Rumor: Jacob Trouba close to 7 Year extension with NYR. Between $7.5m - $8m per year

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Trouba is not $8 million good. Jet fans know this. He gets lost in the D zone. He can move the puck up, kill people, and he is good at attacking the O zone net.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Looking more and more like arbitration for this season & an auction for next.
His agent is ruthless..

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
I would be very surprised (and bloody amused) if NYR doesn’t lock him up long-term before his July 25 hearing.

Agreed. I feel like they’re just trying to move a contract out first so they can’t be held ransom after Trouba signs.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Agreed. I feel like they’re just trying to move a contract out first so they can’t be held ransom after Trouba signs.
Being as reports came out that both sides were super close the day after the trade was made i think this is the only logical situation.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
They also sang Home, Sweet Home, which Winnipeg obviously wasn't.

Home can offer him 8 million by 7. I would expect them to if he goes to arbitration and is a UFA next summer.

Watching Karlsson, several of the Islanders guys that ultimately did re-sign might have slightly changed how guys look at this. You keep the pressure on the organization to keep wooing you. It is hockey though and a decent gamble he should be looking at Gardiner as well when doing this. While a decent contract should be there, I hope the Wings offer him 8 per with max term if he makes UFA, on percentage of cap that would line up with what his role will be. My guess is they hammer this out before the 25th, but Trouba might be willing to gamble. As a fan of a team hoping he will the next 8 days should be interesting. I think Trouba will sign in New York, but it does seem the current younger generation is a little less worried about getting locked in early and are going for bigger money earlier. Only Trouba and his immediate inner circle likely know. But I think hockey players are going to start using their leverage a little more.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Being as reports came out that both sides were super close the day after the trade was made i think this is the only logical situation.
Or maybe those reports were just plain wrong? Seems pretty obvious that Trouba was no where close to signing a deal a few weeks ago and that was just wishful thinking

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
That’s the thing. I think of those Rangers 98-04 teams with nothing but money. It became embarrassment of riches which failed HARD. Just shows you have to manage not only salary but the cap most importantly with the game what it is.
Also showed that even pre-lockout, it wasn’t that much different than today. Elite players in their prime did not hit free agency. You still had to draft or trade for them .

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Forwards on average hit their prime before defensemen, 99% of them will have their best years before they ever hit UFA status. Can't say the same for defense or goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad