Rumor: Jackets looking at Perron/Anisimov deal?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Ward @TSNAaronWard · 22m 22 minutes ago

Be interesting to see if the two teams, #Oilers and #BlueJackets , use this as a foundation for a bigger deal. #TSN

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I don't like this deal. Center depth is better than wing depth. I know Arty is streaky, but at least his useful in the defensive end.

we have NO wing depth right now though, we need to start somewhere. We'll still have Johansen-Dubi-Jenner-Letestu down the middle.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Right. It has been a while though since he was concussed, I think. That's a good sign he might be through with that.

If Anisimov is the one flipped for Perron, its sort of a wash from a concussion standpoint. Hasn't Anisimov had at least 2-3 of them since coming to Columbus?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Actually they'd throw in for us to take him. I'd consider it if its a big throw in.

Higher pay then Jack and equal to Tyutin... :laugh:. I like the guy but he's a complimentary guy put in a bad situation and was overpaid in the process.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
we have NO wing depth right now though, we need to start somewhere. We'll still have Johansen-Dubi-Jenner-Letestu down the middle.
Add in Wennberg down the line and you will see Arty isn't a part of the future.

Make the trade, would have made sense to do it a few weeks ago but from an injury standpoint I can understand why it wasn't.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So if there is a bigger trade in the works who do you see us giving up?! Because somebody bigger then Perron would be IMO Eberle or Yak because Hall isn't going anywhere and neither is RNH or Draisitl.

So who do we give up to match Ebs or Yaks value? Edm fans have made it clear they don't want Atkinson so who do we move? No way we move Foligno or Hartnell. Possibly Wiz or JMFJ? But that doesn't make sense right now with Tyutin and Murray out.. unless we are giving up this season and going full out for Mcdavid or Eichel.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
So if there is a bigger trade in the works who do you see us giving up?! Because somebody bigger then Perron would be IMO Eberle or Yak because Hall isn't going anywhere and neither is RNH or Draisitl.

So who do we give up to match Ebs or Yaks value? Edm fans have made it clear they don't want Atkinson so who do we move? No way we move Foligno or Hartnell. Possibly Wiz or JMFJ? But that doesn't make sense right now with Tyutin and Murray out.. unless we are giving up this season and going full out for Mcdavid or Eichel.

My guess would be JJ if the deal is for more than Perron. Hang this season up and go for McDavid/Eichel/Hanafin and bring back a team that isn't decimated by injuries next year. hopefully we could even flip some other assets into a defenseman in the off season.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
My guess would be JJ if the deal is for more than Perron. Hang this season up and go for McDavid/Eichel/Hanafin and bring back a team that isn't decimated by injuries next year. hopefully we could even flip some other assets into a defenseman in the off season.

If that's the case is it Eberle or Yakupov? Yak has more potential and 2 way play, but will he ever break out and reach that potential? Eberle is more proven but is definitely more of a one player, but I think a Foligno-Johansen-Eberle would be lights out...

Which would allow Hartnell to move back on a line with Jenner and likely Skille? And when we're healthy Calvert Dubinsky and Atkinson?

Damn I'm getting way to excited for this.

It'll likely just be more pieces in the trade though(picks or prospects). We just can't afford to add unless we truly are giving up on the season.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Don't get me wrong, I feel like a pre-teen on Christmas Eve with all of this trade talk but I think I'd be two times more excited if we were actually in a sound position in the standings...

If we did get Perron at least he wouldn't be a Jackets Killer anymore... 26 pts in 30 career games. +14 as well.

Last edited:

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
The Anisimov for Perron trade slightly worries me if Dubi and Letestu aren't back for another month at least. As well, Letestu's injury strikes me as being one of those "nagging" type of injuries. This would then elevate Wennberg back to 3rd center for a while (giving him more minutes), but it's becoming pretty clear he isn't ready for the NHL yet.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
And then we'll have to replace Arty. This doesnt help depth with the loss of Horton which still needs to be replaced IMO. I injuries certainly have made an impact, but it also shows how bad our depth is. If Wennberg is really still up here because he's our best option, the depth of this team is terrible.

And like others have, this needed to be done 3-4 weeks ago, the seasons done now.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
And then we'll have to replace Arty. This doesnt help depth with the loss of Horton which still needs to be replaced IMO. I injuries certainly have made an impact, but it also shows how bad our depth is. If Wennberg is really still up here because he's our best option, the depth of this team is terrible.

And like others have, this needed to be done 3-4 weeks ago, the seasons done now.

That's what Jenner has already done. Johansen-Dubinsky-Jenner-Letestu. And this deal would have been impossible a few weeks ago because we literally had no centers outside of Johansen and Wennberg...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That's what Jenner has already done. Johansen-Dubinsky-Jenner-Letestu. And this deal would have been impossible a few weeks ago because we literally had no centers outside of Johansen and Wennberg...

So let's say this deal gets done tomorrow. Your centers are Johansen Dub... oh wait, Jenner and Lete... um. Wennberg. Cracknell? Chaput?

I'd say at this point I'd be OK with it. Perron replaces Horton (without the same playoff pedigree).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad