Jake Voracek

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yes...numerous trade proposals to "help" the team....like trading him for Jamie Benn. The same Jamie Benn who makes more money, is signed longer, and has 6 points in 19 games.

I have yet to see a trade proposal that "help" the Flyers win more games now.
Because the Voracek or Ghost trades suggested are almost always primarily because the person wants to get rid of the player and the return is a secondary concern.

It's always "I want to trade Jake/Ghost, what do you think we can get?" instead of "I really want this player, but it might cost us Jake/Ghost". Just like it used to be with Couturier.

phillydownsouth

Giroux is your daddy
Sep 18, 2019
my annoyances with Jake would drop tremendously if he is just never picked for a shootout attempt ever again

this. Always surprises me when a top point producer year after year still doesnt have a better shot. Ill take the points though

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Voracek is frustrating at times mainly because of turnovers and bad decisions with the puck. But he is not as bad as JVR. But can we have one rule: Giroux, Voracek and Gostisbehere should start every OT.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This Jake interview is great, such a character !!

Shooting down Hayes music is great.

And the young kids being scared of him is great.

TK being slow LOLOLOL

Simmer ketchup story ,,,, Tremendous

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Absolutely agree.

That critism on him is exaggerated. Yes, I know that he had some bad games this year. But he had some bad games last years too as a everyone player in the league expect McDavid maybe. Players like Crosby, Kane, Kucherov or Ovechkin had bad games too.

And I want to say we are really in good position if most of our fans have to critizing Jake who is 3rd in team points and we are 3rd in Metro. It's mean that there aren't so much problems like were last seasons where we had VVs, Mannings, Grossmanns, Haggs etc, etc...

This team is on good way. And if Jake can be only better, it's only good for us.

P.S.: Flyers fans, Jake had been reading this forum last years what I know. I expect he has been reading this season too. Maybe rather support good players would be better than only critizing them if they had som bad moments, games.

And don't @ME with his contract, please. He totally deserved it in that time. It wasn't absolutely his, G or Couts fault they had teammates like Sestito, Rinaldo, VV, (old) Knuble, Grossmann, Lilja, Manning, Hägg, Lyubimov, Medvedev etc, etc... Jake was still TOP20 producer in the league.

You are a native Czech right?

He makes too many mistakes still but then does something that maybe only he could do to help tie the game. I’m beyond frustrated with him, but I also understand he’s not going anywhere for anything better. Hopefully he can just stop the turnovers. I think AV would take big notice of that given his emphasis on possession. Just clean that stuff up. It won’t result in any loss of points. Just show him clip after clip of turnovers and I think he should get the point.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He either makes goalies look ridiculous in shootouts or makes himself look ridiculous. He has a nonchalant style.

It's actually more effective than it "feels" when watching it. When he does that fivehole attempt and it doesn't work it can "feel" like he's never scored in the SO before, but he's actually not bad.

Reactions: mmvvpp

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Yes...numerous trade proposals to "help" the team....like trading him for Jamie Benn. The same Jamie Benn who makes more money, is signed longer, and has 6 points in 19 games.

I have yet to see a trade proposal that "help" the Flyers win more games now.

There's a difference between uninformed and malicious

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Great interview.

Not surprised at all that it sounds like he was out until 3 AM every night, loves beer & champagne, & had a shitty diet & body fat issues.

His dad literally encouraged him to drink beer before going to bed when he was a young teen.

Reactions: Tripod

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Biz is the worst interviewer ever.
Had a huge opportunity to ask him what it was like playing under Hextall & didn’t seize it. Also should have asked about the differences between Hak & AV.

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Absolutely agree.

That critism on him is exaggerated. Yes, I know that he had some bad games this year. But he had some bad games last years too as a everyone player in the league expect McDavid maybe. Players like Crosby, Kane, Kucherov or Ovechkin had bad games too.

And I want to say we are really in good position if most of our fans have to critizing Jake who is 3rd in team points and we are 3rd in Metro. It's mean that there aren't so much problems like were last seasons where we had VVs, Mannings, Grossmanns, Haggs etc, etc...

This team is on good way. And if Jake can be only better, it's only good for us.

P.S.: Flyers fans, Jake had been reading this forum last years what I know. I expect he has been reading this season too. Maybe rather support good players would be better than only critizing them if they had som bad moments, games.

And don't @ME with his contract, please. He totally deserved it in that time. It wasn't absolutely his, G or Couts fault they had teammates like Sestito, Rinaldo, VV, (old) Knuble, Grossmann, Lilja, Manning, Hägg, Lyubimov, Medvedev etc, etc... Jake was still TOP20 producer in the league.

That tweet is so off base.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Had a huge opportunity to ask him what it was like playing under Hextall & didn’t seize it. Also should have asked about the differences between Hak & AV.

perhaps there are unwritten rules on what's is allowed to be discussed?

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Jake knows what he is talking about with Champagne+Orange Juice as well... want to party and not get tired? That sugar content will do it for you. Bill Murray agrees.

Add some ice and you dont get dehydrated either.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Jake knows what he is talking about with Champagne+Orange Juice as well... want to party and not get tired? That sugar content will do it for you. Bill Murray agrees.

Add some ice and you dont get dehydrated either.
I’ve read that story about Bill Murray. Don’t know if it’s true or not.

Reactions: Appleyard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad