Prospect Info: Jakub Dobes (2020 - 136th, USHL- Omaha Lancers)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
It's looking like Dobes could be our future starter and perhaps Laval's starter as soon as next year.

Could we get a Dobes/Dichow tandem next year in Laval? That would be fun as heck

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's looking like Dobes could be our future starter and perhaps Laval's starter as soon as next year.

Could we get a Dobes/Dichow tandem next year in Laval? That would be fun as heck
Probably not two rookies but i agree, Dobes (said Dobesh) is looking mighty fine!!

I’m more optimistic about him then Primeau

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#BigMan #DubDobes #TakeNotesHutson

1666893997718.png

Reactions: Wats

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
put Dobes on Quinnipiac and I could see him being better then Perets, I could see him being a finalist.

Oh yeah I know it's a score effect for Perets. Dobes I think is the 2nd best goalie in the NCAA behind Levi. Ohio State just sucks defensively although they aren't as bad as last year and somehow Dobes' save percentage is worse. I think he might prefer the higher workload.

Jul 6, 2016
Perets should deserve a look. An undrafted goalie, Montreal kid. Maybe a bit short for the actual NHL standards. But Levi is short too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Probably not two rookies but i agree, Dobes (said Dobesh) is looking mighty fine!!

I’m more optimistic about him then Primeau

Honest question: What makes Dobes's NCAA performance better than Primeau? And this is not a preloaded question. I remember Primeau performing well in the NCAA. What eye test tells us Dobes has higher potential?

Can someone who knows both their performance in the NCAA well explain it with good context? Not the gullible context. The context that separates their value pre NHL?

Primeau:
* 70 NCAA games
* 2.00 GAA
* .932 Sv%
* 5 U20 WJC games (1.61 GAA and .936 Sv%)

Dobes:
* 65 NCAA games
* 2.24 GAA
* .928 Sv%
* No U20 WJC to compare too. Not fair but worth mentioning.

Last edited:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Honest question: What makes Dobes's NCAA performance better than Primeau? And this is not a preloaded question. I remember Primeau performing well in the NCAA. What eye test tells us Dobes has higher potential?

Can someone who knows both their performance in the NCAA well explain it with good context? Not the gullible context. The context that separates their value pre NHL?

Primeau:
* 70 NCAA games
* 2.00 GAA
* .932 Sv%

Dobes:
* 65 NCAA games
* 2.24 GAA
* .928 Sv%

Northeastern is a lot better than Ohio State is as a hockey program seems silly to stat watch.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Northeastern is a lot better than Ohio State is as a hockey program seems silly to stat watch.

Spare me with the silly choice of words. I was asking for context and eye test evaluation and posted the stats as a starting point. The narrative of my question was clearly presented. It's not just a stat watch.

So are you saying because Northeastern was/is a lot better than Ohio State, Dobes is going to be for sure better when he enters the AHL/NHL? What weighted factor would you put on the hockey programs?

Is there any other context? I'm sure it's deeper than just the hockey programs?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Spare me with the silly choice of words. I was asking for context and eye test evaluation and posted the stats as a starting point. The narrative of my question was clearly presented. It's not just a stat watch.

So are you saying because Northeastern was (not is) a lot better than Ohio State, Dobes is going to be for sure better when he enters the AHL/NHL?

Is there any other context?

Montreal posts plenty of great videos of Dobes playing you can see from those videos what his game is I don't think comparing him to Primeau is meaningful unless it's to try and draw attention to something specific or to ask a leading question.

Reactions: bopeep

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022

Primeau:
* 70 NCAA games
* 2.00 GAA
* .932 Sv%

Dobes:
* 65 NCAA games
* 2.24 GAA
* .928 Sv%
Not really a true answer to your question but goalies feel impossible to predict. I don't really care for their stats much. Too much variety and not always the best way to judge a goalie.

I like the eye test more than anything. I always watch for their positioning, movement, quickness, athleticism, confidence/swagger & how well they read the play/track the puck. Usually a good combo of all of the above will translate well to NHL.

Primeau reminds me of fucale. Nothing special and at best you're looking at a backup position. They got a really shaky vibe too. Not good lol.

Dobes looks much better and solid from what I can see. Looks very calm in the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad