Confirmed with Link: Jackets sign Wennberg to a 6 year deal, 4.9mil AAV

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I wish he weren't such a slow leaner compared to the other centers. :laugh:
Every single one of his stats has improved every season. Pretty much every aspect of his game has improved every season in the league.

He's ahead of A LOT of players who entered the draft at the same time he did. It's a long season, be patient. Faceoffs aren't the end all be all for centers.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Every single one of his stats has improved every season. Pretty much every aspect of his game has improved every season in the league.

He's ahead of A LOT of players who entered the draft at the same time he did. It's a long season, be patient. Faceoffs aren't the end all be all for centers.
Everyone seems to agree that our power play is a problem. I'm pretty sure our PP FO win mark of 42.5% is one of the problems. (Note: the 42.5 is the team average; Wennberg is much higher at 42.9% :nod:)

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Everyone seems to agree that our power play is a problem. I'm pretty sure our PP FO win mark of 42.5% is one of the problems. (Note: the 42.5 is the team average; Wennberg is much higher at 42.9% :nod:)
And that's entirely on Wennberg? There are different ways to run a powerplay other than the umbrella.

EVERYONE in the world knew exactly what we wanted to setup with Panarin-Wennberg. Watch a Panarin highlight reel, it's literally all from pretty much one spot on the ice. Last game they switched it up a little bit and it seemed to be more effective.

Our current first line should be our PP line..

Panarin-Wennberg-Atkinson
Jones-Werenski (flipped for one timers)

Milano-Foligno-Bjorkstrand
Savard-Johnson

Go back to basics and run a simple PP

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
And that's entirely on Wennberg? There are different ways to run a powerplay other than the umbrella.

EVERYONE IN THE World knew exactly what we wanted to setup with Panarin-Wennberg. Watch a Panarin highlight reel, it's literally all from pretty much one spot on the ice. Last game they switched it up a little bit and it seemed to be more effective.

Savard-Johnson

Looks like Wennberg has been demoted again , looks like Foligno in between cam and bread . Hopefully Dubi centers second pp

I'm reading between the lines , with Wennberg taking a maintenance today and Foligno practicing on top line past 2 days

Last edited:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Looks like Wennberg has been demoted again , looks like Foligno in between cam and bread . Hopefully Dubi centers second pp

I'm reading between the lines , with Wennberg taking a maintenance today and Foligno practicing on top line past 2 days

I wouldn’t say it’s a demotion for Wennberg, moreso just tinkering with the lines

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

EVERYONE IN THE World knew exactly what we wanted to setup with Panarin-Wennberg. Watch a Panarin highlight reel, it's literally all from pretty much one spot on the ice. Last game they switched it up a little bit and it seemed to be more effective.

Savard-Johnson

Either my point eluded you or were too immersed in a rush to defend Wennberg, asking if the PP problem was all on 41. Wow, what a leap.......My reply was prompted by your claim faceoffs are over-rated. My take is FO importance is elevated on PP because your efficiency declines when you don't have possession of the puck. Read it again and you'll see I addressed only our team's and Wennberg's poor FO record.

You might find it ironic that several days ago I posed the question if it might make sense to have both Z and Seth on the first unit, though Full disclosure - I expressed concerns over Wennberg's overly deliberate decision-making.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Either my point eluded you or were too immersed in a rush to defend Wennberg, asking if the PP problem was all on 41. Wow, what a leap.......My reply was prompted by your claim faceoffs are over-rated. My take is FO importance is elevated on PP because your efficiency declines when you don't have possession of the puck. Read it again and you'll see I addressed only our team's and Wennberg's poor FO record.

You might find it ironic that several days ago I posed the question if it might make sense to have both Z and Seth on the first unit, though Full disclosure - I expressed concerns over Wennberg's overly deliberate decision-making.
Yeah I had just gotten done trying to defend him in other threads my mind just made the jump.

The lines seriously need jumbled. We haven't had any lines really click for more than a period or two at a time. We need a solid go to line. If Foligno gets those 1C draws and does it against teams top lines and he can win them, while playing solid defensively, keep him there. If Wennberg has to play down a line so be it, if it makes the team better that's fine. IF and it's really big if Foligno could do that everyone would pretty much be slotted where they need to be, at least when Sedsy comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad