Player Discussion Jakob Silfverberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id keep him, I like the way he plays has a good 2way game, I think when selanne/koivu leave, hell get a bigger role with the team. I just feel he hasn't found his spot yet and Id say that with a lot of our players because of the lines switching and the players being in and out of the line up I think its been hard for our younger players to find their spots/chemistry in the line up. Id like to see us have a set line up for the last 6-10 games of the season and let us get some chemistry, maybe something like
Getz Perry selanne
Perrault Palmieri Maroon
Koivu Cogliano Silfverberg
Bonino Winnick belesky/etem(depending on what kind of team we draw in first round)

I think silf would be awesome on that 3rd line, hes good defensivly and should be able to burry a lot of chances winnick normally wouldn't.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I have to say, this fan base is really "nice" compared to a lot of the others on these boards:)
Well, we're a relatively small base, and things are going pretty great for us. If things weren't pretty nice around here these days, that would make me fear for the bad times. :)

Maybe not the word itself but the implication of it definitely, especially on the trade forum. Anytime Silfverberg's name was brought up, and for significant players too, a lot of Ducks fans expressed he wasn't a possibility to be moved.
Hmm, I can't really remember that, to be honest, which doesn't mean you're wrong. Maybe to start the year when he was just so recently the key piece of a big trade. But over the past few months, most notably Kesler, he's been right there in a category with Palmieri/Etem especially in most posts.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
"Slow" is not a word I would use to describe Silfverberg.

I actually think he has a pretty quick first step. He isn't Cogs but he isn't slow at all. His shot is his strength and I hope he uses it more.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
"Slow" is not a word I would use to describe Silfverberg.

I actually think he has a pretty quick first step. He isn't Cogs but he isn't slow at all. His shot is his strength and I hope he uses it more.

He seems to have good acceleration, his top speed isn't amazing but I think hes a smart skater. And yes his shot is beautiful and hopefully he gets it off more and finds the holes in the defense to just sit and fire away.

Ducksgo*

Still critiquing Silf. Sure he scored last night which was cool but scoring 2 goals in 20+ games speaks for itself. His numbers suck ever since his injury. All you forum members can believe what you want. When it comes to training camp next season you will see a whole new roster change, and trades hopefully. I will keep it light and simple

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Still critiquing Silf. Sure he scored last night which was cool but scoring 2 goals in 20+ games speaks for itself. His numbers suck ever since his injury. All you forum members can believe what you want. When it comes to training camp next season you will see a whole new roster change, and trades hopefully. I will keep it light and simple

Most players are streaky. Etem only scored 3 goals in 38 games his first pro year.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

If Etem only scored 2 in 20 you would be saying it was someone elses fault and "dont doubt Cali power" or some ****.

Anyone who watched the games saw how dangerous he was out of the Olympic break.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Silfverberg has looked real dangerous these last couple of games. He could easily have 4 or 5 goals over the past 4 or 5 so games, he is just snake bitten right now.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Silf does a lot of good things. Positionally and effort... they are there. What more could you want?

Yeah, throw 5-10 more goals on his statline and theres no reason to have a conversation. And as people have said... his injury... his linemates... theres a lot of excuses for him. The guy has gotten chances. Maybe some confidence. Maybe some consistant linemates producing as well.

I think his goal scoring will only go up up up up. He is just too smart positionally to not become a solid 20-25 goal guy. And that will come without being a liability.

He is part of MY future with the ducks :)

I guess i deal him if we are getting a top tier center though...

Ducksgo*

Most players are streaky. Etem only scored 3 goals in 38 games his first pro year.

Very true. And valid point. We only have two call ups remaining if I'm correct? The team is relying heavily on Silf to get out of this snake bitten slump as most of you call it while we continue down the stretch.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Very true. And valid point. We only have two call ups remaining if I'm correct? The team is relying heavily on Silf to get out of this snake bitten slump as most of you call it while we continue down the stretch.

I think once we're in the playoffs we can call up whoever we want but IIRC we can only call up two other guys from now to the end of the regular season except in emergency situations.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

I guarantee we will not see a "whole new roster change" as the core of this team is very good. There will be some tweaks, such as replacing a few older players. I expect Murray to try to see if he can nab Kesler, or a 2nd line center. We'll also make a few tweaks on the blue line. Beyond that, there is no reason to make big changes to this team.

Anaheim isn't, and shouldn't, look to trade Silfverberg(which is what you seem to be suggesting). He was a major piece of the Ryan trade, and his season was derailed a bit by an injury to his wrist.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Imagine this guy on a line with Kesler. :amazed:

Yeah,
kesler-dive.jpg

:laugh:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He should be the main trade bait for Kesler he has no real role on this team
Id prefer he gets traded before Etem or Palmeiri

You mean being defensively sound, setting other players up, getting SOG's up and play on the PK as well as the PP? Huh. His wrist shot was amazingly accurate before the wrist injury. Everything else is all good, but that accuracy. This is the guy that gets those shoot out goals against very good netminders. He did that early in the year. It's after that injury that you can tell he's slightly missing his shot. But he's getting some dirty goals and deking goals. Just odd to be nagging on a player doing everything else well, but scoring. Yes, his scoring was part of the selling point, but it was his two way play that was talked about more by Bob.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He should be the main trade bait for Kesler he has no real role on this team
Id prefer he gets traded before Etem or Palmeiri
Normally you and I are on the same page but I can't agree with this. Silfverberg projects as a defensive winger with 25-30 goal potential, there's a role for that kind of player on every team. Obviously he's not that right now, but you have to allow for some development and recovery from injury. He's looked good the last few games, especially with puck recovery.

Is it that you don't like how soft he seems? If hitting is your priority I could see ranking Etem over him, but not Palmieri. Kyle occasionally plays that game but more often plays a soft, ineffective perimeter game. He's taken a huge step back this season, very disappointing.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Normally you and I are on the same page but I can't agree with this. Silfverberg projects as a defensive winger with 25-30 goal potential, there's a role for that kind of player on every team. Obviously he's not that right now, but you have to allow for some development and recovery from injury. He's looked good the last few games, especially with puck recovery.

Is it that you don't like how soft he seems? If hitting is your priority I could see ranking Etem over him, but not Palmieri. Kyle occasionally plays that game but more often plays a soft, ineffective perimeter game. He's taken a huge step back this season, very disappointing.

I agree, but I think you're being a little hard on KP. I'm not that down on him after this season...it's still his first full season in the NHL. If he has another season like this next year then I will agree. But not yet. He still has time in my eyes

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I agree, but I think you're being a little hard on KP. I'm not that down on him after this season...it's still his first full season in the NHL. If he has another season like this next year then I will agree. But not yet. He still has time in my eyes
I'm not giving up on him because of the rocky path he took to get to the NHL but I don't like how he looks right now. He hasn't played well with anyone since he took that "clean" headshot and he hasn't factored positively pretty much since we took that tour of the New York metro area.

Mar 17, 2014
In a couple of years, Silfverberg can be an integral piece of a true superstar first line, as the defensively responsible third link who also gets a lot of Points, alá Jari Kurri.

nwaZ*

What's the expectations for Silfverberg this year? I am kind of disappointed with his time in NHL, he was so dominant in his last playoffs in Sweden.

Oct 18, 2011
i think he's overrated here. he seems to have very limited puck skills and a shot that misses the net alot, i don't see who is going to pass him pucks for open shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad