Injury Report: Jake Gardiner - Now Week-to-Week

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
A lot more guys had spasms and continued to play productive hockey for a long time afterwords.

Never said otherwise.

Lupul played productive hockey after his back surgery as well.

Just saying, if Gardiner needs to have surgery, I hope it's not similar to what Lupul had to have done, because Lupul's rehab took a while, and his career was cut short years after he was back playing.

Reactions: Warden of the North

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
This could also be absolutely nothing. Babcock's phrasing can be a little overly dramatic sometimes. This could just be him saying "don't ask me what's up with him that's the doctor's job" which he says in one way or another every time there is an injury.

I think everyone is jumping to conclusions a bit too quickly.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
oh high ankle sprains are terrible, leave him in the marlies. Take a look at sandin then? he was injured too wasn't he

Briefly but nothing serious. Doubt he comes up though.

It'll be Calle Rosen. Out-side chance of Liljegren later in March maybe.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I knew we should have added a couple depth defense. Defense injuries are common place. And they happen out of nowhere sometimes. We should have been ready for this. This is upsetting.

On good news front we may see Sandin faster than expected. My son texted me that Sandin was told this morning he may be brought up for playoffs if Gards is out for season.

Anyone hear what happened to Gards? Is it serious? I am going to game tonight so I will find out at game from some friends.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Again, wrong. If you think the Leafs are intentionally benching their second best defenseman, you do not understand hockey.
well i mean, he isn't our second best defenseman, so i'm not sure what you were getting at. All i was referring to is the fact that he didn't appear injured and was making a sarcastic remark as to where he may be.

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
This could also be absolutely nothing. Babcock's phrasing can be a little overly dramatic sometimes. This could just be him saying "don't ask me what's up with him that's the doctor's job" which he says in one way or another every time there is an injury.

True, but based on both his and Rielly's comments, it sounds a bit more serious than that

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

After he was asked if Gardiner is playing tonight, he looked to the PR guy asking if the announcement was made yet, then proceeded to say Gardiner wasn't playing and he'll let someone else make the announcement.

They've already said he's day to day.

So this isn't a regular occurrence.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
A lot more guys had spasms and continued to play productive hockey for a long time afterwords.

Oh for sure!

I have been an athlete my whole life, and as a competitive olympic/powerlifter, back spasms can happen with any serious QL or lower lumber injury.

They are painful, but go away with proper treatment.

Worst case would be 6 weeks, mine was 2-3 weeks, and Jake would have the best treatments.

Unless of course his is related to disk/vertebrae, that can be much worse :(

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
I hope this is the case. It will be amazing if this is indeed the case.

Literally the worst thing that could have happened.
- Trade Gardiner and you have assets.
- Keep Gardiner to not break the room and have a better chance to go deep in the playoffs even tough you know you will lose him

- Now, none of the above will happen. We will play without Gardiner and of course without any future assets.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I feel bad for Holl. Sitting all year and you get your big break but an inferior player is going to play instead.

I don’t think either of them are NHLers but at least give the kid a game here.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Should have traded after being booed. Maybe injury wouldn't have happened. His play was in decline anyways from the booing on.

Bad read by Dubas. You dont hang on to booed out players.

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Good and bad news

Dubas failed so bad not adding depth at the deadline. Huge fail

Gardiner sucks so won’t be huge loss but we have nobody to replace him

He added Muzzin, Ozhiganov, Tavares, Ennis & Petan in the last 8 months.

That's pretty good depth.

I guess you just wanted it all to happen in February?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
That would be a crazy development. Gardiner's UFA value would drop off the table. The Leafs' left side would now be sorted out by default: Rielly, Dermott, Muzzin. Right side: Hainsey, Zaitsev, Ozhiganov.
Maybe the Leafs can get him re-signed at a deal that works.
As annoying as he is, if Dubas could lock him up for 4.5 AVV that would be fantastic.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo

Could be, but this was different than previous times Babs has talked about an injury.

He was asked the question and then turned and asked someone from the team standing off camera if the team had made an announcement. Then when told no, he responded to the journalist and said "We didn't make an announcement on Gards. He is not playing tonight. I will let someone else make the announcement."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad