Injury Report: Jake Gardiner - Now Week-to-Week

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The sheer stupidity of some of you people.

How does Gardiner being injured long term help in the slightest at this point in time? So ****ing uninformed. These people are the reason we have a bad reputation. Pure stupidity.
It doesn’t. It’s awful especially if he was bet on as an own rental.

Reactions: LeafChief

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
FWIW, Joffery Lupul dealt with back spasms before his back surgery, and it affected him even after with us, right up to when he was sent to the Island.

I really hope Gardiner doesn't have a similar issue as Lupul did.

Reactions: Mork

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I hope he's okay. I don't think it's a season ending surgery but it's likely to be a couple weeks.

Rotate Ozhiganov and Holl in to keep them in "game shape".

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What if we're trading him to a non-playoff team :sarcasm:

(Trades can still be made but players wouldn't be eligible for playoffs)

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I guess this means Oz slots back in and the D pairings will adjust as:

Rielly-Hainsey
Muzzin-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I hope he's okay. I don't think it's a season ending surgery but it's likely to be a couple weeks.

Rotate Ozhiganov and Holl in to keep them in "game shape".

giphy.gif

GdRt52D

Reactions: puckbunnygirl

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The timing is so weird though. He's played 60 of 62 games.

Depending upon the circumstances, since when doesn't the team just say "day-to-day" with no other details at this time of year?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
lilly up for a 9 game look? why not we are playing boston in the playoffs. see what we have got but seriously that's what the depth is there for

Reactions: Notsince67

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'd guess the D pairs revert back to what they were prior to the Muzzin acquisition, with Muzzin obviously replacing Gardiner. Hope it isn't what the announcement seems to suggest. Gardiner plays an important role not easily replaced. Just the same, good teams have to persevere when the chips are down.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a healthy Rosen recalled at some point though. Especially as I figure he'll be on the team next season.

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
FWIW, Joffery Lupul dealt with back spasms before his back surgery, and it affected him even after with us, right up to when he was sent to the Island.

I really hope Gardiner doesn't have a similar issue as Lupul did.

A lot more guys had spasms and continued to play productive hockey for a long time afterwords.

Reactions: DanM

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hopefully Gardiner called Babs an idiot for his D pairing choices and he’s just suspended by the team for a game

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
lilly up for a 9 game look? why not we are playing boston in the playoffs. see what we have got but seriously that's what the depth is there for

He's just getting back from a High Ankle Sprain.

Dubas said around December that they saw Liljegren competing for a spot later this season.

The injury may have prevented that. However if Gardiner is out long-term, who knows.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The timing is so weird though. He's played 60 of 62 games.

Depending upon the circumstances, since when doesn't the team just say "day-to-day" with no other details at this time of year?
We need more info on the injury.
If it’s an injury where the doctors say it can’t get worse by playing but can’t get better, then obviously he played until he just couldn’t do it.
The loss sucks but it’s the man’s career. I don’t want anyone hurt beyond repair.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
He's just getting back from a High Ankle Sprain.

Dubas said around December that they saw Liljegren competing for a spot later this season.

The injury may have prevented that. However if Gardiner is out long-term, who knows.

oh high ankle sprains are terrible, leave him in the marlies. Take a look at sandin then? he was injured too wasn't he

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad