Rumor: Jacob Trouba close to 7 Year extension with NYR. Between $7.5m - $8m per year

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I don't see Trouba as a 1 or 2 defenseman. He's a good player but his reputation is better than what he actually gives you. If you're paying this much for a 3-4 defenseman your cap will eventually be ruined. Especially in a place like New York.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I don't see Trouba as a 1 or 2 defenseman. He's a good player but his reputation is better than what he actually gives you. If you're paying this much for a 3-4 defenseman your cap will eventually be ruined. Especially in a place like New York.
That's ridiculous. He's been a top pairing shutdown guy for years. He's not an elite number 1 but most teams would take him at $8M.

t3k

Jul 11, 2011
Given that Chevy wouldn’t allow any team to negotiate with Trouba’s camp prior to the trade I would not be surprised if he’s intent on going the free agent route next year. We know from his past that the words that come out of his mouth mean absolutely nothing. Time will tell I guess.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Given that Chevy wouldn’t allow any team to negotiate with Trouba’s camp prior to the trade I would not be surprised if he’s intent on going the free agent route next year. We know from his past that the words that come out of his mouth mean absolutely nothing. Time will tell I guess.

Wait what? That's the first I've heard of that. Do you have a source on it? I could use my daily allotment of bitterness.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
That's ridiculous. He's been a top pairing shutdown guy for years. He's not an elite number 1 but most teams would take him at $8M.
Why did buff always lead in minutes played then every year. Usually top pairing guys lead in minutes played. Trouba always played less then buff. Also I doubt any team will be thrilled in giving a dman 8aav for a 7 goal a year scorer. Glad Chevy decided to give Morrissey the big money instead.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Why did buff always lead in minutes played then every year. Usually top pairing guys lead in minutes played. Trouba always played less then buff. Also I doubt any team will be thrilled in giving a dman 8aav for a 7 goal a year scorer. Glad Chevy decided to give Morrissey the big money instead.

Because Buff is the f***ing man?

Why is Malkin ONLY a second line center?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Buff is one of the worst shift-abusers on the Jets. Trouba actually gets a little more in shifts per game than Buff, but Buff constantly lengthens his shifts. So you're glad Morrissey is getting big money, a 6-7 goal/year scorer, rather than Trouba :confused:. Makes no sense. they both deserve big money.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Because if there is one good way to judge a NHL defender it's by looking at how many goals they score in a season. You seem to have a very good understanding of the game of hockey friend

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
To get nothing back for Trouba is mostly on Chevy for not trading him years ago for full value.

Trouba deserves to be booed when he comes back to Winnipeg and for specifying that he only wanted to go to New York which limited our return value considerably.

Reactions: jgimp

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

The same reason why Mike Keenan once had Alexei Kovalev on the ice for 10 minutes.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Wait what? That's the first I've heard of that. Do you have a source on it? I could use my daily allotment of bitterness.

I don't have a link off hand, but what the guy said is definitely correct. Reports out around the time of the trade that said Chevy wasn't allowing Trouba/his agent to talk with any teams about potential contract extensions.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Because if there is one good way to judge a NHL defender it's by looking at how many goals they score in a season. You seem to have a very good understanding of the game of hockey friend

Still waiting on that big return for Trouba of a top 10 pick and another top prospect.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Was more like Trouba refused to talk to anyone else but Rangers, and Cheavy did not let Rangers talk in advance
Detroit was also rumored to be on that list of teams he was willing to play for.

Still waiting on that big return for Trouba of a top 10 pick and another top prospect.
Chevy handcapped himself by not letting the Rangers or Wings speak to Trouba. I am sure he could have had more. I don't think it is a top 10 pick + but more than 20th and Pionk (lol).

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
To get nothing back for Trouba is mostly on Chevy for not trading him years ago for full value.

Trouba deserves to be booed when he comes back to Winnipeg and for specifying that he only wanted to go to New York which limited our return value considerably.

No he doesn't. All Trouba did was operate within the terms of the CBA. No one can force a player to indefinitely play somewhere they don't want to be. He made it known years ago he didn't want to be in Winnipeg, that's on the Jets for not moving him earlier if they wanted a better return.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Detroit was also rumored to be on that list of teams he was willing to play for.

Chevy handcapped himself by not letting the Rangers or Wings speak to Trouba. I am sure he could have had more. I don't think it is a top 10 pick + but more than 20th and Pionk (lol).

Did any reports state exactly what the other returns might have been? I remember reading there was one or two teams/GM's who said they offered a better package than 20th and pionk.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Much like the Rangers with their elite King Henrik in goal all these years.
Remind us when we were actually favorites to win anything, yet made deep runs in the playoff and even won our division. Pretty sure the opposite can be said here for the other team.

Are we done taking immature shots just because somebody else started it?

Reactions: egelband

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
It's all a matter of preference on how you want to spend your money as a gm. Matt dumba who will score about 25 goals a year and who was head and shoulders better then trouba in playoffs 2 years ago and who is better then trouba signed last summer for 6aav x5. Would rather have dumba at 8aav then trouba. But if your going to pay 8aav for a dman you would think you would want a player that can score 15 goals a year consistently even 10. He is about a 35-45 point defenceman. I dont know are they going for 8aav now a days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->