Kerfoot-oreilly- lafferty
Aston-reese-
kampf-acciari

Rielly-Schenn
Mccabe-
Brodie
gio- holl/liljegren/gustafsson

samsonov/Murray

how it can be the same team when half of actual team was not there last season?
Definitely a decent upgrade. Anyone arguing otherwise is out to lunch.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Because all they did was replace a few duds with a few other duds.

The proverbial shuffling of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

None of those guys are of any consequence. Interchangeable bottom of the roster scrubs. The core is still the same.

The fact you have Luke Schenn pencilled in as 1RHD tell me everything I need to know about how good you really think this teams defense is.
And the core was not the problem last year.... the depht was...soYES changing the depht, thats changing a lot of thing... if we removing empty net goal, leafs core matthews,marner, jt,nylander rielly scored 68 % of leafs goal...

Just as exemple tampa core (kucherov, point, palat, stamkos, hedman) last season like last 3 year on playoff scored 53% of tampa goal

Last season colorado core (mackinnon, rantanen, landeskog, kadri and makar) 52 % of colorado goal

And 1RHD is brodie not schenn...

Last edited:

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
How many coaches and GM's did they go through before finally winning it all?

I don't think this core will get it done on their own.

Instead of remaking the defense and bottom of the roster they should have traded Marner.

If Dubas' had even an inkling of survival instinct he would have made the BIG move.

Instead of repeating the same mistake he already made.
If you have zero belief in the management and the players, why are you wasting your time here posting? Click on your profile name on the top right, and hit logout.

There's a million other things you could be doing that are much more fulfilling and rewarding. :thumbu:

1679398351534.png

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
And the core was not the problem last year.... the depht was...soYES changing the depht, thats changing a lot of thing... if we removing empty net goal, leafs core matthews,marner, jt,nylander rielly scored 68 % of leafs goal...

Just as exemple tampa core (kucherov, point, palat, stamkos, hedman) last season like last 3 year on playoff scored 53% of tampa goal

Last season colorado core (mackinnon, rantanen, landeskog, kadri and makar) 52 % of colorado goal

And 1RHD is brodie not schenn...
How many goals have the top end guys scored in the nine or ten elimination games that they have lost?

Sorry, but the top end players are just as responsible for them losing as the lack of depth.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
How many coaches and GM's did they go through before finally winning it all?
Dunno, I wasn't counting. Point is that they did win, and the people saying the same things about them that you're saying about the Leafs now were wrong.

Nobody knows if the Leafs will win or not, but thinking it can't happen shows a lack of understanding of how the world of professional sports works.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
If you have zero belief in the management and the players, why are you wasting your time here posting? Click on your profile name on the top right, and hit logout.

There's a million other things you could be doing that are much more fulfilling and rewarding. :thumbu:

View attachment 673248
Or, here's a real galaxy master brain stroke: if you don't like what I say, mute me.

I'm just going to write the same thing again tomorrow anyway, whether you like it or not, so I would recommend muting me.

Otherwise I can only assume you enjoy reading my unfulfilling and unrewarding comments.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's like drinking the wine at a funeral.

Just cause there is a corpse in front of you doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself.
Do you also like spending a lot of time telling everyone how the guy's going to die and mocking all the people who think he might live?

Or, here's a real galaxy master brain stroke: if you don't like what I say, mute me.

I'm just going to write the same thing again tomorrow anyway, whether you like it or not, so I would recommend muting me.

Otherwise I can only assume you enjoy reading my unfulfilling and unrewarding comments.
Why?

Reactions: bax

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Dunno, I wasn't counting. Point is that they did win, and the people saying the same things about them that you're saying about the Leafs now were wrong.

Nobody knows if the Leafs will win or not, but thinking it can't happen shows a lack of understanding of how the world of professional sports works.
Thinking it can't happen shows a very good understanding of sports actually.

It is very difficult to win the cup even for the best of teams. The Stanley Cup is apparently the hardest trophy to win in all sports, so I've been told. So there is a much better chance the Leafs don't win the cup than they do.

It's those who think they CAN win the cup that are showing delusions of grandeur and lack of understanding of professional sports.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Thinking it can't happen shows a very good understanding of sports actually.

It is very difficult to win the cup even for the best of teams. The Stanley Cup is apparently the hardest trophy to win in all sports, so I've been told. So there is a much better chance the Leafs don't win the cup than they do.

It's those who think they CAN win the cup that are showing delusions of grandeur and lack of understanding of professional sports.
Difficult and can't happen are two very different things. If you don't even understand that much ...

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
How many goals have the top end guys scored in the nine or ten elimination games that they have lost?

Sorry, but the top end players are just as responsible for them losing as the lack of depth.
Last 3 year leafs played 7 elimination game

Leafs top 6 scored 13 of 14 leafs goal 93% of leafs goal...

Reactions: Discoverer

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

Total goal of tampa top 6 in eliminatiom game

2022 :7 of 13 (54%)in 6 elimination game 1.17 goal/game from top 6 line
2021 :6 of 13 in 7 elimination game (46%) 0.86 goal/game
2020: 11 of 15 (73%)in 6 eliminarion game 1.83 goal/game

Total 24 in 41( 58%) and 1.26 goal/game

So yes tampa top line with 1.26 goal/game was fantastic during elimination game and reason why tampa won but leafs top line at 1.86 goal/game was trash and the reason why they lost

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
McCabe was someone I was pushing for, along with Edmundson in that free agency class. I thought he would be a younger Muzzin replacement and had less tread on the tires.

Rough first year in Chicago coming off a knee injury but since then, quite solid.

He's definitely top 4 caliber and solid all around.
Liked him since his Buffalo days

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Total goal of tampa top 6 in eliminatiom game

2022 :7 of 13 (54%)in 6 elimination game 1.17 goal/game from top 6 line
2021 :6 of 13 in 7 elimination game (46%) 0.86 goal/game
2020: 11 of 15 (73%)in 6 eliminarion game 1.83 goal/game

Total 24 in 41( 58%) and 1.26 goal/game

So yes tampa top line with 1.26 goal/game was fantastic during elimination game and reason why tampa won but leafs top line at 1.86 goal/game was trash and the reason why they lost
I'm sorry, but you seem to be confused.

Elimination games, as in a game that a team will no longer be playing in after if they lose. A chance to send a contender home, or be sent home. Usually game six and game seven, though game five can be I closed on the Montreal series.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I'm sorry, but you seem to be confused.

Elimination games, as in a game that a team will no longer be playing in after if they lose. A chance to send a contender home, or be sent home. Usually game six and game seven, though game five can be I closed on the Montreal series.

And tampa played 4 series ( so at least 4 elimination game) in last 3 season and played 6 or 7 elimination game during those 4 series... Whats the problem here?

Toronto played 2 vs cbs, 3 vs mtl, 2 vs tb = 7

Exemple last season tampa played 2 vs toronto, 1 vs florida, 1 vs nyr and 2 vs colorado 2+1+1+2=6

Tampa played 19 elimination game last 3 seasom

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
And tampa played 4 series ( so at least 4 elimination game) in last 3 season and played 6 or 7 elimination game during those 4 series... Whats the problem here?

Exemple last season tampa played 2 vs toronto, 1 vs florida, 1 vs nyr and 2 vs colorado 2+1+1+2=6

Last 3 year leafs played 7 elimination game

Leafs top 6 scored 13 of 14 leafs goal 93% of leafs goal...
Game 7 Tampa 2 Leafs 1
Leafs scorer: Rielly

Game 6 Tampa 4 Leafs 3
Leafs scorers: Tavares X2, Matthews 1

Game 7 Habs 3 Tor 1
Leafs scorer: Nylander

Game 6 Habs 3 Leafs 2
Leafs scorers: Spezza, Brodie

Game 5 Habs 4 Leafs 3
Leafs scorers: Hyman, Muzzinx2

Game 5 Columbus 3 Leafs 0

Game 4 Leafs 4 Columbus 3
Leafs scorers: Hyman, Tavares, Nylander

In total:

Tavares: 3
Matthews: 1
Marner: 0
Nylander: 2

That's the core four I was referring to. They are the ones making half the cap. They scored 6 goals in 7 elimination games the last three years, losing every time.

Thats not good enough.

Tampa played enough series to have a lot of elimination games.

The Leafs did not.

The Leafs can't have played six or seven elimination games each year when they went out in the first time every time.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Game 7 Tampa 2 Leafs 1
Leafs scorer: Rielly

Game 6 Tampa 4 Leafs 3
Leafs scorers: Tavares X2, Matthews 1

Game 7 Habs 3 Tor 1
Leafs scorer: Nylander

Game 6 Habs 3 Leafs 2
Leafs scorers: Spezza, Brodie

Game 5 Habs 4 Leafs 3
Leafs scorers: Hyman, Muzzinx2

Game 5 Columbus 3 Leafs 0

Game 4 Leafs 4 Columbus 3
Leafs scorers: Hyman, Tavares, Nylander

In total:

Tavares: 3
Matthews: 1
Marner: 0
Nylander: 2

That's the core four I was referring to. They are the ones making half the cap. They scored 6 goals in 7 elimination games the last three years, losing every time.

Thats not good enough.

Not because they didn't scored than they didn't made play

How many goal point, stamkos, kucherov scored elimination game?

2020 : 2
2021: 4
2022 5

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Been our best defenceman since the trade. Knew he was a physical stay at home type of guy but didn’t think he was as good of a skater as he is.

Reactions: Larcos_Unal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad