Player Discussion Jakub Zboril

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Look two unforced giveaways...

But overall he has been an upgrade to Reilly these days

He almost took Anderson head off lol. You need this kind of physicality to make opposing forwards think twice

Good at quick spins/elusively entering offensive zone to create chances

Reactions: HustleB

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
BA2321-BF-4-B74-4866-9-B2-C-6-BA1261-AA831.gif

Him and Clifton are a scary pairing.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
There you go again with cut and paste lol

But yeah... that was one of the unforced error. Good nothing happened. Cassidy head would have exploded

Here’s some more cut and paste.

B67-E70-F2-FEBC-4-D04-9670-5-AE7473-F1-FC4.gif

I’m all for physicality but not if its taking yourself completely out of position.

If Zboril stays in I think he needs to be more sheltered, Clifton and him as a pairing brings far too many unforced errors.

Reactions: HustleB

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

I’m all for physicality but not if its taking yourself completely out of position.

If Zboril stays in I think he needs to be more sheltered, Clifton and him as a pairing brings far too many unforced errors.

Too critical?

He was aggressive tonight. The whole team was.

If he connected on that hit... would have been crazy. Mac also missed a check.... Josh plays with his head up

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Too critical?

He was aggressive tonight. The whole team was.

If he connected on that hit... would have been crazy. Mac also missed a check.... Josh plays with his head up
He needs to pick his spots better, Mac is better with picking his spots and has the ability to recover if/when he takes himself out of the play.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I say tally up the good vs bad

and good was a higher total....for last two games

I welcome his added strength and eagerness to play physical. Unlike a different D like Reilly
Last two games for sure, he was excellent last game, took a little step back this game. He’s always had difficulty with decision making.

Yeah the defense has looked better with Reilly out I’d say, not a ton better but better. But I’m sure the cap hit will draw him back in.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Last two games for sure, he was excellent last game, took a little step back this game. He’s always had difficulty with decision making.

Yeah the defense has looked better with Reilly out I’d say, not a ton better but better. But I’m sure the cap hit will draw him back in.
Call me crazy keep zboril and sit down cliffy. Zboril provides some scoring spark and I think hes defensive play is impoving. Play him full time.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

cap hit?

Isn't Zboril on a one way deal? Or if waived ..can be placed on waivers?

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Clifton has been mediocre. He can sit.

Grzelcyk — McAvoy
Forbort — Carlo
Reilly — Zboril

Zboril-Mcavoy pairing was interesting tonight. They were only together for 3:15 but their adv. stats were real good in that time, maybe try it more. Mcavoy can make up for his poor decision making, and more physically capable than Grz.

May limit Mcavoy a bit but I think it could be worth some more looks. Opens up some possibilities of more balanced pairings.

Zboril Mac
Grz Carlo
Forbort Clifton

Reilly and that contract puts them in a bit of a bind. Forbes is looking manageable.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

It’s a perfect learning spot - Jaffee Pederson & Brickley all covered it very well

Reactions: The National

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I remember that getting out of position to try to make a big hit was one of Zboril's major criticism's even in junior. It's been an issue with him for a long time. All the tools, but the toolbox is occasionally lacking.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Love seeing it though…. If he connects, that’s a huge hit. It keeps you honest coming across the blue line too as the opponent.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
well... thats on Sweeney

Cassidy sat out Reilly tonight (b2b) ... and I hope he does the same for next game

Probably not...but I hate the "vet" "salary" game. Instead of playing the correct roster to help the team win

Without question, It really handicaps your team if you have to play the players based on Salary especially given some of the contracts Sweeney has handed out to incoming Free-agents over the years.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
feel like this one was on Cliffy, literally standing still, this fan would suspect he`d of been on the move forward to take that pass

That's how I read it as well the two just weren't on the same page there, but I think it all boils down to chemistry and giving them time together, where eventually they will become more acquainted with one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot