Rumor: Jackets looking at Perron/Anisimov deal?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Or the Caps were with Martin Erat? Strange things happen.

Not strange. Desperate. I don't think that the Caps were desperate for Erat. The Jackets were never desperate for Dubinsky; it took Nash asking to be traded.

Sure we could see it happen; but not based on anything that we can see right now.

Pbober

Dec 28, 2013
Arty ruled out for Monday's game

For what it's worth, Arty is ruled out for Monday's game. TR states it is not a concussion...Could he be headed out of town?

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Jenner is showing he is not ready to play center yet. A 3C must be a beast on faceoffs, especially in the defensive zone. To be effective, he must finish in the Offensive Zone more than he starts there. Look at his production to date

Defensive Zone Faceoff Win 44.2%
Offensive Zone Faceoff Win 41.8%
Neutral Zone Faceoff Win 51.9%
Overall Faceoff 46.1%

5 on 5 Puck Possession
He has been given easier starts: 52.2% in the Offensive Zone
He finishes more often than not in the Defensive Zone- Offensive Zone Finishes 47.2%

I love Jenner's game and in another year or two he may be ready.

The Jackets would use a very valuable commodity, a big two way center to acquire a skilled winger at the right time. Nothing in my post requires that wing play on the 3rd line.

If Dubinsky is the 2C for years to come, then where does Wennberg fit? He is not suited to play in the bottom 6.

Dubi would be the 3C...

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We're still arguing over line #s?

Smh our success was because we didn't have established 1-2-3 lines

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
You may want to look at his cap hit and figure out how to build a winner with 3rd liners making almost $6 million per season. It just doesn't work.

See Finn & Slightly replies above.

Also consider that if Wennberg is successful he is going to be on entry level for two more years then can probably be resigned for 2-3 years at less than 3 mill. To me the math works.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You may want to look at his cap hit and figure out how to build a winner with 3rd liners making almost $6 million per season. It just doesn't work.
twitch.gif

aargh4.gif

I swear to G-d I am so sick of this "third line is supposed to be low-cost suckage" trope. Call it "having three second lines" if you desperately need to have some sort of ordinal designation. Players like Dubinsky make other players better, so put whoever the hell you like on his wing.

We don't have a "bottom 6" in the traditional sense. We never have. We have one defensive/energy/****-stirring line and three two-way lines. Wennberg can be a #2C on the third second line. Whatever. I don't care. Just please, please, PLEASE just ****ing quit it already with this "he's not bottom-6 and we already have two okay centers, so there's no room for him" mishegaas. Our roster construction for the last several YEARS has not followed that pattern and hasn't had to.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
twitch.gif

aargh4.gif

I swear to G-d I am so sick of this "third line is supposed to be low-cost suckage" trope. Call it "having three second lines" if you desperately need to have some sort of ordinal designation. Players like Dubinsky make other players better, so put whoever the hell you like on his wing.

We don't have a "bottom 6" in the traditional sense. We never have. We have one defensive/energy/****-stirring line and three two-way lines. Wennberg can be a #2C on the third second line. Whatever. I don't care. Just please, please, PLEASE just ****ing quit it already with this "he's not bottom-6 and we already have two okay centers, so there's no room for him" mishegaas. Our roster construction for the last several YEARS has not followed that pattern and hasn't had to.

You totally missed my point. Because this team is well stocked with young talent, the Bill will be coming due in the next few years. Cap management is going to become extremely critical. I would much rather follow Lombardi's example than Tallon's or Holmgren's but I question whether the Jackets players will play along.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Players like Dubinsky make other players better, so put whoever the hell you like on his wing
Player contribution in hockey. Dubinsky the 60 nd( nearly ) most valuable player in the league. But we had better players like Gaborik, Horton, Carter (here this controversial analytical method https://statistics.wharton.upenn.edu/files/whdmsaction=public:main.file&fileID=5967
and here reasonable criticism http://hockeyanalysis.com/2013/06/1...d-all-encompassing-player-evaluation-metrics/ ) Two years ago Dubinsky was aggressively shopped by NYR ( for scoring help), Canucks had interest but in Canucks opinion price was too high (then) for 3C. Any way Dubinsky better than Del Zotto ( we wanted Del Zotto), but his cap hit will be possibly problematic in some years (if our C axis will be McDavid-Johansen-Wennberg -Dubinsky for example)

We don't have a "bottom 6" in the traditional sense. We never have.
and we never had

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Player contribution in hockey. Dubinsky the 60 nd( nearly ) most valuable player in the league. But we had better players like Gaborik, Horton, Carter (here this controversial analytical method https://statistics.wharton.upenn.edu/files/whdmsaction=public:main.file&fileID=5967
and here reasonable criticism http://hockeyanalysis.com/2013/06/1...d-all-encompassing-player-evaluation-metrics/ ) Two years ago Dubinsky was aggressively shopped by NYR ( for scoring help), Canucks had interest but in Canucks opinion price was too high (then) for 3C. Any way Dubinsky better than Del Zotto ( we wanted Del Zotto), but his cap hit will be possibly problematic in some years (if our C axis will be McDavid-Johansen-Wennberg -Dubinsky for example)

and we never had

Getting Mcdavid or Eichel completely changes how we handle players like Dubinsky, Jenner, Wennberg, Anisimov and possibly (but doubtful) Johansen. Right now it's still just a fairy tale dream, but it would shake up everything. Anisimov (if he's still here at the draft) would DEFINITELY be moved, a decision would be made if Jenner and/or Wennberg would be stuck at wing or shipped out IMO. We desperately need to solidify our backend and even though we have promising players upcoming in the system we need a top pairing dependable Dman to guide them and mentor them. Tyutin will be too old by then and I don't see anyone else being ready by then.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

I know what his cap hit is and also know when this team is playing well we roll 4 lines and the only line that would be close to a "classic NHL line" is the current 4th line. I get what you are saying but this isn't the 80's or 90's NHL any more.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Arty heard the Oiler rumors and decided to injury himself, well played.

Looking at his FO stats I'd stay the triceps have been bothering him for awhile

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad