Confirmed with Link: Jackets sign Wennberg to a 6 year deal, 4.9mil AAV

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
If Wennberg plateaus and plays as he does, good deal. If he continues to grow then it's a stellar deal. No complaints here.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If Wennberg plateaus and plays as he does, good deal. If he continues to grow then it's a stellar deal. No complaints here.

Don't see any way he plateaus , especially with Panarin on his line. Plus he has a good shot , and confidence will only continue to grow

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
"Stellar" would be putting it mildly. That would put this in the same neighborhood as the Tavares and Josi contracts. I'm not quite holding my breath for that, but still. Very very nice.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Decent deal. I like the aav for the 6 years but I think going bridge would have been better. Regardless it's good to have him in the fold for camp. Andy is next

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Decent deal. I like the aav for the 6 years but I think going bridge would have been better. Regardless it's good to have him in the fold for camp. Andy is next

You can't pay every player market value if you want to build a cup contending team. This is a very reasonable gamble that I have no problems making.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Sure it's great on paper....but I'm not sure how I feel about our top line center making ~1 million less than our second line center. I would have actually preferred to see 5.5-5.75.

Kinda shocked Brisson let him sign this deal

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sounds about right. Hopefully there aren't any NMC/NTCs involved.

I thought Jarmo was going to get taken to the cleaners (6x6 or more) on this one. Glad to be wrong.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Sure it's great on paper....but I'm not sure how I feel about our top line center making ~1 million less than our second line center. I would have actually preferred to see 5.5-5.75.

Honestly, that's a pretty silly complaint. :laugh:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

Are u his girlfriend ? Less money for wennberg means for cap room

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad