Player Discussion Jake Virtanen (MOD WARNING POST 755)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Lind passed Jake in the depth charts in his first game. Hogs did the same. Jake will hopefully be taken by Seattle.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Jake is the heartbeat of this management group. He is the model, he is the example, the golden child.

I think Jimbo sees a bit of himself in old jakey boy. Clueless, lost, unprepared, out of shape, unskilled, unaware, bringing no single valuable asset to the table, simply just doesn't know what he's doing but still get's trotted out night after night, like clockwork, the definition of insanity.

A fish out of water. Meat and potatoes except it's served raw and cold and will probably make you sick

Larry I think literally any player who has put on a Nucks uniform in the last 5 years has outperformed Jake.

Will he pick up an assist before his 40th game played? Stay tuned

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
MODERATOR NOTICE:

With allegations swirling on social media about certain players, please remember our Site Rules - posting defamatory information without a link to a credible media source is not permitted.

8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I think when you consider his performance relative to expectations, the opportunity cost of drafting him and later qualifying him, his apparent lack of dedication and professionalism, and all the off-ice stuff, you can make a strong argument that Jake is the worst Canuck of all-time.

Reactions: bossram and B-rock

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I think when you consider his performance relative to expectations, the opportunity cost of drafting him and later qualifying him, his apparent lack of dedication and professionalism, and all the off-ice stuff, you can make a strong argument that Jake is the worst Canuck of all-time.
Worse than Messier?

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Even if the rumours turn out to be completely untrue, the Canucks should have traded him instead of qualifying him.

No hindsight needed on that one.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
you mean a Swedish center(at that point could have still been one) that could learn behind hank and help replace the offense we lost from losing our #2 center that year.

yea a few of us wanted him lol

And I think some people also looked at Ehlers pretty closely.

But...hindsight, right?
:facepalm:

Reactions: racerjoe and vanuck

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
Yep, this was not hindsight. I recall a good number of posters thought we'd get Nylander instead.
My recollection is that by draft day the mood was there Virtanen would be picked, but of course there was plenty of people who didn't want that compared to Nylander and Ehlers (forgotten in this is that Nick Ritchie was wanted by a handful as well

Jessop's Virtanen Is Good. So Don’t Draft Him article has obviously aged like a fine wine

Reactions: iceburg and vanuck

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Contract termination incoming.

Maybe he can take Kovys spot at Avangard
What possible reason could the Canucks be able to terminate Jake’s contract? Is there a “must come in shape to camp” clause?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
My recollection is that by draft day the mood was there Virtanen would be picked, but of course there was plenty of people who didn't want that compared to Nylander and Ehlers (forgotten in this is that Nick Ritchie was wanted by a handful as well

Jessop's Virtanen Is Good. So Don’t Draft Him article has obviously aged like a fine wine
There were rumours management wanted him, and he was within a group of very good prospects in the same range (he wasn't a total reach), but most thought he was at the bottom of that group (Nylander, Ehlers, Ritchie, Fleury and Virtanen).

There were certainly reasons to like Virtanen within that group, but as with any power forward, there was risk, and obviously he didn't turn out.

As someone who hoped the team picked Ritchie, i have no high horse on this matter (i had Ehlers as my #2, and Nylander as my #3, if I recall correctly).

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
This may be a loophole to frustrate his contract. Not sure if they have a clause in there when players act unbecoming of a professional.

I’m not chiming in on if he’s guilty or innocent because people a lot smarter than me may need to figure that out in court etc. I know the self righteous crowd will want to cancel him without due course because that seems to be the cool thing to do now.

Reactions: I am toxic

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
This may be a loophole to frustrate his contract. Not sure if they have a clause in there when players act unbecoming of a professional.

I’m not chiming in on if he’s guilty or innocent because people a lot smarter than me may need to figure that out in court etc. I know the self righteous crowd will want to cancel him without due course because that seems to be the cool thing to do now.
I mean i dont really use twitter for anything except "art" purposes anyways, but i would stay away from the hockey side of it for the time being.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Even if the rumours turn out to be completely untrue, the Canucks should have traded him instead of qualifying him.

No hindsight needed on that one.

What rumor? (against rules to link I guess). I feel like I'm missing something.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Yeah, a number of posts were (rightfully) deleted.

I believe that Benning should have traded Virtanen in the offseason rather than qualifying him, that's the main point.

Thanks. I just Googled it. Some serious allegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad