Player Discussion Jakob Silfverberg II

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I didn't see the hit, but it seems like it wasn't the hit itself that concussed him, but the fall.

Hope that doesn't make him into a hesitant and scared perimeter player.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Since Anaheim called up Tropp to replace Silfver, I guess it's safe to say that another concussion is confirmed.

Yei... Despres 2.0.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Since Anaheim called up Tropp to replace Silfver, I guess it's safe to say that another concussion is confirmed.

Yei... Despres 2.0.

The post above this one is you saying you haven't seen the hit and making assumptions about it, so have you seen it yet? Calling up Tropp does not mean Silf is concussed, and it certainly doesn't mean his career is in jeopardy. Slow your roll a bit.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Once again you take the most cynical of possible outlooks.

Silfverberg had a concussion before, which took him several months to recover from.

Then he hits his head on the ice (from what I've heard), leaves the game and is not playing in the upcoming 3 games.

How is it then cynical or "dumb" to assume that he got another concussion?

When you've already suffered one concussion, it usually takes less to get another one and the symptoms are usually more severe.

If you by cynical mean realistic, then yes, I agree.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Silfverberg had a concussion before, which took him several months to recover from.

Then he hits his head on the ice (from what I've heard), leaves the game and is not playing in the upcoming 3 games.

When you've already suffered one concussion, it usually takes less to get another one and the symptoms are usually more severe.

Assuming that he got another concussion is one thing. We all speculate on possible injuries

Saying he's Despres 2.0 is quite another.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

And the counterpoint.
Yei... Despres 2.0.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I had a friend at the hockey game who said it looked like Silfverberg was holding his shoulder when he left the ice. I was at a hockey game myself at the time, and didn't get to watch the game. Can anyone confirm?

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I had a friend at the hockey game who said it looked like Silfverberg was holding his shoulder when he left the ice. I was at a hockey game myself at the time, and didn't get to watch the game. Can anyone confirm?

I was at the game, and it looked to me like he was holding his shoulder as he went to the locker room. It was only on here that I read that he smacked his head on the ice.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

It was the "Despres 2.0" comment that was dumb, because Silfverberg potentially having another concussion does not all of a sudden mean we need to assume his career and livelihood are in jeopardy like Simon's.

In hindsight do you not feel silly for comparing a three game absence to a likely career ending situation? Or for predicting this would be a bottom ten team?

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Rakell is currently Swedens top goal scorer in NHL, with Silfverberg on a shared 2nd place (with Johansson and Forsberg also on 15). Not bad. :)

Edit: Otherwise Swedes are mostly great at passing, there are 4 Swedes in top 6 on assists.

Bonus image of Silfverberg after first goal.
lurCBxJ.jpg

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Rakell is currently Swedens top goal scorer in NHL, with Silfverberg on a shared 2nd place (with Johansson and Forsberg also on 15). Not bad. :)

Edit: Otherwise Swedes are mostly great at passing, there are 4 Swedes in top 6 on assists.

Bonus image of Silfverberg after first goal.
lurCBxJ.jpg

Ritchie looks like he's seeing a naked woman for the first time in that picture.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
54 games 17 goals (3 away from single season career high) 19 assists 36 points (3 away from single season career high)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The thing i lobe about silfveberg is his puck battles... hes good skater that gets on forcheck, hes very strong on his stick and uses his skating and body to gain control and keep plays alive along the boards.
I still maintain he is a marian hossa lite, at least offensively

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
He's been one of our best players all season. I remember not liking that we got him as the main piece for Ryan because he wasn't a center, but man am I glad we have him now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->