Player Discussion Jakob Silfverberg II

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Everything is working for him

He's kind of a late bloomer for a forward honestly. Most guys are not still improving at 26 these days

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
where is the infamous gif of his facial expression in an interview from like 2 years ago, lookung like he's ready to commit suicide after yet another game with 100 chances and not being able to score. =d

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
where is the infamous gif of his facial expression in an interview from like 2 years ago, lookung like he's ready to commit suicide after yet another game with 100 chances and not being able to score. =d

Here is the dog version of that look:

dog-wants-cupcakes-so-bad-but-crumbs-is-closed.gif

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Watching him up close (and not just when the camera is on him) at the CO game the other night really put it into perspective to me how much he's improved. My wife even said even said Silf is playing incredible on both sides of the puck.

Also, it was nice to be around so many enthusiastic Ducks fans. I suspect most of them are CA transplants, like me. :) There was even a guy with a huge Ducks flag that he had draped over some empty seats and was walking around the concourse with it during intermissions.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I just hope he comes back as the same player. He was a different player after the Torres hit. There's no good time to ever get a concussion, but sucks worse considering he was playing at a completely new level this year.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It shouldn't be the same. The Torres hit seemed to make him fearful of going to the places where he'd get hit. Hopefully he won't be afraid that the ice will be coming after him.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
We need to throw away a game with the Avs and unleash some goons on McKinnon and Barrie to make a statement. They will keep the headshots coming until the ducks do something.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
We need to throw away a game with the Avs and unleash some goons on McKinnon and Barrie to make a statement. They will keep the headshots coming until the ducks do something.

How was the Zadorov hit a headshot? It's unfortunate that Silfverberg was hurt on the play, but it was a clean hit. If it is a concussion it more likely happened from him hitting his head on the ice.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Silfverberg has gotten injured mutiple times and each time after coming back he wasn't as good as before until after a good long while I do worry when he comes back he will not be nearly as good for a long while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad