Player Discussion Jakob Silfverberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Silfver seems to be the odd man out, what would he be worth at this point, unsigned.

Mid second round pick 2015?

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Silfver seems to be the odd man out, what would he be worth at this point, unsigned.

In terms of trade value, yeah a 2nd round pick sounds about right. But that's only if he's included as part of a package for something they specifically need or they decide they have to move him.

I don't think they're unhappy with him so it would take more if you wanted to trade for him to entice the team to move him.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014

Odd man out because he isn't signed yet? Or because he doesn't fit in the lineup? He'll get signed soon, KP wasn't signed until about this time last summer (July 26th), I'll bet Silf is signed any day now.

Bruce already talked about using Silfver and Cogs on the 2nd line with Kesler, they have a role for him planned. He also has the little added insurance of being a big part of the fan favorite Bobby Ryan trade. I don't think Murray moves Silf unless he absolutely has to.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Odd man out because he isn't signed yet? Or because he doesn't fit in the lineup? He'll get signed soon, KP wasn't signed until about this time last summer (July 26th), I'll bet Silf is signed any day now.

Bruce already talked about using Silfver and Cogs on the 2nd line with Kesler, they have a role for him planned. He also has the little added insurance of being a big part of the fan favorite Bobby Ryan trade. I don't think Murray moves Silf unless he absolutely has to.

Silf has a hard money/term to lock down.

If he is seeing top 6 minutes with Kesler and ??? He could have a very productive season. Im sure Silf's camp is being offered like a 4 year 10 mil deal that they would rather see as 3 years 9 mil.

Then ducks come back 3 years 7 mil. And Silfs camp offers 2yr 6 mil or 3 yr 8.5 mil.

If I had to guess.... 2x5 or 3x7 sound about right if Silfs camp is pushing for payday.

I bet they settle 2x5, thinking 2.5 is fair, but dont want the 4 year term because of Silfs potential to have 1 good year out of those 2 and cash that in.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
It just seems that he hasn't found his game/role in Anaheim, opposed to Ottawa and before that in Brynas.

Perhaps his game just doest mech with Anaheim's, if you want to bring out 100% of his talent/ability that is?

He's looked so timid and scared to take initiative in Anaheim, but perhaps the coaching staff are trying to mould him in a specific way that will benefit him in the future, what do I know :)

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It just seems that he hasn't found his game/role in Anaheim, opposed to Ottawa and before that in Brynas.

Perhaps his game just doest mech with Anaheim's, if you want to bring out 100% of his talent/ability that is?

He's looked so timid and scared to take initiative in Anaheim, but perhaps the coaching staff are trying to mould him in a specific way that will benefit him in the future, what do I know :)

He had only played a few games before breaking his hand and missing months. New city, new coach, new system, lots of missed time, and recovering from an injury. He had lots of good reasons to look bad, which he did until later in the playoffs.

Way too early to decide that he doesn't mesh well.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
It would be incredibly shortsighted and stupid to give up on Silfverberg after one year and dump him for a second round pick. If he returns to what he was before the wrist injury, which is very much possible, he's easily a top six forward.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I thought he was very promising before the wrist injury. Even after, he was responsible defensively, and still good enough to provide some secondary scoring, which we hope will improve this season as he gets older. He also showed that he is versatile when he played a few games at center, and looked good while doing it. I hope that he can find his game and find some time on a line with Getz and Perry, because that could give Getz two deadly options to pass the puck to that can score. Obviously he needs to find his game for that, but I wouldn't give up on the possibility that he can actually do that.

Puckerz

Jun 7, 2013

I haven't even heard his name mentioned re negotiations ongoing, assume they are but it seems everyone and their uncle has been mentioned somewhere as in discussions? (Haven't read Duck blogs, but I read a lot in many places)

What is the latest info? Close? Far apart?

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I haven't even heard his name mentioned re negotiations ongoing, assume they are but it seems everyone and their uncle has been mentioned somewhere as in discussions? (Haven't read Duck blogs, but I read a lot in many places)

What is the latest info? Close? Far apart?

We almost never hear anything about negotiations. Usually the first thing we hear about them is when they're done, like with Vatanen, and I expect it to be no different this time. :)

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
My guess is he or his agent think he's worth more than he deserves or trying to get him a pay for potential type contract. This could go on for a while. He'll get sogned eventually but I can't see the Ducks giving him too much north of 2 M per year.

Besides, since when do we ever hear anything about Ducks RFA negotiations? All we have is Eric Stephens who hardly knows more than we do and speculates far less than we do.

Puckerz

Jun 7, 2013
We almost never hear anything about negotiations. Usually the first thing we hear about them is when they're done, like with Vatanen, and I expect it to be no different this time. :)

Not long after posting I had the thought: wait a minute, aren't the Ducks one of those super quiet teams? Murray def keeps things in house it appears ... cheers.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't think he's worth much more than Palmieri maybe 1.6 is the max i would go on a 3 yr deal

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Silf: 0.44 ppg, 100 GP total, RFA, ?

Maroon: 0.47 ppg, 77 GP, UFA, 3 x 2 M
Palmieri: 0.50 ppg, 70 GP, RFA, 3 x 1.5 M
Beleskey: 0.31 ppg, 209 GP, RFA, 2 x 1.4 M
Vatanen: 0.44 ppg as a D, 56 GP, RFA, 2 x 1.3 M

I think maybe 1.8?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Devo isn`t signed yet too. So they will both be traded for mid round picks? :laugh:

Maybe if some team takes them both we can get a 1st rounder :sarcasm:

Maybe the Ducks are negotiating terms with both. I`m not worried yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad