Prospect Info: Jacob Olofsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The regular season of Allsvenskan is finished. Timra finished in 1st place and will be taking on 2nd place Karlskoga in a Best-of-5 series. And the winner of that series will face the last placed team of the SHL in a promotion/relegation Best-of-7 series. So if Timra beats Karlskoga and then beats the 14th placed SHL team, they will be promoted to the SHL. If they lose either series, they stay in Allsvenskan.

It will be curious to see what will happen with Olofsson regarding if the Habs want to sign him. I don't know his contractual status in Sweden so I'm not sure if he's still under contract for next year.

Either way, he finished the regular season with 20 pts (9G, 11A) in 36 GP. Keep in mind a lot of his points came in the latter part of the season. So he started off slow and then picked up the production consistency.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The regular season of Allsvenskan is finished. Timra finished in 1st place and will be taking on 2nd place Karlskoga in a Best-of-5 series. And the winner of that series will face the last placed team of the SHL in a promotion/relegation Best-of-7 series. So if Timra beats Karlskoga and then beats the 14th placed SHL team, they will be promoted to the SHL. If they lose either series, they stay in Allsvenskan.

It will be curious to see what will happen with Olofsson regarding if the Habs want to sign him. I don't know his contractual status in Sweden so I'm not sure if he's still under contract for next year.

Either way, he finished the regular season with 20 pts (9G, 11A) in 36 GP. Keep in mind a lot of his points came in the latter part of the season. So he started off slow and then picked up the production consistency.

pretty great to see him find his groove... even better to see that kind of productivity late in a season on a #1 team.

kind of progression, at 21, that bodes well for him to quietly keep trending towards an NHL role

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

He's signed with Timra for next season. The Habs can sign him but like Norlinder, since he's under contract and a non 1st round pick, he either has to be on the Habs or he has to go back to his Swedish team. I believe it doesn't matter if it's Allsvenskan or SHL but not 100%. It doesn't matter though since I don't see him making the Habs next season. Better to just leave him in Sweden next year and see how it goes.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Olofsson with 0 pts in 4 playoff games.
I get a feeling he is never going to be a point producing forward. To he and his linemates credit, when you look at the score sheets, the opposition rarely score on them

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I get a feeling he is never going to be a point producing forward. To he and his linemates credit, when you look at the score sheets, the opposition rarely score on them

that's why I think he still has NHL upside as a 4th liner, he's got the size, speed, skating, defensive play. Though this year it's hard to say since his team was so dominate, but he was a minus player only 3 times all season plus playoffs (39 games)

Reactions: Andrei79 and bopeep

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
that's why I think he still has NHL upside as a 4th liner, he's got the size, speed, skating, defensive play. Though this year it's hard to say since his team was so dominate, but he was a minus player only 3 times all season plus playoffs (39 games)
While he may not be the sexiest prospect in the stable, these are the types of players you end up loving come the playoffs

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

He has offensive skills to contribute but it looks like his ability to use them consistently is always gonna be his issue but ill take a defensively responsible forward of his size and skating any day on a bottom line when you know they can chip in.

This isn't a defensive forward with no puck skills.

Reactions: bopeep

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
He has offensive skills to contribute but it looks like his ability to use them consistently is always gonna be his issue but ill take a defensively responsible forward of his size and skating any day on a bottom line when you know they can chip in.

This isn't a defensive forward with no puck skills.

Hopefully for him he is better suited to the NA game and he can learn the beauty of the garbage goal..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Olofsson with just 3 pts in 12 playoff games, just brutal. To compare his season, while on the best team in the league that just dominated the league,

Allsvenskan,

Olofsson - (age 20) 36-9-11-20 +13 16 pims
Norlinder - (age 19) 34-7-11-18 +13 2 pims

SHL,

Olofsson - (age 19 and 20) 40-3-8-11 -3 8 pims
Norlinder - (age 20) 37-5-5-10 -9 12 pims

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Currently similar to DLR with less offence.

We have his rights until June 1st 2022.

Capfriendly is great for all your rights interrogations: Montreal Canadiens Reserve List Players - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

He's still a legit prospect, but you're looking more at a 3rd line upside 4th line floor now rather than the 2nd line upside 3rd line floor at the draft.

He seems pretty fringe at this point. He's 21 and hasn't been signed and hasn't had much improvement statistically. JDLR was in the NHL at that point already I think. It seems like a long shot he gets signed unless he really has a great season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Timra played their first pre-season game today against Brynas. They won 4-3.

Looking at Flashscore, they have Olofsson scoring the game winner.

But looking at Timra's official Twitter account, they say it was Robin Alvarez.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Timra played their first pre-season game today against Brynas. They won 4-3.

Looking at Flashscore, they have Olofsson scoring the game winner.

But looking at Timra's official Twitter account, they say it was Robin Alvarez.

they may have changed it later as livesport has him getting the goal. He's listed as the 2nd line center and Alvarez his LW so likely one of them got it.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Olofsson playing on the wing today for Timra's preseason game. Listed at 1LW.

E9O42gzX0AMWZCc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad