Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk III: Signs 2 Years 3.675 AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Great deal! Thrilled to have Cellyszn back! Bridge deal and then we will see where he is at for a longer contract. Sweeney did a good job here. Nothing to hate about it!

Reactions: bbfan419

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
love it. Would like to seer Jake get some time with Pasta this year. That could be our top line wing pair in the not so distant future.

edit: Thinking about what the lineup looks like to start. Jake will be the top LW with Marchand out.

DeBrusk-Krejci-Smith
Bjork-Bergeron-Kase
Kuraly-Coyle-Studnicka
Ritchie-Lindholm-Wagner

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
A tad more than I wanted but I'm glad about 2 years. That should be motivation for him to reach his potential.
If he can get to 30g30a, I'm happy to pay him $6m on the next contract.

Reactions: DKH

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I haven't been paying attention. Who's left that would fit under the cap?

we have around 3 mill that isnt being spent on salaries at this point... exact number is hard to calculate since theres ltir's and other factors to take into account...

trouble is that kevan miller and jaroslav halak have easy to reach bonus money. chances are we are going to be paying them close to 2 mill xtra that isnt currently calcuated

so... in a very broad sense of math you can say we got a bit over a million dollars of flexible money that realistically might be spent without getting into penalties

chara is the obvious name out there that isnt signed and makes some sense he could be back. giving chara a million base salary and then some bonus structure would very likely eat up most of our flexibility at this point

however we would still technically be under the cap since the bonuses dont count until the end of the year. we will have alot of wiggle room at trade deadline to add whatever we needed

ladies and gentleman... what you see today is the bruin team that will be starting the year {barring any trades and/or the possible chara signing}

expect to see at least 2 and maybe 3 providence kids start the year with us {made more possible by the injuries to marchand/pastrnak} and if these kids pan out then great..

if not, we will be able to address issues at deadline time so its not a huge problem for us

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I'd say calling it a freakin' steal is just as ridiculous.
Far from a steal for such a vanilla player. Non-physical, disappears for looong stretches, Hates confrontation and is just plain boring. I sure am glad to have this dynamic individual back.

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
That gives us what about $3 million left over. If we can trade Moore, wouldnt we have enough to sign Hoffman to $4.5 to 5 million?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Solid deal. Glad they kept him under 4.

Hope he takes some more steps forward this year

The term and the money are fine. Two years for the guy to prove he deserves the dough, and the clock will be ticking.

Now we'll see if he can learn to be a consistant presence, one who doesn't disappear when he goes, frequently, cold. What does he do other than score, when he's "hot"? Nothing.

I would have traded his backside, but a short deal is fine. Someone said Sweeney's greatest strength's is negotiating these kinds of deals.

Correct.

Too bad neither he, or Neely, can do much else.

It's all "Meh" to me. They're going to be mediocre, MOC going forward. I still hope both president and GM will be fired. But I'll have to wait two years for that, as Monty rakes in his dollars and the ship continues to list.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Another good bridge deal here. Donny playing to his strengths in this area. The contract also keeps DeBrusk very tradeable if necessary. I hope Jake comes out and finds that extra gear he's been teasing for too long and a trade doesn't even have to be thought about, but at the same time he's our most valuable asset that we'd actually be willing to shift for the right return. Looking forward to seeing how he goes next year, whenever we actually get a season.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Solid deal. Glad they kept him under 4.

Hope he takes some more steps forward this year

The term and the money are fine. Two years for the guy to prove he deserves the dough, and the clock will be ticking.

Now we'll see if he can learn to be a consistant presence, one who doesn't disappear when he goes, frequently, cold. What does he do other than score, when he's "hot"? Nothing.

I would have traded his backside, but a short deal is fine. Someone said Sweeney's greatest strength's is negotiating these kinds of deals.

Correct.

Too bad neither he, or Neely, can do much else.

It's all "Meh" to me. They're going to be mediocre, MOC going forward. I still hope both president and GM will be fired. But I'll have to wait two years for that, as Monty rakes in his dollars and the ship continues to list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad