Prospect Info: Jacob Bryson (2017, 99th) signed 3 year ELC, ATO with Rochester

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
That 2017 draft class sure is interesting though. Especially given how much Baker loves Davidsson who I never get to see. He LOVES him. UPL is having a monster year and getting massive attention. Laaksonen we all know about his meteoric rise in status. Bryson is one of the best D in college.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Yep, the assist he was pretty close to not even being in the ice - he had sprung the breakout and was heading for a change. He gets the puck, moves it to safety and creates for his team. I don’t care how big or small he is, the kid is a player.

Last edited:
Reactions: joshjull

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Looking forward to seeing him play today vs. Cornell, for a chance to go to the Frozen Four. It's on ESPN 2 at 4:00pm

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Looking forward to seeing him play today vs. Cornell, for a chance to go to the Frozen Four. It's on ESPN 2 at 4:00pm

ESPN app can provide the feed if you have a subscription. I know I've been double to triple screening the tournament as usual. :biglaugh:

I hope he does well again today and continues his season. I've loved his game since the first time I saw him.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Looking like he won’t have to go far to sign a contract when his season ends lol.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My favorite part of his game today has been the couple of quick step-ups he's made to seal people along the wall. He just had another at the Cornell blueline that popped the puck free to the only Friar in the offensive zone. His timing is tremendous.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
ESPN app can provide the feed if you have a subscription. I know I've been double to triple screening the tournament as usual. :biglaugh:

I hope he does well again today and continues his season. I've loved his game since the first time I saw him.
For like two years the ESPN app does not work with "my" Spectrum account even though it should for things like ESPN2 which is definitely part of the cable package. According to Google it is a common issue with Spectrum cable customers. Really obnoxious because they have great NCAA coverage.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It would be an epic collapse/comeback for Cornell to come out on top now. 3-0 for Bryson's Friars after 2.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
For like two years the ESPN app does not work with "my" Spectrum account even though it should for things like ESPN2 which is definitely part of the cable package. According to Google it is a common issue with Spectrum cable customers. Really obnoxious because they have great NCAA coverage.

I wish I could help you out there. I watch a lot on the ESPNU and Big10TV feeds.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Just saw for the first second time that he's from my hometown. Makes me want to root for him even more.

EDIT: Looks like I just forgot

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
ESPN's crew has done isolations on him regularly this game, right from the opening.

He'll be signed. Fitzgerald was signed. Borgen was signed. They'll get Bryson done.

Not like he has a lot of talented players ahead of him in this org to block him from playing time.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I'm a Cornell fan so a little bitter Providence got this round and last round as de facto home games while Cornell stayed in a hotel with no power last night. But Providence was better today. And Bryson was the best player on either team. Mostly on a hockey IQ argument too, he's smart as anything, good positioning, good decisions.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
So are we 2 years out on Bryson? Seems college defensemen transition quicker to the NHL like McCabe and Butler.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So are we 2 years out on Bryson? Seems college defensemen transition quicker to the NHL like McCabe and Butler.

Depends on when they get him signed. I could see him being Borgen-esque if he signs this spring -- most of the year in the AHL, then a late recall next year. Then in contention in 2 years for one of the openings on LD.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Depends on when they get him signed. I could see him being Borgen-esque if he signs this spring -- most of the year in the AHL, then a late recall next year. Then in contention in 2 years for one of the openings on LD.

If they sign him after the frozen four...

Next year AHL
The following year call up with a shot to make the team.
Year 3 on team

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If they sign him after the frozen four...

Next year AHL
The following year call up with a shot to make the team.
Year 3 on team

I see a guy who is smart and mobile and decisive enough to be called up by the end of next season and then a regular the year after that.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Borgen development path

While this could happen...it depends greatly on how team does next year.

If buffalo was in a WC playoff race he would have only got called up due to injury. I think part of his call up is to evaluate what we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad