Jackets at World Championships

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Whatever has happened with Wennberg is self-neutering. Which sounds really bad now that I’ve typed it.

19b2cacdyd411.png

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Veini lost his starter spot after first game I hope they give him a second game.
and scoring vs Norway isn't that big of a deal. Eriksson is also over ppg it's not like alex performed vs a good team

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJWennberg10

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Honestly I attribute most of Wennberg’s struggles to the Wilson hit and ensuing concussion. He might’ve had 2 last year if I remember correctly.

I also remember he looked f***ing great in the playoffs last year until that hit.

Reactions: cslebn

GX

Dec 28, 2011
So what happened after the first period? It sounds like Latvia fell apart after a bad penalty.
Yup. The Czech team hadn't woken up for the first period. The major penalty helped them do that and turn on another gear. Merzlikins had some great saves early in the game.

Reactions: Madifer

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Elvis is not the one to blame for the loss. He was left out to dry all the time and its not like Latvia had any real chance against the Czechs anyway

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Elvis is not the one to blame for the loss. He was left out to dry all the time and its not like Latvia had any real chance against the Czechs anyway

Quintessential fanboy response. A couple of the goals I agree he had little chance but a couple I thought he could have/should have made.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Quintessential fanboy response. A couple of the goals I agree he had little chance but a couple I thought he could have/should have made.

Not really. Im not his fanboy, in fact this was the first time I saw him play.

That video is short and lame, it doesnt show many very nice saves either

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Merzlikins with 30/33 saves vs Russian power house. A decent game, certainly better performance by Elvis than vs Czechs.

N.B. Just remember Latvian team defense consists of 3 mid-tier KHL, 3 Czech Extraleague guys and a player from the NCAA.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Anyone see Mantha's goal against Germany today? The one that made it 5-1? Go to the 55 second mark to see it. Why do I bring this up? First of all, its an absolute beauty! Secondly, Mantha was the guy I wanted in that 2013 draft. The one where we drafted Wenny at 16, Rychel at 19, and then saw the Wings take Mantha at 20. Man we got snowed in the draft! 6'4", 200 Lbs and has scored 49 Gs and 96 Pts over the last two seasons. SMH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad