Rumor: Jackets looking at Perron/Anisimov deal?

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
It's not all about stats with Arty. The guy didn't make the Russian Olympic team because of his flashy stats. it's the subtleties that make him as valuable as he is. Big 6'4" frame, very sound defensively. Kills penalties and can score 20 goals, dish out 20-30 assists and can play up in the lineup when necessary.

I'm not against trading the guy, and he definitely has some value but as others have pointed out, when his contract was up he was the odd man out.

Nikitin was on that team too. I'm not bashing Anisimov at all but really, using that team as a benchmark for quality isn't a great argument.

I've wanted Anisimov for years. Give to get. Perron is a really good player. He's scrappy and works his butt off. He also is a terrific two way guy and sticks up for his team mates.

If he comes to Columbus, I think you guys will like him as much as we would like Anisimov.

Belov was on that team too. Just sayin'. ;)

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Oh. My. God. What is Hope Smoking??? Where would #CBJ be watching Lupul since he is continuallycontinuallycontinuallycontinually injured? I think there may be Leaf fans that still haven't seen him play.

Agreed. Personally I love seeing Lupul in Toronto as the bust he is. I hope you guys don't get him. He's great for four games and gets injured.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Nikitin was on that team too. I'm not bashing Anisimov at all but really, using that team as a benchmark for quality isn't a great argument.

I've wanted Anisimov for years. Give to get. Perron is a really good player. He's scrappy and works his butt off. He also is a terrific two way guy and sticks up for his team mates.

If he comes to Columbus, I think you guys will like him as much as we would like Anisimov.

Belov was on that team too. Just sayin'. ;)

Honest to god, I had a disclaimer in my original post about Nikitin being on that team as well, but decided to leave out the nut punch to him. :laugh:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 5m5 minutes ago
As much as the Oilers would like to make a move, the Jackets (beyond EDM talks), Flyers & Leafs (still) remain fairly active on the wires

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 4m4 minutes ago
Not sure if CBJ pulls trigger on a deal this week (would be nice, @jkekalainen, if you did since I'll be in town), but irons are in the fire

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Max-Weinberg.jpg

I'll be damned if that's not the first thing I thought of.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Sounds like the Perron idea is dead

@NicholsOnHockey 12M ago:
"McKenzie: Last night seemed to be hot and heavy w/ #CBJ, #Oilers. Seems to have cooled off a bit. Not dead. #CBJ moved on to other things."

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Sounds like the Perron idea is dead

@NicholsOnHockey 12M ago:
"McKenzie: Last night seemed to be hot and heavy w/ #CBJ, #Oilers. Seems to have cooled off a bit. Not dead. #CBJ moved on to other things."

Thank goodness. Do not want to give up AA for Perron and his two goals.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/penguins-rumors-perron-nolan-setoguchi/70187/

The Edmonton Oilers are actively shopping winger David Perron and had targeted three particular centers in trade talks. Blue Jackets Artem Anisimov, Penguins Brandon Sutter, and Philadelphia's Brayden Schenn. What the Oilers have found out is none of the three teams are willing participants to come to the table, especially the Penguins and Flyers when it comes to moving Sutter or Schenn in a deal for Perron.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Thank goodness. Do not want to give up AA for Perron and his two goals.

You do realize that Arty has 2 goals too, right?

The most biased thing you can do is to compare the peak of one player to the trough of another. The proper way to do it is to compare peaks to peaks and troughs to troughs. And by that measure, Perron is the better player.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio

And you do realize Arty has played 9 fewer games, and plays with guys like Wennberg, Cracknell, etc, while Perron plays with Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and Nugent-Hopkins, right?

Anisimov is very underrated. Between he and Perron, Arty is the better two-way player. He also has the ability to go on hot streaks, which is why he got 22 goals last season, and he doesn't usually get top-6 minutes either. He is also reliable on faceoffs way more often than not.

If we trade Arty, that will be a big blow to our center position. Look at how terrible we were down the middle when Arty was out.
As much as people want to see Jenner at C, he was getting destroyed in faceoffs, and you can tell, he's just not ready to be a full-time center just yet.
Anisimov really solidifies our center position. When healthy, Johansen, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Letestu down the middle is pretty much uncontested most nights.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
And you do realize Arty has played 9 fewer games, and plays with guys like Wennberg, Cracknell, etc, while Perron plays with Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and Nugent-Hopkins, right?

Anisimov is very underrated. Between he and Perron, Arty is the better two-way player. He also has the ability to go on hot streaks, which is why he got 22 goals last season, and he doesn't usually get top-6 minutes either. He is also reliable on faceoffs way more often than not.

If we trade Arty, that will be a big blow to our center position. Look at how terrible we were down the middle when Arty was out.
As much as people want to see Jenner at C, he was getting destroyed in faceoffs, and you can tell, he's just not ready to be a full-time center just yet.
Anisimov really solidifies our center position. When healthy, Johansen, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Letestu down the middle is pretty much uncontested most nights.

Not really.

I agree Arty is an underrated player and does bring a lot of good things but I'd certainly trade him for Perron. It's a fair deal for both sides and with the other centers in the Jackets lineup (when healthy), I think Perron would have a bigger impact on this team.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Not really.

I agree Arty is an underrated player and does bring a lot of good things but I'd certainly trade him for Perron. It's a fair deal for both sides and with the other centers in the Jackets lineup (when healthy), I think Perron would have a bigger impact on this team.

I agree OC. I have maintained that Anisimov is not a long term player for this team due to the roster make-up in the future. I just can't see Joey-Dubi-Jenner-Wennberg-Letestu-Anisimov all on the team.

Joey and Dubi everyone (or at least almost everyone) agrees will be 2 of our C's going forward assuming JK doesn't screw up the long term deal for Joey. Wennberg I believe will fulfill his promise in a year or two, Letestu is cheaper and just as versatile as AA and Jenner can fill in or maybe he develops into our 3rd C with Wennberg on wing.

That leaves Arty as the odd guy out imo.

I'd rather have Eberle for 2 reasons-higher offensive upside imo and he's signed for 4 more years after this season. Perron will have to be resigned after next year but we have cap space to do it or he could be moved for something next year.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

The most biased thing you can do is to compare the peak of one player to the trough of another. The proper way to do it is to compare peaks to peaks and troughs to troughs. And by that measure, Perron is the better player.

Of course I do. If you have been watching the Oilers this year (and you may have) it's amazing to see Perron is no longer gritty and has become mostly a perimeter player. That's why he has two goals this year.

Anisimov has been injured and like many returning from concussions it is taking time for him to get to 100%. Couple that with the injury situation where the Jackets have many players playing up in the lineup and of course his production is lowered.

I also believe the tipping point for the Jackets' slide was when Arty got taken out in Ottawa. Anisimov is a big two-way center a very difficult to obtain type of player.I do believe Arty's days may be numbered in Columbus, but only when Wennberg is actually ready to play a 2C role. We probably will need to wait at least a year or longer for this.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I do believe Arty's days may be numbered in Columbus, but only when Wennberg is actually ready to play a 2C role. We probably will need to wait at least a year or longer for this.

Nah, Dubinsky is the 2C. Unless we're paying a 3C $6 mil/year for the next 5 years?

Jenner/Letestu/Wennberg could all easily take over the 3C role if Anisimov were to be moved. I just don't see where he fits long term.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
These deals always crack me up, there are several levels for fans:

1. Pre-trade is REALLY OVERRATING current players, and rationalizing how one of our depth players can fetch us another teams best/better players. Lot of talk of intangibles and other things that can't be measured. Also the guy we eventually get is greatly under valued (unless the player is less than 20 - then he has Crosby-potential) as a depth player.
2. Trade is made and we REALLY OVERVALUE the player we acquired and pile on the player that we traded. All the new guy needs is a fresh start, don't you know in juniors he was an All-Star or he was a first round pick in the draft.
3. A month or so later we realize we traded our under achieving, over paid first round pick for their under achieving, over paid first round pick.

:)

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Nah, Dubinsky is the 2C. Unless we're paying a 3C $6 mil/year for the next 5 years?

Jenner/Letestu/Wennberg could all easily take over the 3C role if Anisimov were to be moved. I just don't see where he fits long term.

I think it's a reach to say Jenner can take over the 3C role this season. He has played EIGHT games at center in the NHL. I believe he needs time before he is thrust into that role on a team with zero margin for error.

I don't believe Wennberg can play effectively in the bottom 6. He needs to be a 1/2 C and I believe he should be in Springfield to allow him to play top 2 line minutes and allow him to develop. Letestu is a terrific 4C, yet he doesn't have ideal size that Anisimov posesses.

Getting a skilled winger for Anisimov may make lots of sense, in a year or two.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad