Player Discussion Jakob Silfverberg II

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
When are top line struggles we have a hard time winning it would be nice if we could get the rest of the team to help win some of those games when the top line struggles but I guess that is too much to ask for.

It always helps when everybody contributes. But there's a reason some guys make $8M and others make way less. You expect more from those you pay more. Especially when it counts. Especially 4 years in a row of game 6 and 7 failures.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
It always helps when everybody contributes. But there's a reason some guys make $8M and others make way less. You expect more from those you pay more. Especially when it counts. Especially 4 years in a row of game 6 and 7 failures.

The point is the entire team had its problems everyone involved deserves blame.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Getzlaf and Perry suck ass recently in games that matter and close games AND overtimes.

Maybe the minutes have already taken its toll on them, or more likely, they are pacing themselves by taking shifts off so they will still have at least something in the tank come April.

Carlyle needs to back off the Perry & Getzlaf minutes, especially since they are not producing. If you are going to wear them out at least get a few points and W's.

John

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Fine. But you cannot ignore your best players not showing up when it counts 4 years in a row. It's not like we expect Cogs or other role players to carry the team when it counts the most. The blame is not shared equally.

Yea Getzlaf and Perry have sucked later in a series maybe playing heavy mins with so much pressure gets to them. Also Getzlaf has had some injury problems in some of those series. It would be great if the rest of the team would of played better helping to relive the pressure but instead they have sucked they couldn't even be decent. Everyone is to blame it is that simple.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yea Getzlaf and Perry have sucked later in a series maybe playing heavy mins with so much pressure gets to them. Also Getzlaf has had some injury problems in some of those series. It would be great if the rest of the team would of played better helping to relive the pressure but instead they have sucked they couldn't even be decent. Everyone is to blame it is that simple.

Sorry no.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

It's hard to understand the concept of not holding people responsible to do the job you pay them for. If everybody is equally to blame then let's just pay everybody the same and call it a day. No sense blaming anybody.

Some deserve more then others but everyone is still to blame no one is blameless.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
On pace for 57 points now and he's always been a 2nd half player

It`s more like he`s always been a ''recovering from injury in the 1st half'' type of player. I don`t expect him to improve much more from here.
He just needs to stay healthy, he`s our most important RW

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
It`s more like he`s always been a ''recovering from injury in the 1st half'' type of player. I don`t expect him to improve much more from here.
He just needs to stay healthy, he`s our most important RW

as of right now agreed. which is hella depressing :(

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Super happy to see the kid succeeding, he was my original namesake for this account.

Any particular reason he's shown such a dramatic improvement in his game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad