Prospect Info: Jacob Bryson (2017, 99th) signed 3 year ELC, ATO with Rochester

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Any way he doesn't get an ELC from Buffalo next year? Pretty sure he's a senior.

He was like Eichel and McXabe drafted after his 1st yr in college.

His rights go to August 15 of graduating year in 2020.

If he opts to turn pro in March buffalo has his rights till June 1 2021

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Still of the opinion that he should be signed when the Friars’ season comes to an end. Regardless of who is behind the big club’s bench, he is all that one could want in a modern NHL defender except tall.
Seconded.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Still of the opinion that he should be signed when the Friars’ season comes to an end. Regardless of who is behind the big club’s bench, he is all that one could want in a modern NHL defender except tall.

Agreed, want him signed immediately. Hoping he doesn’t go to senior year and then walk...

Reactions: Chainshot

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

And... you... can't.... teach... height

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He continues to impress me every time I see him. Stick, feet, brain... all top notch defending and turning the puck up in transition.

Reactions: Rasmi

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
He continues to impress me every time I see him. Stick, feet, brain... all top notch defending and turning the puck up in transition.

he made one massive boner that ended up in his own net, but he's been stellar outside of that. He really looks like a player who has proven all he can at this level.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Looking amazing in the Minn St game.

Man, I really hope he doesnt pull a Petersen...

They’ve been much better at signing the people they want to sign them they have and losing people. Just look at Casey Fitzgerald in the last week - he could have walked in August but they got it done. Nothing about how Jacob has spoken or about the team leads me to think they won’t get it done.

Reactions: Gabrielor

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I was more worried about Borgen than Bryson and that got done quickly.

Borgen could have wanted to stay and work on his offensive production even though he was ready to move up. Bryson seems like he’d be spinning his wheels. Plus he was an overager who knows the whole league passed on him. Botterill could be like, bro...I got the job and the first thing I did was look for guys like you because your style is my entire plan.

In my hypothetical Botterill uses the word bro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad