Player Discussion Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson - II - Signing in the Swedish Hockey League

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
People might be impatient because they don't remember back to 2003 and 2004. In those back to back years, they drafted their future #1A/#1B centers for the long term. Since then, only Spooner in 2010 with something like 30-40 NHL games, has been drafted by and played more games at center for the Bruins than JFK's 14.

Estimating their games at center, it goes about 950 games, 780 games, 30 games, 13 games among those drafted, developed, and deployed as centers as Bruins players. (obviously Seguin has played 420 games for Dallas at C but was not used there but for a couple games as a Bruin)

If he stays with the Bruins, JFK should pass Spooner's games-at-center number around the beginning of March: 11 years between drafting and developing centers. We can forget during that time how much Krejci struggled his first 2 years in the NHL or the Dave Lewis era with a -28 Bergeron as your #2C.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He had an extra jump in his step tonight and he's playing with more confidence, as are his linemates in Heinen and Donato ( who, I'm especially impressed with of late ). I'd love to see them keep this up so we can have three full scoring lines when Bergeron and Debrusk get back.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
People might be impatient because they don't remember back to 2003 and 2004. In those back to back years, they drafted their future #1A/#1B centers for the long term. Since then, only Spooner in 2010 with something like 30-40 NHL games, has been drafted by and played more games at center for the Bruins than JFK's 14.

Estimating their games at center, it goes about 950 games, 780 games, 30 games, 13 games among those drafted, developed, and deployed as centers as Bruins players. (obviously Seguin has played 420 games for Dallas at C but was not used there but for a couple games as a Bruin)

If he stays with the Bruins, JFK should pass Spooner's games-at-center number around the beginning of March: 11 years between drafting and developing centers. We can forget during that time how much Krejci struggled his first 2 years in the NHL or the Dave Lewis era with a -28 Bergeron as your #2C.

Good research there, pretty eye opening.

Reactions: 00BW

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I need to see more of what we have seen the past 3 games from him. He seems to be like he’s starting to play with some urgency in the offensive end and on the rush. We might actually have something here.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Not to sound like a downer, I realllly hope this kid is the in house solution for the third line this season- but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Not taking anything away from this kid, he's been impressive these past few games. I just want to see it continue.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
good example of where patience pays off.

can see him getting more and more confident and decisive each game. He's playing instead of thinking

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So he plays three good games and our third line center problem is solved? It isn't if Bergeron is going to be healthy and Sweeney has any interest in contending this year he stills needs to get a number three center as well as the other holes he thought he could fill internally but couldn't. JFK is not the answer.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So he plays three good games and our third line center problem is solved? It isn't if Bergeron is going to be healthy and Sweeney has any interest in contending this year he stills needs to get a number three center as well as the other holes he thought he could fill internally but couldn't. JFK is not the answer.

Look at what you just said. You basically criticize posters for saying JFK is the answer based on 3 good games, but you then said definitively that JFK is NOT the answer. How do you know that? I don't know if he is the "answer" or he isn't. But it's pretty hypocritical to make a definitive statement on JFK and at the same time criticize others for doing the same thing.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Look at what you just said. You basically criticize posters for saying JFK is the answer based on 3 good games, but you then said definitively that JFK is NOT the answer. How do you know that? I don't know if he is the "answer" or he isn't. But it's pretty hypocritical to make a definitive statement on JFK and at the same time criticize others for doing the same thing.
I'm comfortable with this based on the past two years vs 3 games. He showed very little this season until recently. Let's say this is the "real" JFK and he is going to turn out to be a good third line center, I will still say he isn't the answer this year, if he continues his good play move Kuraly to wing or 13th forward, get an established, proven 3C and move JFK to 4th line center to improve depth.

Once again Sweeney counting on rookies/second year players isn't a plan as much as it is desperation.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Thought he was more emotionally engaged last night than he has been. I've probably seen this guy 50 plus times in Providence and can't remember him arguing an offside call like he did last night. Sounds kinda stupid, but I think it's good to see, kinda like how Brick mentioned that little celebration Heinen did when he finally scored the other day.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm comfortable with this based on the past two years vs 3 games. He showed very little this season until recently. Let's say this is the "real" JFK and he is going to turn out to be a good third line center, I will still say he isn't the answer this year, if he continues his good play move Kuraly to wing or 13th forward, get an established, proven 3C and move JFK to 4th line center to improve depth.

Once again Sweeney counting on rookies/second year players isn't a plan as much as it is desperation.

Ever single GM, every year, on every team, relies on rookies/sophomores/young players to be contributing factors to the team. That's how it works in a cap system. It has nothing to do with desperation.

Should Tampa Bay be criticized for having spots available for the likes of Cirelli and Joseph to make the team and contribute? Are they not contenders because they have incorporated rookies into their line-up?

Reactions: TD Charlie

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He does need to stop hanging his tongue out so much on the bench and between whistles, though. Not a good look for him :laugh:

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
I'd rather see Frederic center the 4th line with Backes and either Wagner or Nordstrom.

I still like Kuraly there. I know he is taking some heat but that is a function of too many 4th liners playing right now. Get the proper balance in lines 2 and 3 like last season and a 4th line with Kuraly is more than fine.

Reactions: Kalus

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I still like the idea of adding jeff Carter or rnh come playoff time. If JFK plays incredible i guess then that changes everything but it's good to have insurance down the middle playing heavy teams like Tampa caps in playoffs.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
RNH just does nothing for me, especially at the cost it would take. Rather they just role with JFK/Frederic the rest of the year and see what they have moving forward.

I think this offseason is when you'll see a deal personally.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Ever single GM, every year, on every team, relies on rookies/sophomores/young players to be contributing factors to the team. That's how it works in a cap system. It has nothing to do with desperation.

Should Tampa Bay be criticized for having spots available for the likes of Cirelli and Joseph to make the team and contribute? Are they not contenders because they have incorporated rookies into their line-up?
Add Stamkos and Hedman and I feel better about Bruins

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Add Stamkos and Hedman and I feel better about Bruins

This comment in no way, shape or form answers my two questions.

Why can't you just enjoy watching the young guys play well (they have the last few games) and watch them develop into better players?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
This comment in no way, shape or form answers my two questions.

Why can't you just enjoy watching the young guys play well (they have the last few games) and watch them develop into better players?
Because I am impatient, want to win and have little faith in prospects/rookies

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad