Player Discussion Jake Virtanen Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
Ehlers and Nylander are 22 years old. Your certainty that they will never improve seems like something you want to be true in order to support a certain narrative. I'm excited for Virtanen's progress and think he'll be a good forward. But let's be real -- every single GM in the NHL would take either Ehlers or Nylander over him without more than a few seconds' hesitation, both in view of their current play and their potential.
Time will tell - Let's see how Jake performs in his first real playoffs vs those two and their first one and compare at that point.

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
Keep Virtanen on the third line... don't need him to play with Pettersson or Horvat unless we are playing from behind or in garbage time of games..

He's too valuable DEFENSIVELY in our bottom 6 right now.. Let him stabilize the bottom 6 till we get Sutter/Beagle back in 4-5 weeks... then if he's still going... we'll have the roster flexibility to move him up without handicapping half our bottom 6.

Consistency is all that's missing.
It's games like this he's capable of.. and if puts em together - Beast.
-This for those dumbfounded and unable to conceptualize the idea of what a Virtanen Beast Mode would look like pre-season.

Laid a couple hits, agitates the opposition, attracts their attention to post whistle scrum, disruptive on the backcheck, stress the D multiple times rushing the wing, earns a breakaway or prime rush chance each game... and then can occasionally unleash and rip one home given some space.

Now be more consistent.

He's already ahead of Kesler at the same age in terms of overall play. If Jake can be a faster version of Kesler (and he has better hands than Kes definitely had at that age), and hits harder, is he a bust?

Too many NHL19 players on here who don't get player development. If you're a top 10 pick and dont come out of the gates like McDavid you're a bust. They can't see development, they can't see other facets of the game outside of just scoring and that scoring can take time (ie Kesler, ie Naslund, ie Bertuzzi, Ie Burrows)....no its just he was drafted FIFTH!!! We didnt take Tkachuck!!!!!!! I want my lollypop and because I didn't get the one I wanted I am going to cry and complain about the one I have!!!! MOmmmmmy!!!

Jake is going to be exactly what we hoped, he showed flashes last year, this year he's taken a big next step (as you say a very effective defensive player for us now, this is what Travis wanted), and now Green is slowly going to loosen the reigns to let him find his offense. Bo took some time to find his offensive game and worked his way up the lineup, seems Jake is doing the same.

Great post and I am really looking forward to seeing these "haters' eat some crow in a year or two lol

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Problem is many people cannot correlate the role of players and the effects of that on productivity. Players sheltered by minutes or playing defensive roles sacrifice offensive opportunities for the betterment of the team and sometimes as young players grow and become more useful in bigger minutes their roles can revert back to what they were in junior days (as scorers) and to little suprise they take off as point producers.

The gifted ones usually skip those roles but it doesn't mean they will have an upward trajectory and often as teams figure them out and injuries pile up they get replaced by budding ones or other gifted scorers. It's why we constantly have a Naslund or more recently Karlsson/Marchessault emerge.

I like what @Literally said ...let him keep carrying his line and when we get healthy and Beagle Sutter are back to do the heavy lifting he hopefully can handle bigger minutes with Bo or Elias.....would be cool to see him finally connect with a talented C

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
He's already ahead of Kesler at the same age in terms of overall play. If Jake can be a faster version of Kesler (and he has better hands than Kes definitely had at that age), and hits harder, is he a bust?

Too many NHL19 players on here who don't get player development. If you're a top 10 pick and dont come out of the gates like McDavid you're a bust. They can't see development, they can't see other facets of the game outside of just scoring and that scoring can take time (ie Kesler, ie Naslund, ie Bertuzzi, Ie Burrows)....no its just he was drafted FIFTH!!! We didnt take Tkachuck!!!!!!! I want my lollypop and because I didn't get the one I wanted I am going to cry and complain about the one I have!!!! MOmmmmmy!!!

Jake is going to be exactly what we hoped, he showed flashes last year, this year he's taken a big next step (as you say a very effective defensive player for us now, this is what Travis wanted), and now Green is slowly going to loosen the reigns to let him find his offense. Bo took some time to find his offensive game and worked his way up the lineup, seems Jake is doing the same.

Great post and I am really looking forward to seeing these "haters' eat some crow in a year or two lol
I don't think he has better hands than Kesler.. nor is Jake further ahead than Kesler was developmentally - especially offensively. You can't dismiss Kesler's 30g season in the A as a 20 yr old. That turned out to be a strong indicator of the player he became for us.

They are different players that will take separate paths... Both had/have to grow into playing and thinking at a high speed - but that's about where the comparison should end.

Reactions: mossey3535

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
If Virtanen is a faster Kesler with better hands, is he a bust? Is that the question you are asking? A faster, higher-scoring player than the Selke-winning, 41-goal scoring Kesler? Yeah, I don't think anyone in their right mind would describe that as a bust player. That player would be a star. I wish the absolute best for JV, and like how his game is trending for sure, but this projection may be slightly ambitious. Just because one player got there from relatively humble beginnings does not mean another will.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Keeping my fingers crossed that he stays healthy. Also keeping my fingers crossed that the penny has finally dropped dropped for him.

If both these hopes pan out, I think we have a decent #6 pick on our hands. Nylander and Ehlers might still be better, but I like Jake's two way, physical, style more.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I loved Jakes game last night. Very physical, making good plays with the puck, winning the puck along the boards. Looked like a different player. He looks confident. If he can keep playing like this he may very well live up to his draft position.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Volume shooter with speed and grit is the best we can hope for him -- like a diet version of Evander Kane. Jakey's snipes are looking dangerous.

Reactions: NucksRock

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
I don't think he has better hands than Kesler.. nor is Jake further ahead than Kesler was developmentally - especially offensively. You can't dismiss Kesler's 30g season in the A as a 20 yr old. That turned out to be a strong indicator of the player he became for us.

They are different players that will take separate paths... Both had/have to grow into playing and thinking at a high speed - but that's about where the comparison should end.

In the NHL Kesler point totals

28 games 2 goals 3 assists
82 games 10 goals 13 assists
48 games 6g 10 a
80 games 21g 16 A

Kesler was drafted and seen to be a high quality third line checking center, with little offensive game. I remember watching him as a rookie and beyond, and his hands early were stone. 30 goals in the A means little - Gaunce was on pace for similar in his last AHL season.

In fact, it wasn't until 2008/9 when most thought maybe Kelser has more in him offensively when he got 26 goals. I believe from my Eye test, and seeing both play at the beginning of their careers, Jake has a great deal more offensive upside than Kesler by far at this stage of their careers. Kesler was a selke winner so he is by far better defensively.

My point was simple, if Kesler can manage to find 40 goals in the league with less natural offensive talent / developed it, there is no reason Jake should be seen as a busts given his trajectory, and in my view much more offensive talent naturally (his goals are goal scorers goals friend, they aren't junk). Kesler never had the ability to really "snipe", other than his one timer on the PP with the twins on the off wing.

I would agree to disagree with you here in terms of offensive upside at the same ages.

Some interesting historical posts here to back up my views

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ryan-kesler-potential.114202/

Last edited by a moderator:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

You do realize this is the "bitter we took Virtanen" thread. Tkachuk belongs in the "bitter we took Juolevi" thread.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
In the NHL Kesler point totals

28 games 2 goals 3 assists
82 games 10 goals 13 assists
48 games 6g 10 a
80 games 21g 16 A

Kesler was drafted and seen to be a high quality third line checking center, with little offensive game. I remember watching him as a rookie and beyond, and his hands early were stone. 30 goals in the A means little - Gaunce was on pace for similar in his last AHL season.

In fact, it wasn't until 2008/9 when most thought maybe Kelser has more in him offensively when he got 26 goals. I believe from my Eye test, and seeing both play at the beginning of their careers, Jake has a great deal more offensive upside than Kesler by far at this stage of their careers. Kesler was a selke winner so he is by far better defensively.

My point was simple, if Kesler can manage to find 40 goals in the league with less natural offensive talent / developed it, there is no reason Jake should be seen as a busts given his trajectory, and in my view much more offensive talent naturally (his goals are goal scorers goals friend, they aren't junk). Kesler never had the ability to really "snipe", other than his one timer on the PP with the twins on the off wing.

I would agree to disagree with you here in terms of offensive upside at the same ages.

Some interesting historical posts here to back up my views

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ryan-kesler-potential.114202/

The most common argument on here is if player A did this, than player B can do this as well. However only a small percentage of players develope the scoring later in there career (Kesler Naslund Bertuzzi Burrows). To use an argument that have such a low percentage of happening is such a weak argument. To prove that this is true. Ask yourself this why are using examples are from 10 to 20 years ago. Why because it doesn't happened that often.

Scoring 30 goals mean little? A 20 year old in the AHL is one of the younger player. Playing against older competition and get 30 goals means a lot. Kesler also put up 0.75 ppg in College as a one of the youngest player as well. He was a ppg in wjc as well playing against the best player in his age group.

Aside from the whl, everytime Virtanen played at a higher level of competition He has struggle. Wjc/ahl and 90% of time he has been in the nhl.

Players that went through 3 years 2015 to 2018 and never put up more 20 point season don't usually become big time scorer.

Where was this post before. So all of sudden Virtanen get 3 goals in 2 games and now he has more upside than Kesler.

Btw lot Of Kesler goals was infront of the net espcially on the pp. Virtanen has never been that type of player to get those goals.

Reactions: nuck luck

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I don’t think it’s all that simple define a draft bust as someone who didn’t meet expectations for several reasons.

First, which expectations? I expected Bo Horvat to be elite defensively when he was drafted and he is definitely not even close to that so is he a bust in that regard even though he has exceeded expectations offensively? How do you weight those different parts of a players game? Everyone values these things a bit differently.

Then you have to ask, whose expectations? Craig Button was super low on Jake and didn’t even have him going in the 1st round so do we base it on his expectations or the collective average of experts or fans expectations? Do you purely base these expectations on his draft position? I think it’s reasonable to take all of these into consideration to some degree but not go too far with any one in particular.

Another important question is when did you form those expectations? Are they based on information known at the time he was being drafted or do your expectations change every time someone drafted after him has a career season? I think only the former can be considered reasonable.

As these relate to Jake, I think it was reasonable to expect a player who skates well, uses his speed to pressure the puck, throws heavy hits that don’t put him out of position, and beats goalies with a powerful and accurate shot. It’s fair to say he didn’t tick all of those boxes right away but he’s always shown flashes and has steadily progressed to ticking them more often than not at this point in time right now. How often is he supposed to do those things? I expect him to use his speed and physical play on the forecheck consistently, which he is now doing. How often should we expect him to score? It seems like when people criticize Jake or call him a bust they’re only concerned with 1 thing and that’s the number of goals/points he scores and whether he meets expectations in that area so what are reasonable point expectations for him? At the time of his draft I thought he could be a 40 goal scorer with that shot at his peak. Reasonable expectations would probably say 25-30 goals per year is expected of a guy drafted in that spot. Well right now he’s on pace for 29 with bareley any ice time and almost a quarter of the season done and everyone can see this isn’t all Jake has. The potential for growth seems like it’s still as high as it ever was, which is very exciting. On top of all that, and what the “Jake is a bust” crew seem to ignore is that he has been wildly exceeding expectations on the defensive side of the puck. I remember when he was drafted, his defensive game was not something anyone ever talked about or expected, he was supposed to be a pure offensive power forward sniper. This addition to his game alone makes him that much more valuable and has to tip the scales in terms of him not being a bust unless you’re willing to say that Bo Horvat is also a bust because he failed to meet expectations defensively despite exceeding them offensively which no reasonable person should say.

When we use the term bust. We don't usually talk about one specific skill set. It's the whole body of work. Horvat Was drafted as a 3rd/2nd line center. Most likely become a 2nd line /1 B center. That is exceeding expectations to me even though one skill set didn't

I admit it can be a little subjective. However the 6th overall pick. I am pretty most of us had him being a 1st/2nd line winger and we end up getting a really good 3rd line player. I think it's more than fair to use to the term bust. We are not even going to get half of player he was projected to be.

Think about this. Pretend you bought a stock. The stock went down like 75% and then it increase to 25%. You probably that stock was a bust. You are still down 50%.

I still think he can be a 15 G 30 P player good 3rd line player. But some of people are getting ridiculous. 25 to 30 goals/2nd line/ comparing him TO Kesler Naslund Bertuzzi are ridiculous

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Also people been saying Virtanen is good defensively. I admit he is good at stripping pucks and back checking be cause of his speed. But there more to being good defensively than that. Positioning and knowing where to go on the ice is important as well. At times he has still has no clue to where to go on the ice. There is a reason with all the injuries Green doesn't use Virtanen on the PK.

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
The most common argument on here is if player A did this, than player B can do this as well. However only a small percentage of players develope the scoring later in there career (Kesler Naslund Bertuzzi Burrows). To use an argument that have such a low percentage of happening is such a weak argument. To prove that this is true. Ask yourself this why are using examples are from 10 to 20 years ago. Why because it doesn't happened that often.

Scoring 30 goals mean little? A 20 year old in the AHL is one of the younger player. Playing against older competition and get 30 goals means a lot. Kesler also put up 0.75 ppg in College as a one of the youngest player as well. He was a ppg in wjc as well playing against the best player in his age group.

Aside from the whl, everytime Virtanen played at a higher level of competition He has struggle. Wjc/ahl and 90% of time he has been in the nhl.

Players that went through 3 years 2015 to 2018 and never put up more 20 point season don't usually become big time scorer.

Where was this post before. So all of sudden Virtanen get 3 goals in 2 games and now he has more upside than Kesler.

Btw lot Of Kesler goals was infront of the net espcially on the pp. Virtanen has never been that type of player to get those goals.

1. First you have to look at trajectory - is Virtanen improving yes or no?

2. If you were around when Kesler was drafted, which by your post it appears you were not but I refer you to the link I posted from this site when he got drafted, that refers to many reviews of him, tsn etc. An elite third line checking center was his ceiling. NO ONE EVER SAW 40 goals coming from him

3. Gaunce was on pace for 30 in the AHL as I said, so it means little. There are many high scoring AHLers who don't even get a sniff in the NHL, AND why not compare NHL to NHL as that's what matters? Especially given number 2

4. Kesler's numbers in the NHL futher prove, it takes time for even a high scoring AHLer to translate, thus Giving Jake time is probably wise

5. No one said 2 goals in 3 games means Jake is scoring 40 - don't put words in my mouth to support your fallacious argument, that's garbage.

6. My point as I seem to have to repeat it for you, is simple. Jake was drafted which a much HIGHER offensive ceiling than Kesler. Go read the draft previews of both players. Jake has improved every year, and is a highly effective defensive player, with more speed and size than Kesler. THUS, to suggest that he can't improve his offensive game is absurd, just as many players have such as Kesler, Burrows, Hansen, even the Sedins for God's sake.

Now don't go saying that I said Jake is at the same level as the twins.....

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
1. First you have to look at trajectory - is Virtanen improving yes or no?

2. If you were around when Kesler was drafted, which by your post it appears you were not but I refer you to the link I posted from this site when he got drafted, that refers to many reviews of him, tsn etc. An elite third line checking center was his ceiling. NO ONE EVER SAW 40 goals coming from him

3. Gaunce was on pace for 30 in the AHL as I said, so it means little. There are many high scoring AHLers who don't even get a sniff in the NHL, AND why not compare NHL to NHL as that's what matters? Especially given number 2

4. Kesler's numbers in the NHL futher prove, it takes time for even a high scoring AHLer to translate, thus Giving Jake time is probably wise

5. No one said 2 goals in 3 games means Jake is scoring 40 - don't put words in my mouth to support your fallacious argument, that's garbage.

6. My point as I seem to have to repeat it for you, is simple. Jake was drafted which a much HIGHER offensive ceiling than Kesler. Go read the draft previews of both players. Jake has improved every year, and is a highly effective defensive player, with more speed and size than Kesler. THUS, to suggest that he can't improve his offensive game is absurd, just as many players have such as Kesler, Burrows, Hansen, even the Sedins for God's sake.

Now don't go saying that I said Jake is at the same level as the twins.....

yes Virtanen overall game is improving but it means very little considering the fact that he was a barely a nhl player A few years ago. He went from a barely a nhl player to a reliable 3rd/4th line player right now.

yes Jake was drafted with better upside but your upside can change once you get older and playing at high level of hockey. Fact is Kesler didn't struggle at a high level of hockey after he got drafted. Ahl and wjc. Virtanen did. Man you need to stop with uour silly compairson. Sedins Naslund nominated men in shl as teenagers. Dominated against there peer at the wjc. Virtanen never did anything like this. All your examples the players accomplished way more than Virtanen at the same age with the exceptions of Burrows. But I don't think me and you can't think another example of a player that became a nhl player like How Burrows did it. Like I said you need to think of examples 10 to 20 years ago. It's such a weak argument

Tell me this. Name a bunch of players that went 3 straight seasons without scoring 20 or more points than all of sudden become a top 6 forward? Try to think recent examples and not 10 to 20 years ago.

Come on. The only reason why we are having this intense discussion is because of Virtanen 2 goal game and 3 goals in 2 games. Ask yourself woild you even bring up Kesler 40 goal if Vietanen didn't have 3 goals in 2 games. The answer is No.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I wonder if it would be a good idea to try him on PP1. Put him in the slot where he doesn't have to focus as much on making plays but more using his size to screen goalies, get deflections and jamming home those greasy goals. I'd also like to see them replace Pouliot with Stecher at the point - this gives them 3 righties. Something like:

Boeser - left circle
Horvat - posted down low to goalie's left
Virtanen - slot presence. Can also tip passes from Brock or take feeds for one-timers from Bo
Petterson - quarterbacks from the right circle opposite Boeser
Stecher - mans the point

Essentially the Canucks' version of the 1-3-1 power play setup.

Giving him more minutes with prime PP time should help his offensive growth. It's great that he's starting to be used in a defensive role, but I would like to see them team maximize his development with the puck and production.

Reactions: THE Green Man

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I was super wrong about Jakey before the 2016-17 season and he came up and improved his game in a lotta areas. This year hes done it again. Glad i was so wrong, I wanted to trade him for nothing and now his worth is really really becoming CLEAR for everyone. Man I love this player :yo:

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
yes Virtanen overall game is improving but it means very little considering the fact that he was a barely a nhl player A few years ago. He went from a barely a nhl player to a reliable 3rd/4th line player right now.

yes Jake was drafted with better upside but your upside can change once you get older and playing at high level of hockey. Fact is Kesler didn't struggle at a high level of hockey after he got drafted. Ahl and wjc. Virtanen did. Man you need to stop with uour silly compairson. Sedins Naslund nominated men in shl as teenagers. Dominated against there peer at the wjc. Virtanen never did anything like this. All your examples the players accomplished way more than Virtanen at the same age with the exceptions of Burrows. But I don't think me and you can't think another example of a player that became a nhl player like How Burrows did it. Like I said you need to think of examples 10 to 20 years ago. It's such a weak argument

Tell me this. Name a bunch of players that went 3 straight seasons without scoring 20 or more points than all of sudden become a top 6 forward? Try to think recent examples and not 10 to 20 years ago.

Come on. The only reason why we are having this intense discussion is because of Virtanen 2 goal game and 3 goals in 2 games. Ask yourself woild you even bring up Kesler 40 goal if Vietanen didn't have 3 goals in 2 games. The answer is No.

So you care about his rookie year? Or do you care about where he's trending?

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
[QUOTE="Canucks1096, post: 151549381, member: 266477"]yes Virtanen overall game is improving but it means very little considering the fact that he was a barely a nhl player A few years ago. He went from a barely a nhl player to a reliable 3rd/4th line player right now.

[/QUOTE]

LOL what!!

So you care more about his rookie year than where he's clearly heading LOL ok!

Oh other players?

How about Nazem Kadri? Took him 5 years to solidify himself as an NHLer, but I guess you care little about that since his OHL stats mean more right?

How about Brayden Schenn? 6 years to solidify himself as a NHLer and didn't score 20 goals until his 7th pro year

Hmm...those guys are pretty good hey? But ya they were fer sure top 6 bro because you know they showed it in junior LOL

Move along

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
I was super wrong about Jakey before the 2016-17 season and he came up and improved his game in a lotta areas. This year hes done it again. Glad i was so wrong, I wanted to trade him for nothing and now his worth is really really becoming CLEAR for everyone. Man I love this player :yo:

Good for you for "manning" up and admitting that. Its sad some on here would rather see kid fail so they can say they are right, vs objectively looking at how far he's come, what his toolbox is, how he's finally putting it together and salivating on what may still come if he continues this trajectory.

He'll never be a guy who pots 50 goals, those people who expected that need to deal with their incorrect expectations. But he CAN be a physical force, a great 200 ft player who skates like the wind and can pot 20-25. I still think he has the ability to be a player as good as Jeff Carter, and given the Kadri and Schenn examples I gave above, and Kesler and Burrows etc etc, I can see a player who can still get better.

I think alot of the hate virtanen crew want to think a player can't improve, even though he is in front of their eyes. The fact they ignore that tells me all I need to know about them being "fans"

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

VanCanFanEDM

Mar 22, 2004
Edmonton
One thing to consider with Jake is how he was handled early in his career... He really had no business making the NHL when he did... he very well could have been further ahead if he was handled better.... Its a great sign that he is still improving, and not just with his scoring... He looks alot more confident on the ice and seems to be maturing as a player and young man most likely.. He is a fun guy to root for, and I hope he can continue to figure it out because he does have a very unique skill set...

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

Good on you for acknowledging you were wrong. Seldom happens here. And selling low is usually stupid.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
When we use the term bust. We don't usually talk about one specific skill set. It's the whole body of work. Horvat Was drafted as a 3rd/2nd line center. Most likely become a 2nd line /1 B center. That is exceeding expectations to me even though one skill set didn't

I admit it can be a little subjective. However the 6th overall pick. I am pretty most of us had him being a 1st/2nd line winger and we end up getting a really good 3rd line player. I think it's more than fair to use to the term bust. We are not even going to get half of player he was projected to be.

Think about this. Pretend you bought a stock. The stock went down like 75% and then it increase to 25%. You probably that stock was a bust. You are still down 50%.

I still think he can be a 15 G 30 P player good 3rd line player. But some of people are getting ridiculous. 25 to 30 goals/2nd line/ comparing him TO Kesler Naslund Bertuzzi are ridiculous

I don't see Virtanen as a stock that went down 75% but that is a valid interpretation.

I will extend and get more in depth with your stock analogy because I like it.

If NHL players were publicly traded companies then Nylander and Ehlers would be like mid-tier stocks in a thriving industry (e.g. a tech stock) that grew quickly early on in their lifespan. Virtanen would be more like a top-tier stock, in an industry that isn't as booming, with good fundamentals and modest, sustainable, year over year growth that still has huge potential but didn't initially grow as fast as investors wanted for multiple reasons (Virtanen's shoulder surgery, being rushed into the NHL, immaturity, etc) which triggered some unsophisticated and/or impatient investors to sell. (being impatient and unsophisticated are valid positions)

As an investor, of course it would be great to have every single one of your stocks skyrocket right after you buy them but a wise investor is happy with a diverse portfolio with stocks from many different industries with some that might be "safer" or worth a bit less than other options at the moment but still show year-over-year growth. It's why you don't see hedge funds invest all their money in every tech or healthcare stock hoping to hit the ones that goes boom. Balance is they key.

Circling back to hockey, Virtanen and Nylander/Ehlers are very different types of players. When the Canucks already have high performing players that are like Nylander/Ehlers in Boeser and Pettersson there's more or comparable value in having a diversity of players that bring different things even if they don't score as many points as the pure offense types.

Reactions: Canucks1096

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
It would be nice to see Virtanen try to expand his set of moves. I don't think I've seen him once try to cut back in when he does his power move on the outside. For all the times that we criticize young players about trying to do too much when they have the puck (Leipsic), Virtanen's the opposite. He's just not doing enough with the puck.

Reactions: THE Green Man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad