Confirmed with Link: Jagrwatch over - traded to Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contender

Sep 22, 2014
Pretty weird considering the Panthers aren't even a playoff team yet, could be but not a given. At least the weather can help those old bones.

I'd rather try to get him in the off season when he's cheaper.

Xavier Laflamme*

Thank god we didn't pay that price. Should help the Panthers and their quest to make the playoffs during these final 20 games. I'd love to see them knock the Bruins out of the playoff race..

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm just happy hes not coming to the pens.

That's a heck of a return for New Jersey, that 2nd round pick could easily be somewhere around the 40th-45th pick this year.

Xavier Laflamme*

Boston will still get in regardless of this trade, they'll do something before Monday.

They just lost 8 of their last 10 games, some of those losses coming to some pretty bad teams (Dallas, Edmonton)...they're a bad hockey club right now. Who's on the market that could turn that team around in the last 20 games???

They are falling fast while the Panthers and Flyers are hot on their heels..I doubt they make it.

Jackpot Jaret

Oct 22, 2014
Thank god "Jagrwatch" is over for at least another year, when Pittsburgh fans will sit around praying the Pens acquire him, only to watch him get traded to Arizona (after signing with Colombous in the offseason)

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
For the salary retention it would have took to get him here we would have had to seriously overpay... I do miss jags though... wish him the best....

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I don't understand why some people are questioning why Florida made this deal.

They're just outside the playoffs, well within striking distance. They have 2 metric tons of youth, so it's not like they need all of their draft picks. Jagr is the veteran leader at the deadline teams with youthful cores always bring in. Plus he can play on the top 2 lines and can still score.

From everything I've heard about Jags since he came back from the KHL is how he sets an awesome example for the younger players. This sounds like a very good player for Florida to bring in to make their push.

Xavier Laflamme*

Why would a team not even in a playoff spot trade 2 picks for a rental?:help:

They're 2 points out of the finals wild card spot...sheesh. God forbid they try and improve their roster to make a playoff push. I agree, it was a lot to give up, but at least they're trying.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I think its a great move for the Panthers. They need to take the next step and Jagrs experience helps them do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad