Confirmed with Link: Jagrwatch over - traded to Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Happy for Jags. The warm weather could prolong his career even more than his own desire to continue playing. And it's a great fit, with loads of young talent that need direction. I think the Nick Bjugstad-Jagr combination could be deadly.

What WE should have done is what Florida did: traded a winger for futures (Bergenheim), and then trade futures for Jagr.

Jagr could have made an impact. Winnik won't.

Such is life in Pit since '09...wrong decisions.

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

Pittsburgh might not have been interested in trading for him. But Jagr was done with Penguins 14 years ago and wants nothing to do with this organization. Jagr is to Pittsburgh what Keon was to the Maple Leafs. Neither really care about the team they once played so great for.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Happy for Jags. The warm weather could prolong his career even more than his own desire to continue playing. And it's a great fit, with loads of young talent that need direction. I think the Nick Bjugstad-Jagr combination could be deadly.

What WE should have done is what Florida did: traded a winger for futures (Bergenheim), and then trade futures for Jagr.

I'd have liked to see him back purely for nostalgia. He's really not a player who's going to make an impact anymore. He didn't in either postseason since coming back to the NHL.

I'm hoping we restock picks moving vets in the offseason though. Still holding out hope JR will surprise us and deal Kunitz to create space to bring in an upgrade for Malkin.

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

I'd have liked to see him back purely for nostalgia. He's really not a player who's going to make an impact anymore. He didn't in either postseason since coming back to the NHL.

I'm hoping we restock picks moving vets in the offseason though. Still holding out hope JR will surprise us and deal Kunitz to create space to bring in an upgrade for Malkin.

Jagr will help Florida make the play-offs

specialized

Jan 24, 2013

Well said.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Lol @ Jagr Nostalgia. You suckers. :laugh:

Jardo is this board's Ike Turner. He treats you like ****, is a shell of what he used to be, and yet, you beg to have him back year after year. At least we got two Cups and "Proud Mary" out of the deal.

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
I stopped caring about seeing Jags in a Pens uniform again about 4 years ago. The man is 42 years old and past it. Time to move on and let go of nostalgia.

Its more than about points, He would of been a good leader and would of boosted the powerplay.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Its more than about points, He would of been a good leader and would of boosted the powerplay.

Our team is already loaded with offensive talent and our PP still stinks. This has been a running theme for years now. Do you really think that a 42-year old Jagr would've instantly changed this? Most he would've likely done is bumped Kuni off of it, but chances are we'd still see Sid playing along the half-wall, and Letang playing at the right point.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I hope this isn't a case of Jagr vs Tyler Kennedy part 2. Ray kept TK and didn't go for Jagr and it burned us. Winnik is better than TK and Jagr is older but all the same I can help but wondering if we'd have been better off with Jagr.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
As much as some of us would love to see Jagr ride off into the sunset a Penguins jersey, it's all thinking with emotions. I don't think he'd have been horrible on Geno's wing, but that's not the direction we need to be headed in. Time to get younger and faster. Jagr's still got some offense left in the tank, for sure, but I'd rather we try to get someone who is gonna be around for the long haul.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I hope this isn't a case of Jagr vs Tyler Kennedy part 2. Ray kept TK and didn't go for Jagr and it burned us. Winnik is better than TK and Jagr is older but all the same I can help but wondering if we'd have been better off with Jagr.

There's a pretty good chance that Lamoriello wouldn't have moved him within the division. Hell, he wouldn't even trade the Pens a draft pick for Skoula, he used the Leafs as a go between.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
There's a pretty good chance that Lamoriello wouldn't have moved him within the division. Hell, he wouldn't even trade the Pens a draft pick for Skoula, he used the Leafs as a go between.

That is a huge reason why I never really felt like he was coming here. Its like a trade with the Flyers... its just not a something a longtime GM of a division team is comfortable doing...

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
As much as some of us would love to see Jagr ride off into the sunset a Penguins jersey, it's all thinking with emotions. I don't think he'd have been horrible on Geno's wing, but that's not the direction we need to be headed in. Time to get younger and faster. Jagr's still got some offense left in the tank, for sure, but I'd rather we try to get someone who is gonna be around for the long haul.

He has hardly anything left in the tank by the time he gets to the playoffs + he would have been a huge distraction so... Bon voyage!

hermes3893*

THANK GOD. I could not believe that he was seriously being considered to join the Pens.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam

If only GMJR had access to your fountain of knowledge.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

Never change. Never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad