James Elmer Benning will be on SN650 at 8:30am Today

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning 1 : Quinn had all the tests done this morning and we will know more shortly. This year gave him the chance to get stronger and play a ton of minutes. He did everything he needed to development wise so all in all it was a great season for him and we're happy he is here.

Reactions: bh53 and lindgren

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Our plan is to draft and develop. With that you don't know how young players will be until they're ready so, our signings have been to bring in guys for those young guys to help them become great NHLers.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Ryan Johnson and Trent Cull have done a great job and some players fall through the cracks. But, thats hockey and we are happy. People forget the AHL is a tough league. Kole Lind has taken big steps and I am happy with how they're working down there.

Reactions: lindgren

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Benning 5 : I know he is not happy (Loui Eriksson) with his goal production but, he has been extremely useful for us and helped a ton with our younger guys. He is one of our better penalty killers and a guy Travis trusts.
6 replies0 retweets2 likes
Reply 6

Retweet

Like 2

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Apparently they won't be going for any of the '12 million dollar contracts'. Aka, Karlsson/Panarin range.

So expect Myers, Gardiner, Ferland, etc

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Myers and Ferland sounded about right. $7 million per year for Myers and $5 million for Ferland

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yup, soft ball questions with zero follow up. Really lazy “journalism”.
I wouldn't even use 'journalism' and Sportsnet in the same sentence. They're all part of the Rogers conglomerate. So really all you can expect are puffball questions and high lobs.

As we wake up this morning, the Arizona Coyotes are in a playoff spot.....and they've had far more serious injuries than the Canucks. Among other things, missing their starting goaltender and top scorers.

But one of the things they have that we don't have, is an NHL defense.....and one of the key pieces is Jacob Chychrun, drafted 11 spots after Oli Juolevi in 2016.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Apparently they won't be going for any of the '12 million dollar contracts'. Aka, Karlsson/Panarin range.

So expect Myers, Gardiner, Ferland, etc

-I would love Ferland.
-Please no to Myers
-I’m undecided on Gardiner (leaning towards ‘no’).

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I wouldn't even use 'journalism' and Sportsnet in the same sentence. They're all part of the Rogers conglomerate. So really all you can expect are puffball questions and high lobs.

As we wake up this morning, the Arizona Coyotes are in a playoff spot.....and they've had far more serious injuries than the Canucks. Among other things, missing their starting goaltender and top scorers.

But one of the things they have that we don't have, is an NHL defense.....and one of the key pieces is Jacob Chychrun, drafted 11 spots after Oli Juolevi in 2016.

Wins and losses occur in drafts all the time. There are plenty of examples of where we picked players that turned out to be better than those elected before our pick.

To your last point - who did the Yotes draft in 2018?........and Quinn Hughes was there for the picking?

Arizona have been rebuilding far longer than we have. It’s expected that they will be further ahead in their developmental curve.

Be patient. Good things will happen. :cool:

Reactions: bcbill

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Free agency is going to be a disaster lol

Sounds like they will be active again but won't go after 11 million dollar players, the middle tier late 20s/early 30s ~50 point players almost never work out and immediately become albatrosses, that leaves the lower end cheaper guys, some of whom might be good targets but Benning's idea of finding value adds are the Beagles and Tim Schallers of the world. Could get ugly.

Last edited:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Wins and losses occur in drafts all the time. There are plenty of examples of where we picked players that turned out to be better than those elected before our pick.

To your last point - who did the Yotes draft in 2018?........and Quinn Hughes was there for the picking?

Arizona have been rebuilding far longer than we have. It’s expected that they will be further ahead in their developmental curve.

Be patient. Good things will happen. :cool:
Arizon has a value village budget. Imagine the quality of jockstraps in your collection if you were only allowed to spent a fraction that Aquaman has allowed Elmer. It's the difference between getting a Troy Gamble one and a Kirk MacLean one.

Reactions: MisfortuneCookie

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Ferland is barely able to play full hockey games right now. He is brittle and ridiculously injury prone. You know this is a player that lacks the IQ to adapt. Ferland will be useless without the physical element.

Myers sucks and is being exposed as a shitty Dman in Winnipeg. Slow and lacks any skill. Gudbranson clone.

You just know these two will be paid and on the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad