in the world in the last decade.

We just think it's funny to point out how delusional Calgary is for thinking they have had any modicum of success themselves. Lol

When are you going to start pointing it out because all I have seen so far is Oiler fans creating strawman arguments or replying with you aren't that great yourselves. I don't see any Flames fans talking about their great success.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
When are you going to start pointing it out because all I have seen so far is Oiler fans creating strawman arguments or replying with you aren't that great yourselves. I don't see any Flames fans talking about their great success.

Team A Fan: We suck we're horrible.
Team B Fan: Team A is horrible
Team A Fan: heeyyyyyy wait a second there buddy, *****YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad