Jake Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Anyone else see Allen's style as similar to Brodeur earlier in his career? They seem to have similar mannerisms in the way they reach to the puck.

EDIT: and no I am not saying Allen will be a hall of famer

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Am I the only one that thinks his current mask is 100 times better than any of those three? I think they all suck.

Im with ya 100%, his current mask is awesome. Those are all bad, I would vote for elkraino's mask though, that was a thing of beauty.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Anyone else see Allen's style as similar to Brodeur earlier in his career? They seem to have similar mannerisms in the way they reach to the puck.

EDIT: and no I am not saying Allen will be a hall of famer

Allen will NEVER EVER EVER EVER be anything like Brodeur EVER EVER EVER.

Duh.:sarcasm:

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
That's the on I voted for too. Even if I hate how every athlete in history whose first name is Jake gets the nickname "the snake."

I had a football autographed by a bunch of the '97 Arizona Cardinals. Looking back, Jake "The Snake" Plummer and Aneas were the only signatures worth the vinyl they were signed on.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I wouldn't call it bad, but I wouldn't call it great. He came up big at times and the defense screwed him over at times.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Not Allen's fault. Weise goal was a gimme. Then Pacioretty scoring two... When a guy like that is on a breakaway, he just made a good shot.

The Blues' goaltending has been fine.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Not Allen's fault. Weise goal was a gimme. Then Pacioretty scoring two... When a guy like that is on a breakaway, he just made a good shot.

The Blues' goaltending has been fine.

I'm glad you see it like that. It's just that i can imagine if Elliott was in Allen's place, there'd be some here who would call it a failure on Elliott's part as opposed Pacioretty making a good shot.

As an aside, i believe both goalies were due for a couple of bad games to normalize their numbers, because up til a few games ago, they were putting up some fairly unsustainable stats(at least over the course of an entire season). Elliott's right around his Blues' career average in GAA and save percentage at the moment, though i think those will trend upward a bit as the team transitions from a tight defensive scheme to one that favors more creativity and offense.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm glad you see it like that. It's just that i can imagine if Elliott was in Allen's place, there'd be some here who would call it a failure on Elliott's part as opposed Pacioretty making a good shot.

As an aside, i believe both goalies were due for a couple of bad games to normalize their numbers, because up til a few games ago, they were putting up some fairly unsustainable stats(at least over the course of an entire season). Elliott's right around his Blues' career average in GAA and save percentage at the moment, though i think those will trend upward a bit as the team transitions from a tight defensive scheme to one that favors more creativity and offense.
I wouldn't have blamed Elliott if he was in there either.

Patches scored 40 last year, and he's about on that same pace this year. He's a good goal scorer and that was a goal scorer's goal. He picked his spot and didn't miss a bit of it. Right now the only player on our team that can hit a target like that is Tarasenko, and he doesn't even get many breakaways. It seems like whenever we get a breakaway it's someone who fires wide half the time.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
He really really needs to work on down low on the stick side, it's becoming a noticeable weakness, and teams are gonna start keying on it when they figure it out (if they haven't already.)

If we play like we did against Ottawa, we're gonna lose. we need to step it up. Hopefully their goalie is as bad as advertised. Love for Cappy to just say forget it and load up on offense and put in pulock for strait and try to beat this team 7-5

A post from the Isles gdt before the game yesterday...I know Allen has been playing poorly his last few/several games, but I didn't realize he was advertised as being bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: BadNewsBlues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad