Player Discussion Jakob Silfverberg II

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Looked great in the first 40 minutes last game, but I didn't watch the last period.

How was he?

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
So how long do we have until he's traded?

Just like Lovejoy and Maroon, he'll get dealt on trade deadline day. If the Lovejoy trade was "good" and the Maroon trade was "bad", does it mean that the inevitable Silf deal will be "ugly"?

Was Penner somehow involved with the kids club? He was also traded on TDL day, this **** can't be a coincidence... :help:

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas
2737752827804622568.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

That's Bob in disguise with the sack.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Wonder if he'll have a slow start to yet another season, or if he can finally fire upp all engines from the first game and onwards.

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
not sure what would be worse... Silf being traded because of the curse, or him getting a "Hiller" side of the curse.
Wasn't it during Hiller's Kids Club captaincy when he was tearing it up and then got basically career ending vertigo?
Jacob is too young for that lol

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Missed tonight's game, but reading the comments, Silfver looked great. People were also positively surprised by Rocky.

Magnus was a healthy scratch.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Say... what is he up too?

He's been great. Simple as that. Right up there with Kesler, as one of our best all-around forwards.

Edit: He and Kesler are two of the reasons I still think Anaheim can compete this season. The two of them get **** done, at both ends of the ice, and if Perry can start scoring again, we'll have a pretty lethal top six. The depth after that is still lacking, but with the way Getzlaf has been playing, and the duo of Kesler and Silfverberg(shout out to Cogs too), this is a top six that could do some damage in the playoffs.

The more time passes, the more I think Anaheim won the Bobby Ryan trade, which is tough to do when you're the one moving the best player at the time. It could get even more heavily weighted for the Ducks if Ritchie continues to improve.

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Difference this year is he's going to the dirty areas. Like Souj said, best start to the season of his career.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Seems like has always comes into every season being one step behind, looking timid and without confidence.

Even though he didn't really shine during the WC, that pre tournament probably helped get ready for the NHL season mentally (and physically).

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
He's been great. Simple as that. Right up there with Kesler, as one of our best all-around forwards.

Edit: He and Kesler are two of the reasons I still think Anaheim can compete this season. The two of them get **** done, at both ends of the ice, and if Perry can start scoring again, we'll have a pretty lethal top six. The depth after that is still lacking, but with the way Getzlaf has been playing, and the duo of Kesler and Silfverberg(shout out to Cogs too), this is a top six that could do some damage in the playoffs.

The more time passes, the more I think Anaheim won the Bobby Ryan trade, which is tough to do when you're the one moving the best player at the time. It could get even more heavily weighted for the Ducks if Ritchie continues to improve.

Lets not go crazy some early points from silf and cogs do NOT make this a team with a strong 2nd scoring line... and that will bite us in playoffs.

We need a 3rd line that can contribute. We need to acquire some top 6 winger talent that can form a "3rd line" that can contribute if RC is basically going to ignore 4th line (as he should with this lineup...)

Edit: but has has some really good looks at the net. And he has had an overall great start

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I disagree that we don't have a great 2nd line. Silfverberg has been great and Kesler is scoring at a good clip. Where we will fail in the playoffs is the 1st line. Our top line needs to step it up, especially in the playoffs where it typically disappears.

John

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I disagree that we don't have a great 2nd line. Silfverberg has been great and Kesler is scoring at a good clip. Where we will fail in the playoffs is the 1st line. Our top line needs to step it up, especially in the playoffs where it typically disappears.

John

Top line doesn't typically disappear in the playoffs unless you count games 6 and 7 that the top line struggles but guess what so has most of the team in such games.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Yeah, who cares about games 6 and 7. And most of the team doesn't make $8m per year.

When are top line struggles we have a hard time winning it would be nice if we could get the rest of the team to help win some of those games when the top line struggles but I guess that is too much to ask for.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00