Confirmed with Link: Jacob Trouba going pro (UPD: Jets agree to terms)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Noel and Trouba have both downplayed any expectations of when he'll play. Also consider Kulda has been with the team for weeks and has yet to play a game.

I'm willing to bet that until we're out of the playoffs, neither of them will see ice time. It will be Buff/Enstrom/Bogo/Hainsey/Clitsome/Stuart until then.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Noel and Trouba have both downplayed any expectations of when he'll play. Also consider Kulda has been with the team for weeks and has yet to play a game.

I'm willing to bet that until we're out of the playoffs, neither of them will see ice time. It will be Buff/Enstrom/Bogo/Hainsey/Clitsome/Stuart until then.

Pretty much agree with this! Considering we are still very much in the playoff chase and for the most part the top 6 has done its job I don't really see a spot for him atm. I imagine they brought him up with the intention of handling him much the same way that they did Scheifele. Get him experience with the training/coaching staff and line his wallet a bit. He probably will get a couple games in near the end if we are knocked out.

It will be fun to watch both him and Scheifele in camp next year! I think both will end up sticking and having good years.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Probably not for a week until the Jets have five games left in the season so they don't burn a year and allow Trouba to become a UFS.

Become a what? Trouba cannot gain UFA any earlier this season, no matter how many games he plays. Even if he plays 6 games and burns a year from ELC, it only means he loses a year off his ELC, not that he will get to UFA status any earlier.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Become a what? Trouba cannot gain UFA any earlier this season, no matter how many games he plays. Even if he plays 6 games and burns a year from ELC, it only means he loses a year off his ELC, not that he will get to UFA status any earlier.

I'd be shocked if Trouba gets into 6 games so that a ELC is burned up. It makes no sense unless he demonstrates he is a step up from from current 5/6 guys and we remain in the hunt down to the last couple games...and even then I can't see it happening.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I am arguing with a guy at work, If Trouba didn't sign with the Jets and report here or the AHL, what were his other hockey options for the remainder of this year ?

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I am arguing with a guy at work, If Trouba didn't sign with the Jets and report here or the AHL, what were his other hockey options for the remainder of this year ?

None... Being a College player you have to be careful what you do cause you can lose your eligibility easily

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

He could have gone to play in the OHL for the Kitchener Rangers who own his rights, IIRC.

Or he could`ve hit the gym and wait for next year.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
A couple of my buddies saw Trouba at the bar on the weekend. They said he came to them as they were both wearing Trouba jerseys so he signed the jerseys for the them. Guess he was shocked a few guys had bought his jersey already.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
A couple of my buddies saw Trouba at the bar on the weekend. They said he came to them as they were both wearing Trouba jerseys so he signed the jerseys for the them. Guess he was shocked a few guys had bought his jersey already.

:laugh:

Damn, now I need to walk around everywhere in the city with my Trouba jersey.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
He picked a good number. Bogosian is my next jersey, but we will have to see how Trouba plays next season.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jacob was just on the 1290 round table and being interviewed and here are a few comments.

Unlike kids who go the Junior route he lived at home until this past fall so collage was an even bigger deal.

He had guys who lived on his dorm floor playing in the NCAA B Ball finals last night.

He was first approached by Michigan when he was in Grade 8 and toured through the campus :help:

He is living here with a billet family and says they are great people.

OK here comes the bomb for the size obsessive brothers............they measured him yesterday he has grown and is 6'3" now OMG OMG OMG ;):p: (ok just having fun with our Men's Big and Tall store-Jenny Craig crew)

Just for you Holden.....Both his parents played College sports. His Dad is 6'8" played B Ball his mom played softball. His uncle is 7'1" (I think most of us new this)

Wants for finish his degree one day and major in Sport Management.

Said Red Berenson is the type of coach where you kind of straighten up when he comes in the room.

Yea he agreed the weather sucked but finds all the people really friendly and can't count the amount of times people have mentioned they had golfed 5 or 6 times by this time last year ;)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Did he mention when he thought he would be playing?

No just said although he loved collage his heart was in Winnipeg and taking his shot at making the NHL. Good interview he came across young (because he is to me at least :laugh:) but not immature and sounded pretty cool. Sounds like the kind of guy I would want to be a teammate with.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
He could have gone to play in the OHL for the Kitchener Rangers who own his rights, IIRC.

Or he could`ve hit the gym and wait for next year.

That would have made him ineligible for the NCAA. So while technically he could have done that, wouldn't make much sense.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
"when is jacob trouba expected to play" may now have to take the spot of "Can jacob trouba take the NCAA Free Agent loophole?" on the hypothetical sticky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad