Prospect Info: Jakub Dobes (2020 - 136th, USHL- Omaha Lancers)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
some posters won't like that he played in the USHS. With Dichow last year I didn't think they would pick a goalie but I don't know what they have in Dichow so a future NCAAer gives us up to 5 years, though this means he's eligible for the loophole in 4 years if he wants.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He'll be in the same conference as Caufield, Pitlick, Gorniak. Ohio State has been one of the best teams in the Big 10 these past 4 years, their coach has been doing a really good job lately going 87-44-21

they have a really good undrafted FA goalie in Tommy Nappier who opted to return for his Senior year so unless they have a incoming transfer for next season, Dobes should have a very good shot at getting ice time in '21 after Nappier is gone.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Really want to see some of him.. he's got the size, so let's see if he has the eyes and the athleticism.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Timmins-PressConference(20/10/07)-Dobes
“He's a Czech goalie. He's spent the last couple of years in the St. Louis area, so he's committed to playing pro over here...”
“He played for the Czech Republic at the World Junior A challenge, national team and he started the year in the North American Hockey League for Topeka. And ended up getting called up and playing for Omaha the rest of the season in the USHL.”
“He's off to Ohio State University... Vinnie Riendeau [Canadiens amateur scout] tracked him quite a bit this year; he likes the upside there. We've time with him; he's going to the NCAA.”

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'm of the mindset you only draft a goalie if they're 6'3- 6'5 and if they have skill. 6'2 is a bit of the grey area, maybe 6'1, but 6'0 and under is waste of a pick now.

I like this "unknown" pick. Hopefully he'll be at the world jrs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm blocked and obviously not subscribing to give the cyber bully money - anything at all, of interest?

He says that he is athletic, has a good glove hand, and one of his qualities is his stick handling. But one of his flaws is that he is flighty (as a scout told McCagg), meaning he needs to work on focusing a bit more and not wander off and lose positioning.

And he doesn't mean not focused and wander off in the sense that if a butterfly flies by, he is mesmerized by the butterfly. Meaning more like he tries to do a bit more than he needs to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->