Player Discussion Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson - II - Signing in the Swedish Hockey League

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
He does need to stop hanging his tongue out so much on the bench and between whistles, though. Not a good look for him :laugh:
He reminds me of a fuzzy cheeked, starry eyed high school kid who can’t believe he’s sitting on the bench with real NHL players. Seemed shy in the camera shots I saw earlier.

Lately, though he’s communicating with his teammates on the bench and asserting himself on the ice. Like he woke up and said “Hey, I can play this game at this level.”

Reactions: DKH and mjhfb

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I don’t know how I feel about jfk. He seems to have a nose for scoring but lacks some heart. He is nhl level though. So credit where credit is due. He skates well and has some offensive upside. I feel like he needs to work on his play along the boards. But maybe I’m just crazy.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I don’t know how I feel about jfk. He seems to have a nose for scoring but lacks some heart. He is nhl level though. So credit where credit is due. He skates well and has some offensive upside. I feel like he needs to work on his play along the boards. But maybe I’m just crazy.

What is this based on?

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
What is this based on?

What are u looking for? Some sort of statistic? Heart is how hard he plays. How determined he is. His dig in the corners. How quick he jumps up after being knocked down. This sort of thing. It’s just some early scouting from my couch :p.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Sorry to all the haters, this kid is gonna stick.

Does all of the little things right, and is apparently receptive to coaching. Kid is a hound on the forecheck and is defensively responsible. The only thing he needs to polish is his hockey skills with the puck, which will come with more experience and more confidence.

Could be really good trade bait, if they believe in Frederic/Studnicka more.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
What are u looking for? Some sort of statistic? Heart is how hard he plays. How determined he is. His dig in the corners. How quick he jumps up after being knocked down. This sort of thing. It’s just some early scouting from my couch :p.

Looks like he's playing with plenty of heart to me then :)

Reactions: Ratty

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Sorry to all the haters, this kid is gonna stick.

Does all of the little things right, and is apparently receptive to coaching. Kid is a hound on the forecheck and is defensively responsible. The only thing he needs to polish is his hockey skills with the puck, which will come with more experience and more confidence.

Could be really good trade bait, if they believe in Frederic/Studnicka more.
I do agree let's ride with him and see where he takes us. He is looking better and maybe him being sent down like a yoyo has lit a fire under his ....

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
He plays in Boston and is from Europe. This is our fanbase's MO. Euro's are lazy and don't have heart. Krejci, Rask, Loui etc etc etc. You hear it all the time.
Hear it from whom? Outside of Don Cherry who on this board says European players have no heart and are lazy?

Classic Strawman

Last edited:

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Centers that score 4 goals in their first NHL game and 40 in their first NHL season tend to be those taken 1st overall. The rest can take a lot of games to get comfortable. It might have taken JFK a dozen games to finally find his game in the NHL.

It might also be the skilled college line he now centers. All 3 are about the same age so they don't seem to need to defer to an older player.

One other thought I had, is that his improved play happened when McAvoy returned to the lineup. They played together for 2 years (both with Gryz just one) at BU and we know McAvoy has a strong, outgoing personality. It would not surprise me if McAvoy took it upon himself to talk to JFK once he was back traveling with the team.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
It's not a strawman. This fanbase consistently says things like that about Euro players. And Jimmy Hayes.
You are right about Jimmy Hayes, but only because he epitomized soft and heartless, which went along with talent-less and unmotivated making him a well deserved target of abuse for his 20 year career here in Boston.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
The guys that catch the most flack from our fanbase are typically Europeans lol. Instead of heart, phrases like disinterested and soft get thrown out.
Well I consider the softest Bruin in history Craig Janney and he was from North America and I loved Vlad Sobotka and think Chara is the 4th best Bruins defenseman ever so I guess it depends on the player not the birth place.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
By my eye he is an NHL player...trending toward solidifying his role as good 3rd line center.

He is creating problems for the opposition with his hockey IQ defensively.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad