Value of: Jacob Trouba to DET

J15

Mar 18, 2009
1) OK then. Offer up Larkin and DeKeyser, and you have an overpayment which would be accepted.

2) You are not selling a top 10 pick, ffs. Remember how San Jose supposedly traded a top 10, almost a top 5 pick for Jones? Well, we know how that turned out to be. And looking at your response, looks like that's not the only thing you didn't understand.

That counter offer was there as a reversed situation of your offer. A bunch of pieces which are not that needed in Detroit considering their depth, but still more valuable than a needed player in DeKeyser. Instead of realizing my point, you got stuck in the names. Well done.

3) "trade them for pieces" That is literally the most impressive comment of the decade. You want us to trade our defense's cornerstone for unneeded pieces, and then suggest us to trade them for even more pieces? Are you trading Larkin for bottom pairing guys? No, because quality > quantity. Same goes for Winnipeg. We need our high end guys.

4) Your offer isn't that kind of overpayment. And besides, how exactly can you guarantee finding a Trouba replacement, and if you can, why won't you acquire them and leave Winnipeg out of the trade? It sounds like you either refuse to acknowledge the scarcity of RHDs or just generally don't have a clue of how badly everyone wants them.

5) Go for it then, we will gladly keep Trouba. Have fun hunting that defenseman.

1) Larkin?! But you have a logjam at forward, he's basically useless :sarcasm:

2) Obviously there's no guarantee, but if there was ever a time to bet against Detroit it's now. They have no #1C and no top pairing defencemen.

The names I brought up were just to show you how your example wasn't a fair comparison, and what a fair comparison. What does it even mean to be "stuck in the names"? The names make the difference between a fair analogy and an off-hand example used to make a point.

3) I have no idea why you think trade for pieces means trade for unneeded pieces. You conveniently leave out the Fowler example I brought up. In reality he's a very similar piece to Trouba except he's actually proven he can play a full season on the top pair.

You can repeat it as much as you want but none of Mantha, Tatar or a high first are bottom pairing players or scrubs.

4) Again, see the asking price of Fowler as a starting point. I'm also curious about why you think I want to trade with Winnipeg. I never suggested we make move for Trouba, I simply pointed out how ridiculous some of the offers were.

5) You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to point out why it's wrong.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tatar's 3 full seasons: 19 goals, 29 goals, 21 goals.

One could say hes a 20 goal scorer who had a good year

Tatar has scored 0.85 points per game against Western Conference and 0.50 points per game against Eastern Conference at last 2 seasons.

Too bad you aren't interested.

Can't see any better piece traded to West right now. Because he sucks at East and shines at West.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
2) Value wise that's nothing close to a top 10 pick + Mantha + Tatar. Try 1st + Connor + Little. And before you say it, yes when the Connor hype dies down we'll realize there isn't much separating him from Mantha. In fact the Connor hype now is almost identical to the Mantha hype post draft year.

Tatar ≠ Little.

So ****ing much Tatar ≠ Little.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
I know guys you won't like it, but how about DDK+Helm+2017 1st for Trouba?

DDK is a best LD we have, Helm is Winnipeg native and can play everywhere in the lineup (with mixed results) and you don't have to protect a pick.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

DDK is a best LD we have, Helm is Winnipeg native and can play everywhere in the lineup (with mixed results) and you don't have to protect a pick.

How about no?

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

DDK just filed for salary arbitration; no thanks. Helm may be a local but Matthias will fill that role here. The pick means little to the team already loaded with prospects.

Not at all appealing versus Trouba. Pass.

Last edited:

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
To Ana: Nyquist + Pulkkinen

To Wpg: Fowler + Det 2017 1st

To Det: Trouba

If Trouba just wouldn't sign for reasonable $, this would be getting close to a good return. I'd still like another prospect/pick or for Detroit to take a bad contract like Stuart

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I suggested a 3-way-trade at Detroit boards.

Winnipeg prefers LHD, if I'm right?

Anaheim prefers forwards?

Trouba --> Detroit

Fowler + Ouellet/Sproul + DET pick + ANA pick --> Winnipeg

Tatar/Nyquist + another DET forward + DET pick --> Anaheim

What should those other particles be? What forward, how high pics?

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I suggested a 3-way-trade at Detroit boards.

Winnipeg prefers LHD, if I'm right?

Anaheim prefers forwards?

Trouba --> Detroit

Fowler + Ouellet/Sproul + DET pick + ANA pick --> Winnipeg

Tatar/Nyquist + another DET forward + DET pick --> Anaheim

What should those other particles be? What forward, how high pics?

Winnipeg would likely just prefer to keep Trouba, frankly.

Any fans that claim the Jets need LHD appear to be blissfully ignoring that this team builds essentially via the draft and that the next open LHD spot is now Josh Morrissey's to lose. He is ready to graduate.

No need to make such a trade exists in other words - as long as they sign Trouba by camp. Given that he has little-to-no leverage, expect that he will eventually be signed by Winnipeg.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
NJ Devils also didn't have any incentive to trad Larsson. They still traded him.

So let's speculate the possible price, when a trade would be possible. Trade doesn't have to happen.

It is what this board is for. Speculating, discussion, for possible happenings, which 99.9% will never happen.

Now, Trouba to Detroit. What would it take in a 3-way trade with Anaheim?

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
NJ Devils also didn't have any incentive to trad Larsson. They still traded him.

So let's speculate the possible price, when a trade would be possible. Trade doesn't have to happen.

It is what this board is for. Speculating, discussion, for possible happenings, which 99.9% will never happen.

Why bother? With Myers currently rehabbing surgeries, the Jets would be crazy to trade Trouba right now and risk running a D that includes any combo of Postma, Stuart, Kostalek, etc. on the right side. It aint happening in other words, as you essentially stated. Given that Kostalek isn't ready, if they move Trouba, then they will be just like all of the other teams seeking RD. It makes no sense from the Jets side.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Why bother? With Myers currently rehabbing surgeries, the Jets would be crazy to trade Trouba right now and risk running a D that includes any combo of Postma, Stuart, Kostalek, etc. on the right side. It aint happening in other words, as you essentially stated. Given that Kostalek isn't ready, if they move Trouba, then they will be just like all of the other teams seeking RD. It makes no sense from the Jets side.

This is exactly correct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad