Confirmed with Link: Jagrwatch over - traded to Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow
SUNRISE, Fla. – Florida Panthers Executive Vice President and General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that the club has acquired F Jaromir Jagr from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for Florida’s second-round draft pick in 2015 and a conditional third-round draft pick in 2016.

Panthers

Last edited by a moderator:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Jagr better sign in Brooklyn next year. It would be a shame for him to retire without completing the Patrick Division Grand Slam.

Anyways, this move will put Florida in the playoffs, in my opinion. The last month or two they dominate--dominate--almost every game when it comes to territory, but lose them all in overtime or in a 1 goal game because they can't score.

Jagr's yet another big body, but does not have that problem. Perfect fit. I expect at least one upset from the cats in the likely event they make the playoffs.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I can't believe that a non-contender was willing to pay so much for him. You'd think they'd want to stock the cupboard, especially with the draft this year.

Florida already has their core so at this point getting them playoff experience is more important than a few prospects they really don't need.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Why does this need a thread on our board? he was never coming here in the 1st place lol, glad we didn't pay that tbh.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
That's a solid return for him. Couldn't match that in our case.

Wouldn't want to either.

I can't believe that a non-contender was willing to pay so much for him. You'd think they'd want to stock the cupboard, especially with the draft this year.

They're having a good year, can't blame them for wanting to try to make the playoffs.

At least they didn't move their first.

CommonForte

Jul 10, 2009
Never understood why anyone would want a 43 year old Jagr eseciallynfor 2nd and 3rd round pick. Atleast with Winnik theres a realistic chance if hi resigning for multiple years.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I guess, but it's not like they'll advance beyond the first round...

Just getting there would be huge for their young core.

I don't think the Panthers will make it, but it's far from impossible. Boston just isn't playing good hockey and they're sans Krejci for the rest of the regular season. They're only 2 points out with the same amount of games played, this may well push the Panthers over the top there.

I mean they're not going anywhere in the playoffs without Luongo going into God mode, but as I said just getting there would be huge for that young team and for the market.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Why does this need a thread on our board? he was never coming here in the 1st place lol, glad we didn't pay that tbh.

Because every other thread will be filled with Jagr talk, so at least with this thread we can try to limit where it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad