Player Discussion James “The Real Deal” Neal a Flame! 5 years, 28.75 million.

Meowmix

Apr 10, 2015
the Netherlands
Say what you will, BT did everything fans wanted within reason this offseason. Big splashy trades in the positions we needed help, young talent added, didn't sell the farm or more future picks. I'm a believer on Neal adding a -load- to our current team :)

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
LOVE this signing. Getting a Top 6 player, for FREE(just cap space), under 6M under 6 yrs for free agency is actually really good.
but most importantly, this signing gives us OPTIONS! something this team has been sorely lacking since.... IDK when.

we could do:
JG-Money-Neal
Chucky-Backs-Lindy
Bennett-Janks-Fro
x-Ryan-Brouwer

OR

JG-Money-Linholm
Chucky-Backs-Neal
same bottom 6

or, in a perfect world:

JG-Money-Neal
Bennett-Lindholm-Chucky
Fro-Backs-Ryan
x-Janks-Brouwer

We have a lot of potential combos. it's exciting

Reactions: Janks

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Man, and we needed goals in the worst way. I'm thrilled. This is pretty cheap too, for a free agent contract of a guy who's had the career he did.

Reactions: Milojica

Vordus

May 9, 2014
Calgary
Nice!!

For a guy like Neal that contact's almost a steal.

One of the only VGK guys I saw crying when they lost the finals. The guy really wants to win.

Reactions: Cyrano

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I mean, he always says that, and then signs Tanner Glass and Nik Grossmann and hands them roster spots after they get thoroughly outplayed in camp.
Tanner Glass was clearly one of our best players in camp last year. And Grossmann was to maximize LTIR benefit. As usual you're just making shit up

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
lol

lmao.

tapping in backdoor Dube dimes and hitting a bunch of tryout players like mid-April = one of our best players

I love you. the cluelessness is precious
The irony of you calling anyone clueless

Don't you have some stupid things to make up that embarrasses our entire fanbase?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The irony of you calling anyone clueless

Don't you have some stupid things to make up that embarrasses our entire fanbase?

Like:

- Troy Brouwer was a great signing
- Tanner Glass was 0ne of the best Flames in preseason because he scored some tap-in goals playing beside a Dube on a mission
- Brett Kulak is less likely to make the NHL than Tyler Wotherspoon and Ryan Culkin
- Michael Stone is a top 4 defenseman
- The Flames Should Waive Paul Byron
- Ferland is guarunteed to fall off the sobriety wagon
- Signing Nik Grossman was justified because of some unnecessary LTIR situation

Oh wait, those are all claims you've made. Your love of plugs and hatred of skill is just adorable. I ought to go through your posting history because it's comic gold.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Like:

- Tanner Glass was 0ne of the best Flames in preseason because he scored some tap-in goals playing beside a Dube on a mission
- Brett Kulak is less likely to make the NHL than Tyler Wotherspoon and Ryan Culkin

Oh wait, those are all claims you've made. Your love of plugs and hatred of skill is just adorable. I ought to go through your posting history because it's comic gold.
There is a difference between being wrong about things and blatantly making shit up like "winger goals" and "fake gwg". Unlike you, I don't need to invent new things to try and prove my point

Also if you are going to say that I said things, don't f***ing lie about them. I never once said Ferland was guaranteed to start drinking again. The fact you'd even lie about that is absolutely f***ing pathetic. But what do we expect from some one who will suggest a player is autistic because he has run out of stupid shit to say

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Like:

Out of all the posters on this board, do YOU really wanna get into a stupid shit someone has said fight? You are literally a meme on the main boards.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Also if you are going to say that I said things, don't ****ing lie about them. I never once said Ferland was guaranteed to start drinking again. The fact you'd even lie about that is absolutely ****ing pathetic.

Sorry, you're right, you never said that verbatim. You just strongly implied it:

-> a year into his sobriety you said this:

"His temper and his addiction issues are reasons why you should never sign him long term. "

My bad. I didn't remember what you said verbatim.

As if that isn't equally a brutal, classless thing to say.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Sorry, you're right, you never said that verbatim. You just strongly implied it:

-> a year into his sobriety you said this:

"His temper and his addiction issues are reasons why you should never sign him long term. "

My bad. I didn't remember what you said verbatim.
Yes, I did say that because statistically speaking, relapses are extremely common. It's unfortunately the way life is, it'd be like committing long term to a player with concussion issues.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Yes, I did say that because statistically speaking, relapses are extremely common. It's unfortunately the way life is, it'd be like committing long term to a player with concussion issues.

With yah... my employer has pretty strict rules when it comes to alcoholism designed to keep people accountable. Expectation is added to their contact requiring monthly piss tests and random ones thrown in a few times a year. You fail one and you’re on your way out the door. It’s no different. It’s called managing risk.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Coming from an Oilers fan - that guy is dreaming. This is a fantastic free agent signing for you guys. You knocked it out of the park. :) You all must be stoked. Congrats!
I don't think I have ever seen so much positivity about this team on here before

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad