Player Discussion Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson - II - Signing in the Swedish Hockey League

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think JFK is doing fine. Few players jump straight into the NHL and look great. Consider that JFK, and a couple other Bs, are being asked to step in an already less than stellar bottom 9 along with a team riddled with injuries and slumping players, and I'm not sure if he could be doing much better given what his game is. He's looked good his last couple games, with the offense an added bonus.
good post, so many players with all the injuries, up front and on the back end, are playing in spots/situation that, if healthy, they wouldn`t be asked to play, makes such a huge difference

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Cave has already played 8 games. I believe it’s once someone gets to 10 games that was called up on an emergency basis would have to go through waivers to go back. I thought that was the rule.

Nope.

Once out of an "emergency situation" he has to be returned back to Providence - no waivers or switched to regular recall.

However, on regular recall, Cave would have to clear waivers to be sent back down.

Because he signed his first contract at age 21, he is only exempt from waivers for 3 seasons or 80 NHL games. He completed his 3 seasons at the end of last season.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Nope.

Once out of an "emergency situation" he has to be returned back to Providence - no waivers or switched to regular recall.

However, on regular recall, Cave would have to clear waivers to be sent back down.

Because he signed his first contract at age 21, he is only exempt from waivers for 3 seasons or 80 NHL games. He completed his 3 seasons at the end of last season.
Thanks Dom. I knew you would know the rule better than I did.

Actually rule 13 I just read states once they get to 10 games it converts to a regular recall and therefore must clear waivers to return to the minors.

Last edited:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
He might get it because he got his grill busted up, so there go the looks. No holding back now.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Wonder if jfk should see time on the wing until his effort intensifies

Could he benefit from seeing time with krejci/debrusk?
What do you see lacking at the Centre position? He’s shown to be effective in the face off circle and hasn’t embarrassed himself defensively. How much time has he played at wing? The times I saw him at B.U. HE was always in the middle.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
What do you see lacking at the Centre position? He’s shown to be effective in the face off circle and hasn’t embarrassed himself defensively. How much time has he played at wing? The times I saw him at B.U. HE was always in the middle.

Just thinking if guys like bergeron/seguin spend their first year playing wing with its simpler responsibilies for defense... could benefit a less physical guy like jfk

I mean thornton is headed to hof and was a monster compared to jfk and even he was nursed into the league 6-7 mins per game

Mats sundin and mark messier were thrown on wing to start

Its not exactly an unheard of move

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
JFK clearly has skill. Great touch on the puck, good vision and anticipation. My biggest worry is that he hasn't become an impact player in the AHL. At least not a consistent one. It is very rare that such a player would then go on to be good in the NHL.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I would trade JFK for Jesse p. Both seem like they are in the same path in terms of where they are in their learning curve in the nhl. Donny was scouting the oilers last night I believe.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
looked good on OT

The only thing coming in the way of JFK success is a little more aggressiveness and also 10 pounds of mass

still looks overwhelmed at times

Reactions: smack66

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I would trade JFK for Jesse p. Both seem like they are in the same path in terms of where they are in their learning curve in the nhl. Donny was scouting the oilers last night I believe.

You have to step back and assess the team needs, though. If we are talking this level of player, we need a center more than a right wing. Jesse P might turn out to be a really good player, but unless there is a deal to get a 3c in the works elsewhere, I don't see how this benefits the Bruins right now.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Needs to work on faceoffs and get needs stronger, could be a good option as a 2nd line center on a good team, 3rd center on a great team.

He's making strides in that direction, I think. Past 2-3 games he is looking like a different player. His face-offs seem to be improving (I am not looking at the numbers, but eye test says he is winning some more).

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Liking this kid. Doesn't seem to have his complete confidence but is slowly improving. Seems like the kind of player where we just need to wait it out. He is producing, and looks like he will slowly increase that production.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad