Speculation: Jake Gardiner to Chicago or Minnesota?

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
Oh no, im talking about people that willfully ignore statistics and instead use their eyes lmao.

I think you don't realize half the fun of this website is laughing at the HF hivemind.
Talk about pot calling the kettle black!

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
God thats awful for Chicago.. I dont buy it.

I cant wait to see a team fork over a crap load of money for him. He will win the offseason title for most overpaid free agent

Skinner and his full NTC will be hard to beat but I could see a team screwing up with Gardiner for sure.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Get real he can put up over 40 points and takes the toughest matchups on the team. The Gardiner hate is unreal.

Gardiner lacks common sense in high intensity situations. I'm surprised you didn't realize that after two years of game 7 blunders. He was the perfect definition of air head in both games.

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
The guy gets alot of hate but he is a very good player. If he leaves Toronto people might judge him by his talents more than the jersey, hope he stays but hope he does well either way

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Yup. I think the chances of him getting traded are incredibly low, but as long as we have no long-term answer at 1C and a very strong blueline... can't rule it out completely.

Yep that makes a bit more sense. I can't think of a young #1 center that I would approve of that would be available in a 1 for 1 trade. I'm an unusualy big fan of Dumba and I think he'll be our one true superstar that we've never had on this team.

It would be nice if Krebs is available at #12 (although I'm not holding my breath) he might be our answer in a couple of years, he fits in with our new young core.

As for Gardiner he's a big no in my POV.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
for me, Gardiner is and will be a quick fix on a short term contract.

Gardiner is a 27 or 28 yr old UFA I doubt he signs anything less than 6 years and most likely he ends up being overpaid.

Imo if Stan makes this asinine move to not only over pay , tie up a roster spot and waste precious cap space on a puck moving defenseman he should be handed his walking papers,

Chicago has a ton of small puck moving defenseman along with 2 declining un moveable defenseman.

All blacks

Dec 18, 2017
Ok let’s say they do sign him,he will play with seabrook for sure,and most likely 2nd unit PP.3rd unit would be Murphy with who?I could see Forsling traded for draft choice,Dahlstrom being sent down or traded,KK being the 7th d man,Henry staying in Rockford.Then Who?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
He isn't terrible but he'll probably be able to sign for something terrible. I don't think it'll be in MIN unless Spurge wants too much too keep.
It may have been disaster colored glasses but I thought Brodin and Spurgeon were great together. Gardiner + either one would be a pretty big downgrade as far as how that pair was used by Bruce.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I've watched, at the very least, eighty percent of the games he's played in the National Hockey League and I wouldn't want him on my team at all unless I was paying him $2.5 million tops and he was a bottom pair guy who I used on the power play.

He's got a ten cent head.

Ok so you just dont evaluate things well.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Signing another Dman at 5-6M to play 3rd pairing in MN makes no sense It's blindingly obvious that what they need is scoring talent up front...don't ask me to explain why they are trading one such forward in Zucker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad