Speculation: Jake Gardiner to Chicago or Minnesota?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Lmao, RAPM is isolated stats. It takes into account teammates.

Exits/entries/shot contributions/entry zone defense are heavily influenced by the player no matter their team.

Points are influenced by luck + team, so yes you got 1/10 ways to evaluate a player correct.

Yes, clearly *I* am the person who has trouble evaluating players, not you.

Classic! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Why do I even bother with guys like you lmao.

I should know better.

If you're gonna stop talking with people here who think Jake Gardiner isn't as good as Duncan Keith, you're going to find this a very, very, very lonely place.

In fact, you might just find that it's an echo chamber.

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
I've watched, at the very least, eighty percent of the games he's played in the National Hockey League and I wouldn't want him on my team at all unless I was paying him $2.5 million tops and he was a bottom pair guy who I used on the power play.

He's got a ten cent head.

Get real he can put up over 40 points and takes the toughest matchups on the team. The Gardiner hate is unreal.

Reactions: P10p and Morgs

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
If you're gonna stop talking with people here who think Jake Gardiner isn't as good as Duncan Keith, you're going to find this a very, very, very lonely place.

In fact, you might just find that it's an echo chamber.

Oh no, im talking about people that willfully ignore statistics and instead use their eyes lmao.

I think you don't realize half the fun of this website is laughing at the HF hivemind.

Reactions: P10p

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Oh no, im talking about people that willfully ignore statistics and instead use their eyes lmao.

I think you don't realize half the fun of this website is laughing at the HF hivemind.

Yup.

You think Jake Gardiner is better than Duncan Keith and it's you that is laughing at people that disagree with that.

Makes perfect sense.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
I mean the OP is one of those people that tries to spin everything into hate for the GM but come on man. Gardiner would not easily be the best defensman on the hawks. :laugh:

Keith has declined but he’s still a top pairing defender and we already have own better version of Gardiner in Erik Gustafssson.

Gustafsson is what other fans think Gardiner is.

That said, it doesn't seem like the Hawks need another puckmover necessarily and need more of a stable defensive guy so signing him may not be the best for them.

horner

May 22, 2007
Gardiner is better than keith easy at this point in his career, and far better than Gus. Gards gets a bad rap for his turnovers, but he's excellent at driving offense and always grades out well above average defensively.

Whats even funnier is his turnover numbers aren't really that bad, people just want to find something to hate.
In the big games
Boston he crumbles, he can't get ride of the puck quick enough.
Not just because he had a bad back this yr.
The previous yr Boston game 7 , he was a tire fire.
As I said good offensively but defensively he is not good.
Maybe in a different system he will be better.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
In the big games
Boston he crumbles, he can't get ride of the puck quick enough.
Not just because he had a bad back this yr.
The previous yr Boston game 7 , he was a tire fire.
As I said good offensively but defensively he is not good.
Maybe in a different system he will be better.

Lmao come on.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Not interested as a Hawks fan, our defense is bad enough. We don't need another Seabrook.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Whoever signs him is getting a very good player.

Sure he has his gaffs but the positives he brings far outweigh the negatives.

On a more structured team he should really thrive.
I agree - as a Bruins fan who watched him for the past 8 seasons it seems like people are just ripping into him because of the 2 game 7s really. If he plays with a team that is more defensive than the Leafs or if they pair him with a steady RD then I bet he ends up as one of the best signings rather than one of the most overpaid ones. That being said I'm not sure Chicago is going to be the best team for him.

Reactions: weems

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
This guy dragged Zaitsev down and some leafs fans still think he is good?? I was a big fan of Jake, I Don.t want to see him play another minute in a Leafs Jersey pls Dubas let him gooo

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
It would probably be Brodin, but I don't think it'd have to be.

Suter - Dumba
Gardiner - Spurgeon

Suter - Dumba
Gardiner - Brodin

Suter - Spurgeon
Gardiner - Brodin

Those all look like viable pairings to me. The first would be ideal, but if the right offer for one of the RD came along...

It's unlikely, but if it did happen Gardiner (along with Faulk) would be at the top of my list for a top-4 replacement.

In that 3rd group of top 4 D you forgot Dumba, I hope you don't think he'll still be injured at the beginning of the season because he sure as hell won't get traded. The only spots Gardiner could fill would be insurence in case of an injury or play bottom 3 pairing and at his price that's not happening in both cases.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
In that 3rd group of top 4 D you forgot Dumba, I hope you don't think he'll still be injured at the beginning of the season because he sure as hell won't get traded. The only spots Gardiner could fill would be insurence in case of an injury or play bottom 3 pairing and at his price that's not happening in both cases.

I believe he covered that with the "if the right offer for one of the RD came along..." bit.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I believe he covered that with the "if the right offer for one of the RD came along..." bit.
Yup. I think the chances of him getting traded are incredibly low, but as long as we have no long-term answer at 1C and a very strong blueline... can't rule it out completely.

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
McGuire and Russo looked at where he was born and figured these two clubs as likely as any other. We are three weeks out from free agency, with a draft (and all that accompanies that) to observe before we could have any idea of UFA targets. The only team that I see as having tipped its hand is Philadelphia with Hayes. Otherwise, all of this is media trying to stay relevant until real news happens. Go figure they choose to talk about a lightning rod type player like Gardiner, that ought to be worth some clicks.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Sorry for the interruption, I think the topic was Keith vs Gardiner or was it the hate being unwarranted? Enjoy.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah you got in before I was done editing

I mean, on one hand, yeah if we can get a LD for free and then trade one of them for pieces that we need, could be a decent strategy. On the other hand, I doubt Gardiner is going to take that much of a hometown discount, if any, and I have no interest in signing a 29 year old Gardiner to a 7x7.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I mean, on one hand, yeah if we can get a LD for free and then trade one of them for pieces that we need, could be a decent strategy. On the other hand, I doubt Gardiner is going to take that much of a hometown discount, if any, and I have no interest in signing a 29 year old Gardiner to a 7x7.
No idea what he will do but I wish him the best.

Reactions: mulefarm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad