Tribute Jake McCabe

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I even liked him prior to tonight's game! His greatest contribution will obviously be on the defensive end. It'd be tough to say that he hasn't lived up to expectations in that regard.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
I like him. I don't like that he was our big defensive add. He's a no.5 at the end of the day on a team that needed a top 4. Our opponents are scary, don't get comfy with guys like McCabe.

Reactions: Havoc

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
You can remove him from the lineup tomorrow and our cup odds won't decrease

So starved for non-soft players any player with some grit makes you guys ouuuu and awe.

In the last 4 games this guy's pinches or failed passes has caused an odd man rush the other way. Good luck with that in the playoffs.

Even Justin Holl knows how to direct his blocked shots away from tap ins.

I'm with the people who think our backend was too soft, but then it also got too slow. You fix the speed first with 1st round picks or add some skill whose passes or IQ can make up a lot of the ice quickly (you can be an average or slow skater but still be "fast" if that makes sense).... not add Jake McCabes to reinforce how slow and unskilled it is.

Last edited:

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I would say McCabe and Kerfoot really turned their luck around.

A puck for luck.

Jake could very well be the D man a team would need for a deep run.

Last edited:

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019

So starved for non-soft players any player with some grit makes you guys ouuuu and awe.

In the last 4 games this guy's pinches or failed passes has caused an odd man rush the other way. Good luck with that in the playoffs.

I'm with the people who think our backend was too soft, but then it also got too slow. You fix the speed first with 1st round picks or add some skill whose passes or IQ can make up a lot of the ice quickly (you can be an average or slow skater but still be "fast" if that makes sense).... not add Jake McCabes to reinforce how slow and unskilled it is.
Seriously, you're faulting him for a shot block that went to the opposition for the goal, because he should have directed it in a different direction
- have you ever played the game?

I like him. I don't like that he was our big defensive add. He's a no.5 at the end of the day on a team that needed a top 4. Our opponents are scary, don't get comfy with guys like McCabe.
I disagree. I see him as an ideal second pair dman who brings attributes the team desperately needed.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020

Jesus dude,

I've noticed a trend with you, you complain about the weirdest things. Are you sure you're a Leafs fan. McCabes been a great addition.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
We only have 1 good pairing , Gio-Lil (I don't even know what's going on here, Keefe doesn't seem to like Lil).

The other pairings aren't anything to write home about as far as defending upper tier of the league. McCabe is useless as far as defending the top 6es we are about to face. Too slow too.

By 2023 Jake McCabe should be depth solidification, not a 2 week bandaid identify fix. Jake McCabe is the symbol representing we failed replacing Muzzin. A player we were given a year heads up in advance we probably can't count on anymore.

Reactions: IPS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad