Player Discussion James “The Real Deal” Neal a Flame! 5 years, 28.75 million.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
The missed open net hurt my soul, but I would agree that he has been better than Brouwer. Brouwer never looked like he was 90% of the way to production. There is just some hoodoo voodoo witchcraft that has been cast on Neal's stick.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
There is just some hoodoo voodoo witchcraft that has been cast on Neal's stick.
Well, you know what this means.

jobu1.jpg

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
The missed open net hurt my soul, but I would agree that he has been better than Brouwer. Brouwer never looked like he was 90% of the way to production. There is just some hoodoo voodoo witchcraft that has been cast on Neal's stick.
Yeah, yeah.. whatever

Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Yes and now Chucky's play isn't as strong. Maybe one day Janko will show some play-making ability, but right now he isn't feeding his wingers. The Flames need to find a way to get Neal going without crimping someone else.

Tkachuk-Backlund-Neal

Try that out, and put the 3M line together if it doesn't work.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Or Bennett/Czarnik/Neal.

Czarnik hasn't been given a shot at centre with the Flames. He is a natural C and playmaker. Maybe he's the guy that can unlock Neal. I don't think Ryan can. I'm not sure Backlund can, he's more of a shutdown guy that will give you 45-50 points. Maybe Benny at C can.

As much as I'll sing Peters' praises, he's locked in to who plays centre and he's a huge Ryan fan. Me? Not so much.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Or Bennett/Czarnik/Neal.

Czarnik hasn't been given a shot at centre with the Flames. He is a natural C and playmaker. Maybe he's the guy that can unlock Neal. I don't think Ryan can. I'm not sure Backlund can, he's more of a shutdown guy that will give you 45-50 points. Maybe Benny at C can.

As much as I'll sing Peters' praises, he's locked in to who plays centre and he's a huge Ryan fan. Me? Not so much.

If I had Peters' email address I would send him a 15000 word essay on why Sam Bennett should be playing center and why this would make us the best team in the NHL, not just in terms of record but in terms of carrying the play too. With a letter of transmittal and a references section, IEEE citations.

I do not, though.

Aug 3, 2010
If I had Peters' email address I would send him a 15000 word essay on why Sam Bennett should be playing center and why this would make us the best team in the NHL, not just in terms of record but in terms of carrying the play too. With a letter of transmittal and a references section, IEEE citations.

I do not, though.
A perfect example of why quantity =/= quality.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

I do not, though.

Want Ken Kings?

Reactions: Janks

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

I do not, though.

That letter is 3 yrs too late....Bennett has now debunked that theory beyond a shadow of a doubt

He can still help the Flames to be the best team in the NHL by being the best middle/bottom 6 player though.

Last edited:

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011

I do not, though.
[email protected]... I think :dunno:

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019
Next year he'll be more like his old self. It takes time for players to adjust to new cities, new teams, new style of play. Remember Hamonic last year? He wasn't as good as he is this year. I see Neal scoring again and being much better next season.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Next year he'll be more like his old self. It takes time for players to adjust to new cities, new teams, new style of play. Remember Hamonic last year? He wasn't as good as he is this year. I see Neal scoring again and being much better next season.
FArtboard-1.png

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Neal's quietly turning a lost season into an okay one.
He's not worth the contract as of today, but if he keeps up this play for the next 25 games + playoffs, he'll be worth every penny.

I personally think he's been one of Calgary's best forwards from the past 6-7 games TBH.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
There was talk on the main boards that he hurt his hand or wrist last year and his goal scoring faded after that.

I wonder if he just needs an offseason surgery

Khrox

May 31, 2018
He has (from what I heard) 7 points in his last 10 games. That would make him one of the hottest players on the Flames in that stretch.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He’s been great lately. I still think the stick is bugging him a little but he’s close. And I can’t think of anyone on the team who gets robbed more

Reactions: CamPopplestone

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
There has only been one curiosity in my mind with this prolonged slump and it is why Neal has not been moved to the left side and Czarnik on the right side. Neal has played entire seasons at left wing and maybe he just needs a different perspective for a bit.

Move Bennett up to the second line. Keep Frolik as the 4th line LW and insert Czarnik in for a couple games on the right side of Janowski and Neal... Really at this point what is there to lose. Well provided Neal isn't injured too badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad