Player Discussion James “The Real Deal” Neal a Flame! 5 years, 28.75 million.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I thought it was uncalled for when Francis said that Neal's goalscoring troubles were due to a bad attitude. Made him out to be some selfish guy that doesn't wanna be here and didn't really care

If you look at the response from his teammates after the goal, anyone would've seen that Francis' comments were out of line... again

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I thought it was uncalled for when Francis said that Neal's goalscoring troubles were due to a bad attitude. Made him out to be some selfish guy that doesn't wanna be here and didn't really care

If you look at the response from his teammates after the goal, anyone would've seen that Francis' comments were out of line... again

Francis is a hack and always has been. He has no clue what goes on in the dressing room. He also made very inappropriate comments about Brodie a couple of seasons ago about his effort. Brodie was going through a lot of personal stuff with his wife, several members on this board called him out over Twitter and he blocked us for it.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
DvzjWp6W0AA8WbQ.jpg

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The equipment guy in the background looks like he lost a bet or something.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
If you would have told me in August that 40 games in Neal would have 8 points and we'd still be way out in front in the Pacific I'd tell you..

Why the f*** did we sign James Neal for 5 years and why does the gm sign a land mine every free agency. We could of bought a new stadium by now without this bullshit

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
If you would have told me in August that 40 games in Neal would have 8 points and we'd still be way out in front in the Pacific I'd tell you..

Why the **** did we sign James Neal for 5 years and why does the gm sign a land mine every free agency. We could of bought a new stadium by now without this bull****
Calm down mate. U will see in the playoffs why we need Neal.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Kind of ironic for a sniper. All those shots on net with his stick that missed or were blocked... nada.
When he finally gets a goal its off his boot. LOL.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Francis is a hack and always has been. He has no clue what goes on in the dressing room. He also made very inappropriate comments about Brodie a couple of seasons ago about his effort. Brodie was going through a lot of personal stuff with his wife, several members on this board called him out over Twitter and he blocked us for it.

One of the sole drawbacks of living out a childhood dream of being an NHL scribe is that you watch games objectively, losing the ability to see things through the eyes of a fan. You don’t cheer. You simply chronicle and opine.

From the Article Why I loved the Hartford Whalers growing up and still do today - Sportsnet.ca

Francis's statement says everything you need to know about the man in that he thinks his views should be valued more because he is "unbiased" and that he is better than the masses, the players, and even management because of this. Francis is a ho in that he will publish anything no matter the truthfulness of the statement or not. The man has no morals, or ties to the franchise and therefore is willing to peddle lies to make himself feel important. The worst thing he has to do is print a retraction and in Francis' eyes that is as good as a win because the bad PR is attention and that is the only thing he desires in life.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Yeah the fact that we never seem him interview players makes me wonder if the team has him on some unsaid blacklist cause of all the crap he says about everyone.

Yeah his teammates sure hate him.

Yeah. Bad attitude.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
One of the sole drawbacks of living out a childhood dream of being an NHL scribe is that you watch games objectively, losing the ability to see things through the eyes of a fan. You don’t cheer. You simply chronicle and opine.

From the Article Why I loved the Hartford Whalers growing up and still do today - Sportsnet.ca

Francis's statement says everything you need to know about the man in that he thinks his views should be valued more because he is "unbiased" and that he is better than the masses, the players, and even management because of this. Francis is a ho in that he will publish anything no matter the truthfulness of the statement or not. The man has no morals, or ties to the franchise and therefore is willing to peddle lies to make himself feel important. The worst thing he has to do is print a retraction and in Francis' eyes that is as good as a win because the bad PR is attention and that is the only thing he desires in life.

I agree with all of what you said. This is somewhat unrelated, but several years ago I was at a Flames game. Millions and Francis were on air during the intermission, I hollered at him (drunkly I might add) “Hey Franchise”. You should have seen the smirk on his face, he loved it. The man has such an ego and I agree, he loves hearing himself talk and he thinks he is so much smarter than everyone else.

I’m also glad Millions is gone, I’ll never forget how he treated Cammy before he was traded. I also think the players never respected him. Leslie is the man and all class. I really like him, a lot. I wish Cory Sarich got more into broadcasting, he’s super insightful and well spoken.

Reactions: Gettin Iggy With It

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Hardly a soap box to stand on. If your "vision" would have been used half the players making the team successful this season would not be here now and we would be battling Edmonton for the Tire Fire Cup.
Actually been consistent in critisicing 2 players only- Neal and Smith. If you can pinpoint others- you are welcome.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Neal, Bennett and jank should be a good line

Bennett and jank should step up and take a top 6 spot. Neal can help with that.

I give it a 25% chance of success but the chance is there

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Neal looked half-decent against the Canucks. Had some good give and goes with Bennett...if only those two became a good line...

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Neal might be a bit pricy atm compared to what he brings (and goals), but you guys, at least as far as me realizing, don't have a lot of guys at crazy contracts. You will be fine.

Laminator

May 25, 2014
I can't believe James Neals stats this year, I picked him late in my office pool and I thought I got an absolute steal. So far he has only gotten me 8 points. Is he playing that bad? I live in Ottawa so I don't watch too many late games.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I can't believe James Neals stats this year, I picked him late in my office pool and I thought I got an absolute steal. So far he has only gotten me 8 points. Is he playing that bad? I live in Ottawa so I don't watch too many late games.

His shooting percentage is a fraction of what it normally is.
It's actually obscene. You take his current shooting percentage, bring it up to where it normally is, and he'd be on pace for that 20-22 goal mark that was expected :laugh:

His play isn't bad even. He's generating shots, chances and helping generate play; it's just not coming together for some reason. Within the past few games:

He's hit a post.
He's missed the net on a 2 on 0
He's had 3-4 one-timers dead centre of the ice in front of the goalie and managed to get stopped on each one.
Missed a backhand rebound which in a normal year would have either been in, or had the goalie actually have to do something, his went wellll over the net.

Something will have to click for this guy. He's not 'done'. Like it's not like watching Troy Brouwer out there doing nothing and only getting chances against.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
His shooting percentage is a fraction of what it normally is.
It's actually obscene. You take his current shooting percentage, bring it up to where it normally is, and he'd be on pace for that 20-22 goal mark that was expected :laugh:

His play isn't bad even. He's generating shots, chances and helping generate play; it's just not coming together for some reason. Within the past few games:

He's hit a post.
He's missed the net on a 2 on 0
He's had 3-4 one-timers dead centre of the ice in front of the goalie and managed to get stopped on each one.
Missed a backhand rebound which in a normal year would have either been in, or had the goalie actually have to do something, his went wellll over the net.

Something will have to click for this guy. He's not 'done'. Like it's not like watching Troy Brouwer out there doing nothing and only getting chances against.

He had a grade A shot on that partial break last night but that Delia kid stoned him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad